Did you get me anything Jared?!?!

I wish, Daderson. I got in line around 6:15. About 20 minutes later one of the employees cut the line off a few people in front of me because they wanted to leave early for fear of having to drive to Vegas in bad weather. I didn't get to buy anything.

Yeah portable audio has been my main thing for years but I havent had anything capable of playing anything above 16/44. I prefer the ease of use and stability of iPods because most of the other DAPs either have clunky UI or don't do gapless playback and drive me crazy. Ive done the iPod and amp thing and it is awesome. I have currently been planning to put a 64GB SD card into an iPod 5.5G but someone on Head-fi and in WA has a Fiio X3 for cheap because they offered X3 owners a discount on the new X3 v2. Its a lot more than what I was going to spend fixing the iPod, but I don't even know if the iPod will still work after I restore it. I would like to hear something that can play the higher quality files. I have UE Triple Fi 10s that sound pretty good just from my Nano, but could sound a lot better! I recently re-ripped most of my collection as ALAC and AAC. Part way through encoding to AAC with iTunes I discovered another encoder that has support for true VBR which is better than the constrained VBR that iTunes uses. It even goes above 320 but also goes lower for less complex parts so on some tunes it evens out. Constrained VBR is pretty lame (not LAME).

I downloaded a high quality vinyl rip the other day because everyone was discussing different pressings of a certain album. My computer can only handle 96 though so I haven't tried listening to it.

Sorry guys.

In Jared's defense, when TMR RRS came to NYC while I was living there, I got there at 8AM and waited until 4PM for it to roll up. Then waited another 2 hours for it to open. So yeah, I waited 10 hours on the sidewalk of China Town to get my records. I was first in line. Don't know how fast they sold out of the limited stuff but I don't imagine too long. I got the triple decker record (sold it and paid for a month of rent), the DW split (supposedly out of /300 yet they are still selling some years later - weird), and the Rome deluxe colored (which is the only one of the three I still have cause the quality is amazing).

I also got a limited edition (blue) print of a Jack White I'm Shakin' which was hand numbered. There were black copies and blue copies. /150 of each out of /300 total (black and blue to match the music video). Unfortunately I lost it in the move somehow.

I don't know if I already said this, but I'm losing my job at the end of the month. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to keep it past summer, and I found out last week, but I wasn't expecting to be let go so soon. It really sucks because now I can't do RSD this year, so that I still have enough money to pay bills next month (it was a part-time job at minimum wage so I wasn't earning much to begin with). I guess the nice thing is that, with the exception of Oneohtrix Point Never's EP, the only other RSD releases I wanted are probably gonna be pretty easy to find after this weekend, so there's that, haha.

Expect a sale thread as soon as I can get my hands on more mailers and packing material.  ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic