I like it. ive heard almost half of those bands. but its like "oh that's a cool band name, and I don't give them a proper listen but give up on them anways". Old Ryan, I would do it proper, but being an adult with kids, I have no time for it. but personally I like slow, sludgy, fuzzed out, heavy, trippy jams.

You don't need a preamp with that model. Any amp with phono means it has a preamp built in. 

Are you really looking to spend $500 on an amp? Also, make sure you get properly paired speakers that match the amp (power wise). Don't want to overpower and blow, or under power and be wasting. 

As we're talking about amps... does it make sense to buy an amp especially for headphones or will a normal amp be on par regarding quality? Any opinions?

After listening to Elder's Lore, I realized I am a huge fan of this sound and want more, but I am too scared to tackle the beast that is the stoner/doom metal thread.

This is how I felt when I first heard Electric Wizard but I didn't really find anything else that really hit me the same way. Everyone is real cool in that thread though !

As we're talking about amps... does it make sense to buy an amp especially for headphones or will a normal amp be on par regarding quality? Any opinions?

It depends on the headphones, so need better drivers that the headphones amp use.

Really depends on what your listening set up / preferences are.

Which do you like more? Speakers or headphones?

If you like speakers more, than your headphones plugged into your amp is fine, as long as you have adequate cans.

If you like headphones more, than definitely get a headphone amp.

For me, I use headphones for digital, and use speakers for records. It's all about preference. 

But if you're using headphones the majority of the time, definitely invest in a separate headphone amp. 

been thinking about getting an acrylic platter, but I take it with them you do not need a slipmat, and I like slipmats. is the sound that much better with an acrylic platter?

It's not a HUGE difference by any means, but it helps. 

It makes a little warmer, helps soak up vibs, gives your table a little more weight, and looks badass. 

And no, you do not need a slip with an acrylic. 

It's not a HUGE difference by any means, but it helps.

It makes a little warmer, helps soak up vibs, gives your table a little more weight, and looks badass.

And no, you do not need a slip with an acrylic.

I mainly wanted one because I kept getting popped everytime I flipped the record BUT I bought a decent slipmat and that kind of fixed my problem.

But you're right, it does look pretty badass B)

I mainly wanted one because I kept getting popped everytime I flipped the record BUT I bought a decent slipmat and that kind of fixed my problem.

But you're right, it does look pretty badass B)

The felt ones create a lot of static causing that. Rubber or cork are better, and acrylic and glass are much better still.

I don't know much about the leather (seems like it'd scratch records) or wool ones.

Really depends on what your listening set up / preferences are.

Which do you like more? Speakers or headphones?

If you like speakers more, than your headphones plugged into your amp is fine, as long as you have adequate cans.

If you like headphones more, than definitely get a headphone amp.

For me, I use headphones for digital, and use speakers for records. It's all about preference. 

But if you're using headphones the majority of the time, definitely invest in a separate headphone amp. 

I'm planning on building up a whole new setup. I surely would love to have a good pair of speakers, but the ones I'd like to have are just too expensive right now. So I'd rather invest in a good heaphones setup.

I wasn't entirely sure if it was a good idea, but now I will look deeper into it. Thanks!

You don't need a preamp with that model. Any amp with phono means it has a preamp built in.

Are you really looking to spend $500 on an amp? Also, make sure you get properly paired speakers that match the amp (power wise). Don't want to overpower and blow, or under power and be wasting.

Yeah, I was more so just using it as an example. What would be a fair price for that model you sent me on eBay? Maybe I'll bid on it.

I'm planning on building up a whole new setup. I surely would love to have a good pair of speakers, but the ones I'd like to have are just too expensive right now. So I'd rather invest in a good heaphones setup.

I wasn't entirely sure if it was a good idea, but now I will look deeper into it. Thanks!

Well, let me know your range and listening style. I'll help you find a nice pair of headphones and a corresponding amp. 

The felt ones create a lot of static causing that. Rubber or cork are better, and acrylic and glass are much better still.

I don't know much about the leather (seems like it'd scratch records) or wool ones.

I was using the crappy thin felt one that came with it. I now have a thicker felt one with a bear on it and the bear is all that's matters now (jk, I'm just glad I'm not getting popped anymore)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic