i lived in dallas for about 3 years for work then moved back, then moved to houston to be with the lady until she finishes her work contract then back up north!

dallas was cool, but it was still texas. it was a nice city but boring. austin, everyone raves about 6th street and i dont drink so everytime i go there its always a dud, because im a dud. cool looking for sure. and sa has the alamo thats it. im used to boston and coastline cities, just for me so much more. haha thought i did enjoy going to denton, just north of dallas. cool little area for sure.

Yeah Denton is pretty cool. Their Six Flags is probably the best one in Texas, and going to Baseball games is always fun. I had a blast when I was in Dallas a few weeks ago. I mostly only care about good beer and good food. Get me drunk, fill my belly and I am a happy camper. There's a lot of Historic shit to see and do in Texas too. Lots of art, music, museums, parks and stuff like that. Only went to Houston once and I hated every moment of it. But yeah, I am a firm believer that living up North is a hell of a lot better than Texas. I lived in Germany for 5 years then moved to Texas. That first year was the worst year of my life. I miss all of the seasons and go years without seeing any snow. It's fucking sad. 

I was gonna buy one of the BTBAM albums I don't have from this girl who I used to follow on twitter.  I asked what the condition was, and she said "like new, i've never spun it, I just hang them on my wall.  I don't even own a vinyl(s) player".  That was the end of that conversation.

I was gonna buy one of the BTBAM albums I don't have from this girl who I used to follow on twitter.  I asked what the condition was, and she said "like new, i've never spun it, I just hang them on my wall".  That was the end of that conversation.

Nice. Hey if you need one, my local HT has like 6 different ones. It's kinda sad because they just sit there. I don't care for BTBAM too much, but I don't think they deserve to be homeless. Also there are about 6 My Little Pony pic discs if any of you are bronies or whatever girl MLP fans are called. I don't get that either, but whatever- I like the Pizza Underground, who am I to judge?

Nice. Hey if you need one, my local HT has like 6 different ones. It's kinda sad because they just sit there. I don't care for BTBAM too much, but I don't think they deserve to be homeless. Also there are about 6 My Little Pony pic discs if any of you are bronies or whatever girl MLP fans are called. I don't get that either, but whatever- I like the Pizza Underground, who am I to judge?

They sit there online too. Now on clearance. Snagged a few.

40 hasnt spoken to me since I switched gifs. I think hes a bigger Anna Kendrick fan than I am

haha. I love me some Kristen Wiig too. She was in that rollerderby movie. Also she's hysterical. "Welcome to terrr-gett!"

I'm not mad at you. I've been tied up with school and work lately. It's just a coincidence.

UGH. What is with people on here always trying to sell Second Stage Turbine Blade for $125+?! Fuckers.

Which one?

Coheed is too often overpriced second hand. The sad thing is that a lot of the fanatics just collect their stuff and don't necessarily play it. There is this one guy that has all their albums (and assorted variants) FRAMED on his walls. He has no free wall space for all the coheed records (and posters, setlists, etc.) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing what you want with your stuff, but he probably doesn't know how a record player works. To quote the James Champ: "for. shame."

I know who you are talking about and it drives me insane!

haha. I love me some Kristen Wiig too. She was in that rollerderby movie. Also she's hysterical. "Welcome to terrr-gett!"

I'm not mad at you. I've been tied up with school and work lately. It's just a coincidence.

She is pretty grrrrr-ate

Saul Goode blood, just joshin' 

just joshin' 

I've always wondered how this phrase came about. Was some dude name Josh always kidding around so people started referencing jokes as "Joshes" ?

My package from Mondo has been picked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snl-so-freakin-excited.gif

What. The. Fuck. I want my shit! Ahem...I mean...CONGRATS!

I've always wondered how this phrase came about. Was some dude name Josh always kidding around so people started referencing jokes as "Joshes" ?

What. The. Fuck. I want my shit! Ahem...I mean...CONGRATS!

No clue the legitimacy of this, but came across this thingy:

"Just joshing you" came from the late 1800's and has a very interesting story behind it!

Josh Tatum was a deaf mute, but a very enterprising young man from the Midwest. In 1883 the US Mint came out with a new nickel. It was deemed the Liberty Head Nickel and on the reverse side had a large roman numeral V stamped on it. The new nickel did not have the word "cents" or "nickel" stamped on it. Josh Tatum noticed this and the fact that it was nearly the same size as the US $5.00 gold piece, which at the time was used as common currency.

With the help of a friend familiar in gold electroplating base metal, they turned these coins into a figurative gold mine. Tatum went from town to town going into shops, stores & mercantiles. He was very careful not to purchase anything that cost more than a nickel, where he would hand over one of these gold plated nickels. The clerk would accept the coin, and in most instances give Josh back $4.95 in change, which he happily would take. By the time law enforcement caught up to him, he had visited hundreds of towns & had amassed a small fortune.

The Law prosecuted him but ironically he was found not guilty on the most serious charges, because he only purchased items that totaled 5 cents, and because he was deaf & could not speak he never represented that it was a new $5.00 gold piece.

The same year, the US mint added the word "cents" to the Liberty Head Nickle in an effort to bring this type of fraud to a halt.

Hence the famous saying "you're not Joshing me are you"?

What are you waiting on from Mondo?

I was gonna buy one of the BTBAM albums I don't have from this girl who I used to follow on twitter.  I asked what the condition was, and she said "like new, i've never spun it, I just hang them on my wall.  I don't even own a vinyl(s) player".  That was the end of that conversation.

I................................. have never heard of a record player referred to as a vinyl player. Good grief

No clue the legitimacy of this, but came across this thingy:

"Just joshing you" came from the late 1800's and has a very interesting story behind it!

Josh Tatum was a deaf mute, but a very enterprising young man from the Midwest. In 1883 the US Mint came out with a new nickel. It was deemed the Liberty Head Nickel and on the reverse side had a large roman numeral V stamped on it. The new nickel did not have the word "cents" or "nickel" stamped on it. Josh Tatum noticed this and the fact that it was nearly the same size as the US $5.00 gold piece, which at the time was used as common currency.

With the help of a friend familiar in gold electroplating base metal, they turned these coins into a figurative gold mine. Tatum went from town to town going into shops, stores & mercantiles. He was very careful not to purchase anything that cost more than a nickel, where he would hand over one of these gold plated nickels. The clerk would accept the coin, and in most instances give Josh back $4.95 in change, which he happily would take. By the time law enforcement caught up to him, he had visited hundreds of towns & had amassed a small fortune.

The Law prosecuted him but ironically he was found not guilty on the most serious charges, because he only purchased items that totaled 5 cents, and because he was deaf & could not speak he never represented that it was a new $5.00 gold piece.

The same year, the US mint added the word "cents" to the Liberty Head Nickle in an effort to bring this type of fraud to a halt.

Hence the famous saying "you're not Joshing me are you"?

What are you waiting on from Mondo?

Interesting story. Could be true, but it sounds like one of those chain email stories that always ends with "Send this to 30 people in 10 minutes and you will find fortune. Don't forward it and most of your loved ones will suddenly die around you, the skies will open up and rain diarrhea on your face, and your mother will be raped by a T-Rex."

I am waiting on my GotG and Sleepaway camp.

Interesting story. Could be true, but it sounds like one of those chain email stories that always ends with "Send this to 30 people in 10 minutes and you will find fortune. Don't forward it and most of your loved ones will suddenly die around you, the skies will open up and rain diarrhea on your face, and your mother will be raped by a T-Rex."

I am waiting on my GotG and Sleepaway camp.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Surprised GotG hasnt shipped yet. I assume Angela was ordered by herself.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Surprised GotG hasnt shipped yet. I assume Angela was ordered by herself.

She was because I only really wanted that when it went up with the other DW stuff, plus I had to be quick because it was the tri-color. It took me 3 tries to actually check out. I kept losing it or it would go out of stock. If they fucked me on the tri-color'd one, I'll be PO'd...and not in a "preorder" kind of way.

She was because I only really wanted that when it went up with the other DW stuff, plus I had to be quick because it was the tri-color. It took me 3 tries to actually check out. I kept losing it or it would go out of stock. If they fucked me on the tri-color'd one, I'll be PO'd...and not in a "preorder" kind of way.

I hope they come through for ya. She's a beauty & I want at least 1 cool peep to get it

I hope they come through for ya. She's a beauty & I want at least 1 cool peep to get it

Thanks brosef! I'm sure they will. I've never had an issue with mondo shipments, except for never receiving a random variant and waiting 17 years. Otherwise they're topnotch! (I'm actually 100% serious; it sounds sarcastic, but it's not. No seriously.)

Thanks brosef! I'm sure they will. I've never had an issue with mondo shipments, except for never receiving a random variant and waiting 17 years. Otherwise they're topnotch! (I'm actually 100% serious; it sounds sarcastic, but it's not. No seriously.)

If their products weren't so sweet I'd never order from them cuz yeah, their shipping is horrendous. Between posters & rekkidz I think they have too much on their plate. Hell, they put me up at a place in Texas & pay me with records, I'd work for them.

If their products weren't so sweet I'd never order from them cuz yeah, their shipping is horrendous. Between posters & rekkidz I think they have too much on their plate. Hell, they put me up at a place in Texas & pay me with records, I'd work for them.

All this is too true. When I first heard of them they were about to release Drive and they were still calling themselves a small little company that felt lucky to be able to make OSTs.  Now they've bought DW...a lot changed in a short time. I think  they haven't hired enough people to keep up with their production. Not to mention that the releases have become slightly more mainstream than before. Maniac is one thing, but a fucking Marvel movie?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic