i felt the same way for a while till a buddy of mine who i always looked up to musically was spinning korn and i was confused he would like that and he kinda opened my eyes to it actually being something not stupid and meant for 13 year olds to punch their pillows to

I'll definitely agree that S/T addresses some serious shit. As the albums progressed I like them less and less until it gets to "Issues." After that I actively dislike all of it and did when it was released. Issues came out when I was in the 7th grade (?) and that was MY. FUCKING. ALBUM. That was all I listened to. Then I kinda moved towards punk and it was all "downhill" from there.

How much are 1st presses going for? If I can grab a different first press, I'll let you get mine. I don't exclusively collect first presses, but I like to have em. However, if it helps you out, no harm no foul. That version is the one I bought the day it was released in CT, so it's been played at least 5 times. Still sounds and looks spectacalar though.

From looking at discogs the black version is the cheapest to pick up from the first press, haha. There's a couple up for around $20. I might bite the bullet if I can swing that after paying my car insurance next week.

From looking at discogs the black version is the cheapest to pick up from the first press, haha. There's a couple up for around $20. I might bite the bullet if I can swing that after paying my car insurance next week.

Well if you ever "need" to get mine, I'll have it. $20 ain't bad as that's pretty much the retail cost of any record. I think it was $16 brand new in store and I thought I was getting a green one.

I'll definitely agree that S/T addresses some serious shit. As the albums progressed I like them less and less until it gets to "Issues." After that I actively dislike all of it and did when it was released. Issues came out when I was in the 7th grade (?) and that was MY. FUCKING. ALBUM. That was all I listened to. Then I kinda moved towards punk and it was all "downhill" from there.

i feel the same way 

if you dont look at it as being korn and you look at it as this kid with a reaaaaaalllly fucked up childhood making weird hardcore on meth(literally) then its pretty sick

its just so unintelligent and fucking sad and frustrating its tight 

I have variant collections of bands I have friends in and that's it. My favorite band is way too fucking crazy with variants but one day, I will fucking have them all. I still am missing most of their discography because I suck. All I have is Crimes, Rumors Laid Waste and their self titled 7".

It's tough and no one understands it (except youz guise).

When i got in a copy of an album (different vinyl color) that was currently spinning, my wife was like "why did you buy that? There is one right there!" Then i showed her the difference and she asked me if i seriously bought another one because it was different.

#misunderstood

I showed my girlfriend-ish person my stack of TWIABP LPs (5 Whenever, If Evers, 3 Between Bodies, and 2 Audiotrees) and her response was "You pretentious fuck. If I ever buy you a record and find out you already own it on a different color I will murder you."

I have variant collections of bands I have friends in and that's it. My favorite band is way too fucking crazy with variants but one day, I will fucking have them all. I still am missing most of their discography because I suck. All I have is Crimes, Rumors Laid Waste and their self titled 7".

PM ME YOUR ADDRESS

ALSO I FORGOT TO TEXT YOU TO ASK IF YOU LIKED WAYNES WORLD

YOU BETTER HAVE LIKED WAYNES WORLD

I showed my girlfriend-ish person my stack of TWIABP LPs (5 Whenever, If Evers, 3 Between Bodies, and 2 Audiotrees) and her response was "You pretentious fuck. If I ever buy you a record and find out you already own it on a different color I will murder you."

Haha. I'm pretty sure my wife will never buy me a record for fear I already own it.

I do.

I went to Ozzfest in 2004 and they were one of the headliners. They were a really good live band. I wasn't into them by this time, but it had a sort of nostalgic awesomeness about it. I think the best performers that day were Voivod, Killswitch, Cradle, and Manson. Korn was really good, Chevelle was awful, Disturbed (who I HAVE ALWAYS DESPISED) actually sounded "good" aka like their recordings. Ozzy, well, he is just really old, but he was the reason I went, so I have that under my belt.

I went to Ozzfest in 2004 and they were one of the headliners. They were a really good live band. I wasn't into them by this time, but it had a sort of nostalgic awesomeness about it. I think the best performers that day were Voivod, Killswitch, Cradle, and Manson. Korn was really good, Chevelle was awful, Disturbed (who I HAVE ALWAYS DESPISED) actually sounded "good" aka like their recordings. Ozzy, well, he is just really old, but he was the reason I went, so I have that under my belt.

That makes me sad. I really like Chevelle.

That makes me sad. I really like Chevelle.

I mean, they sounded okay-ish, but they were SO boring. They just stood in place, barely moving. I mean they did their job, but their complete lack of stage presence ruined it for me. I liked them a lot more before that hot summer day.

Not in Texas either. In fact, we have a few dry cities that don't sell any booze at all. I am always amazed when I go up to Omaha and you can buy bottles of liquor right there at the grocery store.

With SC's blue laws, you can't buy liquor on Sunday smh

I mean, they sounded okay-ish, but they were SO boring. They just stood in place, barely moving. I mean they did their job, but their complete lack of stage presence ruined it for me. I liked them a lot more before that hot summer day.

Hahaha, I get ya

*makes note to never see Chevelle live*

I think 2004's Ozzfest also had Converge and Every Time I Die. WHY WERE YOU WATCHING DISTURBED WHEN YOU COULD HAVE BEEN HEADWALKING!?!

EDIT (even though I actually checked before hitting post): Don't know why I thought Converge played ozzfest. But still, 2004 had ETID and Darkest Hour. Headwalk city.

I think 2004's Ozzfest also had Converge and Every Time I Die. WHY WERE YOU WATCHING DISTURBED WHEN YOU COULD HAVE BEEN HEADWALKING!?!

EDIT (even though I actually checked before hitting post): Don't know why I thought Converge played ozzfest. But still, 2004 had ETID and Darkest Hour. Headwalk city.

yea, no converge unfortunately. I went to ozzfest 2003, 2004, 2005. Killswitch was awesome, all i remember was adam running around in daisy dukes, a tank top, and a cape. got a cool picture with brian from shadows fall and got to meet atreyu, (which i purposely got my inner lip tattooed before going, my plan was to show alex since i seen his in a mag, yea i was a dufus.) ohhh the memories. I cant do chevelle, snooze-fest and their music gives me a pain below when i hear it.

yea, no converge unfortunately. I went to ozzfest 2003, 2004, 2005. Killswitch was awesome, all i remember was adam running around in daisy dukes, a tank top, and a cape. got a cool picture with brian from shadows fall and got to meet atreyu, (which i purposely got my inner lip tattooed before going, my plan was to show alex since i seen his in a mag, yea i was a dufus.) ohhh the memories. I cant do chevelle, snooze-fest and their music gives me a pain below when i hear it.

thats so funny ahahhaha

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic