How are your fingertips?

Pretty good, I almost burned myself by the side of the iron but did ok. I used this "helping hand" thing that was part of my kit. So little clips held the board for me.

Maybe the USPS tracking is right because my shit didnt come today. At least I won something, that makes this a little better.

I really need to stop drinking pop, but I also really don't like water so I don't know what else to drink. Any suggestions? My current pop intake is going to give me diabetes and rot my teeth out pretty soon, so I really need to change.

Ever since my teeth issues earlier this year I've been drinking a lot of water with a glass of beer or sweet tea every now and then. Soda is gross to me now

Ever since my teeth issues earlier this year I've been drinking a lot of water with a glass of beer or sweet tea every now and then. Soda is gross to me now

I need this to happen. My teeth feel gross after drinking it, but I do it anyway. I'm surprised I don't have any teeth problems. I do brush my teeth twice a day, but all that sugar can't be good. My last visit to the dentist a few years ago, they told me to slow down on it, but no cavities have formed where they say they would.

Thomas, what about soda with artificial sweeteners? I pretty much only drink Coke Zero.

I don't do it necessarily to prevent teeth problems, I just happen to not be fond of sweet things, and think it tastes way better than Coke (which I actually hate).

I love tea, but it's a natural diuretic so it makes you piss all damn day. So I usually try to only drink tea if I'm home (which is hard, cause Peace Tea is so damn good - even though it's sweet, it's my one exception).

I try to stay away from artifical stuff. Coke Zero is ok, but I am not a huge fan of it. Diet Coke is even worse, it's got such a harsh taste to it. Switching to Coke Zero might make quitting easier, since I think I'm more addicted to the sugar/high fructose corn syrup in it than I am the caffeine. Vanilla Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero are prety damn good.

I try to stay away from artifical stuff. Coke Zero is ok, but I am not a huge fan of it. Diet Coke is even worse, it's got such a harsh taste to it. Switching to Coke Zero might make quitting easier, since I think I'm more addicted to the sugar/high fructose corn syrup in it than I am the caffeine. Vanilla Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero are prety damn good.

Yeah, Coke Zero is pretty much the only soda I drink in general. I don't know why, I love soda, but hate sugar. It's weird. But artificial sweeteners suck too. They have that chemical taste to them. But soda is so perfect for drinking when eating snack food and watching a movie, so I can't cut it out completely. I'm just lucky that I love Coke Zero so much. Honestly, it's the only soda I need. If they stop making it, I'll be devastated. I switch it up with the Vanilla every once in a while, but not too often. I got lucky that my girlfriend is the same way, and only drinks Coke Zero (cause she doesn't drink that much soda to begin with, but if she does, it's Coke Zero).

I drink A LOT of sparkling water. No sugar, no caffeine, no sodium. The cran-raspberry LaCroix waters are my favorite. Target also does a bunch of good flavored ones. Great for mixing with alcohol too, since I try to avoid soda any way I can. The only exceptions I make are ginger beer, rootbeer and cream soda on the rare occasion, and only if they are pure cane sugar. The waters are hard to get used to at first, and you have to find what flavors you like, but they are so much better for you than anything else. 

I was definitely a kool-aid kid growing up. My mom drank a lot of sodas, but kool-aid and juices were my personal preference. 

Hey skadaddy...this is conducive to our conversation from earlier today. Came across on my FB feed today. 

http://flavorwire.com/517439/gloriously-explicit-90s-alternative-band-t-shirts-a-hall-of-fame

Awesome.

I remembered knowing people who owned at least half of those shirts as I was thumbing through them.

Been prepping some food for a little bbq party I'm doing tonight for about 10 people. Doing some Moroccan style pork ribs with a cilantro/molasses "bbq" sauce. Some Mexican style corn on the cob with mayo and cotija cheese. And some good ole southern potato salad. I'm ready to eat!

Where the hell was my invite?! (I kid ... sort of). That all sounds delicious. I love mexican style pork ribs. Abovetheearth would be all about that too!

I got my bike in today. I'm putting it together now. I'll let you know how it rides. It's so damn light. Even after being sick, and having no energy I picked up the whole thing like it was nothing. Not sure of the weight off hand, but it'll be easy to manage for sure. It came pretty quick too. They're based in TX so it only took a few days. It was delivered yesterday but I wasn't home - so it got redelivered today.

Where the hell was my invite?! (I kid ... sort of). That all sounds delicious. I love mexican style pork ribs. Abovetheearth would be all about that too!

I got my bike in today. I'm putting it together now. I'll let you know how it rides. It's so damn light. Even after being sick, and having no energy I picked up the whole thing like it was nothing. Not sure of the weight off hand, but it'll be easy to manage for sure. It came pretty quick too. They're based in TX so it only took a few days. It was delivered yesterday but I wasn't home - so it got redelivered today.

That is super quick delivery. We will have to gather the VC PDX crew and get down on some foods.

It really is my lucky day! Some guy with my last name died in a car crash and his lawyer wants me to help him and I could get more than $3 million! Glad I replied to the first email with "Fascinating!" to which he replied with the full story of the situation. Apparently only he can get in trouble if anyone figures out I only share the last name and am not really related. Im going to have a pretty sweet turntable and sound system after this deal is done.

But yeah it looks like I might be fixing up some rusty old bike to be my new wheels so not quite as nice as that probably.

That is super quick delivery. We will have to gather the VC PDX crew and get down on some foods.

For real, especially for free shipping. I'm impressed.

I would be all for it. I'm a pretty introverted / anti-social fucker, but records / music, and good food are two things that can lure me from my cave.

It really is my lucky day! Some guy with my last name died in a car crash and his lawyer wants me to help him and I could get more than $3 million! Glad I replied to the first email with "Fascinating!" to which he replied with the full story of the situation. Apparently only he can get in trouble if anyone figures out I only share the last name and am not really related. Im going to have a pretty sweet turntable and sound system after this deal is done.

But yeah it looks like I might be fixing up some rusty old bike to be my new wheels so not quite as nice as that probably.

OH NO BIG FUCKING DEAL! I JUST MIGHT BE A DAMNED MILLIONAIRE!

Hahhahahhahahaha.

Oh, man. I except you to get a sick set up with all that. And by that I mean only spend a few grand cause human ears can only hear so much (wink), and spend the rest on those darn music discs. (Seriously, those "audiophiles that buy thousand dollar interconnects, silver oxygen free cables, power blocks as much as a car, etc. drive me bananas. Sure you can afford it, but why not buy more records!) Haha.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic