And I swear to every loving fuck, if I had a dollar for every person wearing a CC shirt to that show, I would be rich, and would have a huge body count.)

I wore a Neutral Milk Hotel shirt to the NYC IKS show. I didn't think much about it, but like 15 people commented on it and knew what it was. It has 0 words on it and all these people spotted it. Was fuckin' weird.

hey, to each their own. i just can't get into them/don't understand the rabid love for them, haha.

it doesn't hurt their cause that they are SUPER good to their fans and just nice in general. I'm pretty sure I could walk up to Claudio and say "Could i hold your baby?" And he and his wife would probably say "Sure." They just give as much as they can (because we spend retarded amounts of money on their stuff-- see my name).

This is a very cool story!

Ok one more from my early days. I used to LOVE fall out boy. I know, I know. anyways they used to know me because I was always at shows and hung with them and stuff and I made them a mixtape. Next time I saw them was like 6 months to a year later and they said that they still had it on their bus and loved it and played it. I was very touched.

My 19 year old coworkers yesterday were talking about seeing Fall Out Boy at the huge outdoor amphitheater over the summer. I was like "Pfft, I remember when you could stage dive at Fall Out Boy shows" and it BLEW THEIR MINDS

MBBM takes place in another time after the events of SSTB.

I think it takes place before all of it. There's a quote somewhere saying (as Inferno) something to th effect of him dying and finding himself on present day Earth about to tell the Amory Wars story, but before he does that he has to tell another...I could totes be misunderstanding, but I like what I think and can't be convinced to change my mind even if there are obvious holes in my version and yours makes more sense. #religion

I think it takes place before all of it. There's a quote somewhere saying (as Inferno) something to th effect of him dying and finding himself on present day Earth about to tell the Amory Wars story, but before he does that he has to tell another...I could totes be misunderstanding, but I like what I think and can't be convinced to change my mind even if there are obvious holes in my version and yours makes more sense. #religion

Because he died during the amory wars

My 19 year old coworkers yesterday were talking about seeing Fall Out Boy at the huge outdoor amphitheater over the summer. I was like "Pfft, I remember when you could stage dive at Fall Out Boy shows" and it BLEW THEIR MINDS

Similar note. I saw the Used way back in like 2001 when they opened up for Mest and the Riddlin' Kids in Atlanta (had been a Goldfinger tour, but they weren't on this date). It was in the basement venue of the Tabernacle (Cotton Club?). I stage dove a lot. It was rad. Then they blew the hell up.

Side note: Bert/ Burt/ Whatever was so coked out he started fuckin' with Mest's set from the DJ booth by talking over them and just generally being an ass. I laughed.

Because he died during the amory wars

Right. But he finds himself on present day earth and then tells some story (MBBM story, I presume) either way it's all a giant metaphor for how McDonald's and Wal-Mart are actually a cover/ investment of the Illuminati and aliens are coming back soon. #nwo

this Illuminati thing is all a lie. I just kind of wanted to put that thought out to the world.

Right. But he finds himself on present day earth and then tells some story (MBBM story, I presume) either way it's all a giant metaphor for how McDonald's and Wal-Mart are actually a cover/ investment of the Illuminati and aliens are coming back soon. #nwo

this Illuminati thing is all a lie. I just kind of wanted to put that thought out to the world.

weirdo

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic