Juan- holy shit yes. I won't even begin to list 'em all out, but one is "Cheers Darlin" by Damien Rice. It reminds me of the same person that "Adam's Song" does. May he rest in peace.

Cheeseballz- don't feel bad about the Blink thing. Adam's song always gets me because it reminds me of aforementioned person.

McCandless, so the rich old guys are kinda like our Conservatives. Best of luck with that whole thing, I don't want to pretend I even begin to understand how all of that works...

willy- every time you talk about food I get really upset that I don't live in the south anymore. I NEED real BBQ, brisket, and pulled pork back in my life.

Also, I didn't quote anyone because I cannot do that in my office any longer, something about our browser and working for the gov't ruins all my fun. I can't even fucking copy/paste here...

Juan, what was the outcome of that ebay issue who left you feedback but still complained??

I stopped responding. Dick move, I know. But after telling them enough times that no refunds and record was sealed and no way of knowing it was "damaged", I just stopped. Wasn't going to offer even a partial refund.

As for songs/albums that give you intense feels.

John Lennon's "Imagine" has always been a song that I get all weepy over. Maybe it's the naivete of the words and outlook in the lyrics, but damn, it gets to me each and every time I hear it.

Just today, Death of Lovers' "Buried Under A World Of Roses" came on the shuffle and I just lost it. Musically it's intense, but it's the words that got to me mostly, especially with all the things I'm dealing with currently.

McCandless, so the rich old guys are kinda like our Conservatives. Best of luck with that whole thing, I don't want to pretend I even begin to understand how all of that works...

Me neither. It's not the end of the world for me since I'm doing ok financially, however for a lot of people it's crap.

They are planning to increase uni fees again. They put them up from $4500 p/a to to $14,000 p/a like 2 years back. They are now planning to put them up to $30,000 p/a. Pretty much confirming only the rich kids can ever get into higher education.

Sounds like 'Murica. I spent 4 years in the Army and literally risked my survival in order to fund college. I have one summer course and 18 weeks of student teaching between me and my 2 degrees (Elementary Education and Interdisciplinary Studies in English/ Lit and Social Studies- mostly Geography and sociology)

I hope for the sake of the future of your country (and the world) that this problem is fixed everywhere. Otherwise we legitimately are heading towards an Idiocracy type future. It scares the shit out of me.

Brawndo- it's got electrolytes.

I just can't wake up today. I slept for close to 8 hours, but it feels like I didn't sleep at all. My eyes are so heavy and I feel super out of it. This heat is killing my body, I'm just not used to it yet.

I just can't wake up today. I slept for close to 8 hours, but it feels like I didn't sleep at all. My eyes are so heavy and I feel super out of it. This heat is killing my body, I'm just not used to it yet.

God me too. Just brought my lady to her new freelance job. Waaaay out of my way. Now I'm off to work with about 5 hrs of sleep under me. And it's my Monday. Praise Jesus.

It's a weird feeling stumbling through your day in a fog. It feels like a dream. I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago, unless I really concentrate on it.

It's a weird feeling stumbling through your day in a fog. It feels like a dream. I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago, unless I really concentrate on it.

Yikes. That's scary shit. Especially for my line of work. I need to pull my shit together before I start cutting meat on band saws that can take my hands off in a split second if I'm not careful.

I had insomnia for about 4-5 years relating to a medical thingy. Total zombification. It's like youre in a constant waking dream. By the end I wasn't sure what was real.

Yikes. That's scary shit. Especially for my line of work. I need to pull my shit together before I start cutting meat on band saws that can take my hands off in a split second if I'm not careful.

Haha, yeah, that would not be good to do in a daze. At least all I have to do is sit and stare a computer screen. My drive in was weird, thankfully traffic is light on Fridays. Hopefully the fog lifts before I drive home.

I had insomnia for about 4-5 years relating to a medical thingy. Total zombification. It's like youre in a constant waking dream. By the end I wasn't sure what was real.

That is scary. I've had it happen for a few weeks at a time when my anxiety is bad, but not years. That would be surreal.

I used to have a Beside You In Time shirt + a Pretty Hate Machine shirt when I was a teenager :c Can't find em anymore. PHM, TDS and With Teeth were a big part of my life while becoming a young adult.

I had a PHM shirt & a "Too fucked up to care anymore" Fragile shirt. I had to turn it inside out during my SAT's :rolleyes:  & then I left it at a friend's house & it's gone forever :(

Oh yeah, growing up PHM---->The Fragile were a huge part of my life. WT & Y0 are also excellent.

I went out with a buddy for tacos and beer and I still feel haunted by the beer I bought. It was an American wild ale brewed by The rare barrel. I believe they are located down in Berkeley, CA. Anyway, this beer had such a rad name that I decided to go for it, "shadows of their eyes". I quickly found out that this was one of the worst craft beers I've ever had. It was almost like a thick red wine! Super sour and tasted like dark fruits. Never again.

I had a PHM shirt & a "Too fucked up to care anymore" Fragile shirt. I had to turn it inside out during my SAT's :rolleyes: & then I left it at a friend's house & it's gone forever :(

Oh yeah, growing up PHM---->The Fragile were a huge part of my life. WT & Y0 are also excellent.

I want that Fragile shirt. What'd you think of Hesitation Marks?? NIN is a band I have no vinyl from and I really should although I am not sure what pressings sound great.

I went out with a buddy for tacos and beer and I still feel haunted by the beer I bought. It was an American wild ale brewed by The rare barrel. I believe they are located down in Berkeley, CA. Anyway, this beer had such a rad name that I decided to go for it, "shadows of their eyes". I quickly found out that this was one of the worst craft beers I've ever had. It was almost like a thick red wine! Super sour and tasted like dark fruits. Never again.

I feel your pain. I can't drink IPA's or Oatmeal based beer. Mad Hatter and The Poet have amazing names/bottle art and inspirations but taste so bad.

Presale was at noon yesterday. I picked up 2 (one for me; one for wife). Regular on sale is today at noon EST. Bring yo ass dawg! We can chill get schwasted and be all emo-y. :D

Plus fellow VC'ers: Jewfro and Buffbloom already have tix too.

I have two tix now! Not sure if I'll be able to go, but my wife and her brother will definitely be there!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic