On the whole Joy Division, The Smiths, and The Cure thing:

I will forever consider JD to be one of my favorite bands ever. I feel a personal connection with Ian Curtis despite the fact he died 6 years before my birth.

The Smiths were my go to for years and years. I plan on slowly acquiring all the Smith's LPs or splurging on boxset (despite its relative redundancy).

I always liked the Cure, but for some reason only LOVE earlier stuff. 10:15 on a Saturday Night is my top Cure track. I used to play it at that time when I was a teenager, because I'm a dork.

My first Coheed show was at the Roseland Ballroom in November 2004: Coheed, 3, and Underoath.

B3IdkvjCMAAEkGP.jpg

Nice! I wish I would have been smart enough to get and save the posters from shows I went to when I was a teenager. Having a poster from when I saw Thursday, Thrice and Coheed together in Austin back in 2003 would be fucking amazing, but alas I was just a dumb kid. 

On the whole Joy Division, The Smiths, and The Cure thing:

I will forever consider JD to be one of my favorite bands ever. I feel a personal connection with Ian Curtis despite the fact he died 6 years before my birth.

The Smiths were my go to for years and years. I plan on slowly acquiring all the Smith's LPs or splurging on boxset despite its relative redundancy).

I always liked the Cure, but for some reason only LOVE earlier stuff. 10:15 on a Saturday Night is my top Cure track. I used to play it at that time when I was a teenager, because I'm a dork.

Ever since I was a teenager I wanted an Unknown Pleasures tattoo.

But now it seems over done and cliche :(

What is the significance of the name Coheed & Cambria?

They are two main characters of the Amory Wars arc of the story. Really only the first parts (SSTB and YOTBR), but they are important. Also, i'm pretty sure Claudio is just making shit up as he goes along. Who knows, they may turn out to actually be Jay and Silent Bob.

Nice! I wish I would have been smart enough to get and save the posters from shows I went to when I was a teenager. Having a poster from when I saw Thursday, Thrice and Coheed together in Austin back in 2003 would be fucking amazing, but alas I was just a dumb kid. 

That was actually a gift from a really good friend.  He got it for me last year after he found out the venue was closing. He looked everywhere, and ended up buying it from some here at VC.

What is the significance of the name Coheed & Cambria?

They are the main character names of Claudio's Amory Wars, who's stories are told in the albums.

I passed up free tickets to an Underoath, The Chariot, Fear Before the March of Flames show in really early 2005. I made passport photos for Underoath to use on their Warped Tour lanyards. My first job was at an Eckerd's one hour photo a mile from the cool local venue.

One time a band opening for Chiodos (also 2005) had their van's battery die in our parking lot and no one would help them. Some old lady came in and was like "There are some very scary men out there bothering your customers!" I went outside, saw a van, a trailer, and a bunch of skinny band dudes with tattoos. I was like "Oh hey, you guys need to know how to get to Winners? Or are you having van problems?" And gave them a jump.

That was actually a gift from a really good friend.  He got it for me last year after he found out the venue was closing. He looked everywhere, and ended up buying it from some here at VC.

Speaking of Roseland closing, my wife saw Lady Gaga there during one of the last shows. That was her favorite moment of ever and I thought I should share it. Proceed.

If i remember right the 1st album is supposed to be the end of the story right?

no. It's part 2. but album 5 was part one. and the new ones are basically prequels. also I have a long drawn out theory about how the Prize Fighter inferno album is also a prequel (predating the two most recent prequels by C&C). The whole saga just reminds me of "This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on..."

If i remember right the 1st album is supposed to be the end of the story right?

Right now it goes: Afterman: Ascension, Afterman: Descension, Year of the Black Rainbow, Second Stage, In Keeping Secrets, Good Apollo 1, and Good Apollo 2.

The Afterman albums follow a different story, prior to the events of the Amory Wars beginning in YOTBR.

Yes, I am a nerd, fight me.

I passed up free tickets to an Underoath, The Chariot, Fear Before the March of Flames show in really early 2005. I made passport photos for Underoath to use on their Warped Tour lanyards. My first job was at an Eckerd's one hour photo a mile from the cool local venue.

One time a band opening for Chiodos (also 2005) had their van's battery die in our parking lot and no one would help them. Some old lady came in and was like "There are some very scary men out there bothering your customers!" I went outside, saw a van, a trailer, and a bunch of skinny band dudes with tattoos. I was like "Oh hey, you guys need to know how to get to Winners? Or are you having van problems?" And gave them a jump.

This is a very cool story! 

Ok one more from my early days. I used to LOVE fall out boy. I know, I know. anyways they used to know me because I was always at shows and hung with them and stuff and I made them a mixtape. Next time I saw them was like 6 months to a year later and they said that they still had it on their bus and loved it and played it. I was very touched. 

This is a very cool story! 

Ok one more from my early days. I used to LOVE fall out boy. I know, I know. anyways they used to know me because I was always at shows and hung with them and stuff and I made them a mixtape. Next time I saw them was like 6 months to a year later and they said that they still had it on their bus and loved it and played it. I was very touched. 

Take This To Your Grave was great when I was 18 years old.

Right now it goes: Afterman: Ascension, Afterman: Descension, Year of the Black Rainbow, Second Stage, In Keeping Secrets, Good Apollo 1, and Good Apollo 2.

The Afterman albums follow a different story, prior to the events of the Amory Wars beginning in YOTBR.

Cobald and Calcium, bro.

And don't worry. I drove 8 hours to Denver to see them for the IKSSE:3 tour.

But I'll never be that "fan" in the crowd who is arguing to another fan about the significance, importance, characters or (especially) meaning.

Die hard Coheed fans can be some of the NERDIEST fucking people ever. It's like socially awkward scifi kids flock to it. (No offense to you at all. You aren't who I'm describing; trust me. That show was a whole new level. And I swear to every loving fuck, if I had a dollar for every person wearing a CC shirt to that show, I would be rich, and would have a huge body count.)

Coheed story time! I saw them at Coachella after YOTBR came out and was enjoying them so so much. They got to welcome home which is a song that gives me chills, you may have seen this on youtube but during the chanting part they brought out the USC marching band it seriously is one of my favorite all time concert memories. It was just me and a couple hundred coheed fans who happened to be at Coachella. Fuck that was a good day.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic