I've been ripping all my CDs to lossless/buying flac/some torrents to get everything I already own in lossless, then streaming it from my laptop to my airport express, which goes through a DAC to my stereo. 

Those are the only words I understood from that sentence.

Apparently I'm both super old and totally out to touch with technology.

Pfffffffffft. Fuck selling my records. Some days, I just see how many I have that either I don't listen to and are taking up space but can't part with, that I just want to set fire to the whole damn thing and walk away and go live in the woods in the middle of nowhere without having to deal with anyone ever again. Completely off the grid and gone.

Nah, you have to keep the records if you did that, they'd be your only nighttime entertainment!

I could get behind something like this though. Little cabin farm up in the mountains, record player, solar panels with a storage battery to use at night. Backup generator for emergencies. Life would be good.

i think i need to just spend a weekend going through my collection and start selling off shit i don't listen to or have duplicates of, etc.. NYC apartments are definitely not made to hold massive record collections. my two 2x4's are full. need to get another one real soon. at that point, my records will have legitimately taken over my entire living room (sorry, roomie! xo). 

after that, my two options will be sell sell sell or take my records and move to the woods and become a lumberjack. 

Mine has gotten a lot better as it has not bothered me much lately. When it does, it happens constantly for a few weeks, then goes away again for months.

Smoking a cigarette while standing in deep ocean water has suddenly become the #1 thing on my list to do this summer.

It was super nice, honestly. The water is so chill and relaxing and I'm constantly smoking so it made it 10x better. I put the filter in my pocket after I was done because save the animals and stuff.

Oh damn. I'm a pack and a few more a day kind of person. Also I willingly ingested caffiene today. That's weird.

Holy shit.  How can someone smoke over a pack a day?  I'll buy a pack once and a while if I'm stressed or something, and it'll last me over a week.  If I try and smoke more than a few a day I just feel like shit.  The worst I've ever been is during first semester I was buying a pack a week, but then I said fuck that.

Holy shit. How can someone smoke over a pack a day? I'll buy a pack once and a while if I'm stressed or something, and it'll last me over a week. If I try and smoke more than a few a day I just feel like shit. The worst I've ever been is during first semester I was buying a pack a week, but then I said fuck that.

I smoke so fucking much. It's not something I would suggest. Plus I've been smoking for 8 years. And I smoke more when drunk. I've been drunk a good half of this trip.

Man fucking Ikea send me a Kallax insert with a door instead of a fucking Kallax. They didn't find it odd the package should be 52lbs, and it only weights like 5? They don't make it easy to do anything but call to report it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic