What's a band that's stuck with you since high school and is special really only to you? Like a band that not many people are into or maybe even suck but you revisit them and rock out every once in a while? 

I've been listening to Green Day since I was 7. I will always love them, no matter what they put out, their fans, etc. They are my childhood and were a gateway to so much great music.

As far as a band that people might think "suck", sort of a guilty pleasure...

tumblr_m2z17dUJxX1qjkk6ao1_500.jpg

What's a band that's stuck with you since high school and is special really only to you? Like a band that not many people are into or maybe even suck but you revisit them and rock out every once in a while?

All the bands I liked in high school are either really popular now (Converge, Every Time I Die), were really popular then (Thursday, Brand New), were always popular forever (The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division) or are popular among a niche audience (Bear vs Shark, These Arms are Snakes).

BUT after high school I found a random band on some split and their songs really stuck with me for some reason. Like, I knew at the time that they were lame, kinda corny, and far from the best at what they were doing. But for some reason I fucking LOVED their side of the split and still revisit it sometimes.

The band was called The Kirby. They changed their name to something I don't remember and put out an LP that sucked before breaking up. But their split with Blueprint Car Crash was awesome. BCC were like some lame Mars Volta wannabes or something, I don't remember much case I only listened to their songs once.

All the bands I liked in high school are either really popular now (Converge, Every Time I Die), were really popular then (Thursday, Brand New), were always popular forever (The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division) or are popular among a niche audience (Bear vs Shark, These Arms are Snakes).

BUT after high school I found a random band on some split and their songs really stuck with me for some reason. Like, I knew at the time that they were lame, kinda corny, and far from the best at what they were doing. But for some reason I fucking LOVED their side of the split and still revisit it sometimes.

The band was called The Kirby. They changed their name to something I don't remember and put out an LP that sucked before breaking up. But their split with Blueprint Car Crash was awesome. BCC were like some lame Mars Volta wannabes or something, I don't remember much case I only listened to their songs once.

I still love Thursday

You guys all had better taste then me. 

The band I used to obsess over was Five Iron Frenzy and it was hard to listen to music because of my upbringing but in highschool there used to be a record store called "Greene Records" and I used to spend my lunch money trying out new bands and discovered so much emo, hardcore and punk. 

Bruce your love of cure, Joy Division and Smiths makes me think we should just go ahead and get married. 

High School was a lot of AFI and Coheed, but I will always and forever be a Thrice fan, no matter what. 

Thrice was one of the first shows I went to when we moved to Irvine. (Orange county) they were in a small church playing with Name Taken. I loved them all throughout high school and into college and imagine my surprise when my mom and Dustin's mom became besties from going to the same church.  Dustin is one of the nicest dudes too. 

Thrice was one of the first shows I went to when we moved to Irvine. (Orange county) they were in a small church playing with Name Taken. I loved them all throughout high school and into college and imagine my surprise when my mom and Dustin's mom became besties from going to the same church.  Dustin is one of the nicest dudes too. 

I'm jealous!!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic