brats. straight from the German party i was at.

i told alix this directly: do NOT put ketchup on it, i and they will kill you. KILL YOU.

she doesnt like mustard and put ketchup on it at the party. they all laughed and said something in the native tongue.

i laughed in english.

So I tried to bring up all the problems going on here at work with my supervisor, and all she did was turn it pretty much tell me to mind my own business. It's sorta hard to do when people not working becomes your business.

Picking up a debut carbon with an acrylic platter tonight. Wooooo!!!!!! Going to be so much better than my LP60 hahaha. Except now I need a preamp and better speakers...

Welcome to the hobby. Upgrade one piece, you upgrade it all. Muahahahah! Your set up is going to sound so warm now though. 

Picking up a debut carbon with an acrylic platter tonight. Wooooo!!!!!! Going to be so much better than my LP60 hahaha. Except now I need a preamp and better speakers...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-Audio-540P-MM-Phono-Pre-amplifier-Stereo-Records-Audiophile-/291537152315?hash=item43e0f7e93b

After listening to Elder's Lore, I realized I am a huge fan of this sound and want more, but I am too scared to tackle the beast that is the stoner/doom metal thread. 

Haha, I can help you out. I can make you a playlist to get your feet wet, and slow make it heavier, and heavier until you are hit with a tidal wave of epic. 

Try out this: https://thedevilandthealmightyblues.bandcamp.com/

It's in my top 3 of the year. Sabbath meets stoner rock meets blues meets fucking amazing. 

Mr. Grohl, id take that playlist too if possible. Ive always loved the music, but a lot of the vocals sway me away from it. I would be jamming for 5 mins and then as soon as the singing starts, I would have to turn it off. All Them Witches are my current jam though.

Vocals really are the defining line for a lot of bands for me too. I'll post it when I finish it. Feel free to let me know what you love / hate / like / dislike, and I can cater from there.

Check out Monolord, Goya and Subrosa, they're some of my favorites in the genre right now

$5 says Monolord scares her. Hahahahahahaha. Their new album is so good. It's so sludgey.

I'm suggesting:

Sons of Huns

Witch (Their S/T is one of my favorite stoner albums ever.)

Witchcraft (Legend is fucking amazing.)

Blackout

Kadavar (Their S/T is right up there with Witch.)

Graveyard

Windhand (More Doom.)

The Sword (Texas psych / stoner.)

Valley of The Sun

Spiral Shades

Slow Season (Sabbath-y.)

Akuma

Mantar (Doom.)

Bloodhorse (Doom.)

Monobrow

Summoner

Then I'll slowly slip in more doom here and there until it is a psych / stoner / doom / sludge melting pot of evil. 

If I were to buy something like a Marantz PM5005 that is all I would need for amplification, right? With that, I would still need an amplifier, right? I'm horrible with this shit.

If I were to buy something like a Marantz PM5005 that is all I would need for amplification, right? With that, I would still need an amplifier, right? I'm horrible with this shit.

You don't need a preamp with that model. Any amp with phono means it has a preamp built in. 

Are you really looking to spend $500 on an amp? Also, make sure you get properly paired speakers that match the amp (power wise). Don't want to overpower and blow, or under power and be wasting. 

Yeah, that Marantz has a phono input so you would not need a seperate preamp. If you just buy a preamp, you'll still need an amp.

Edit: Matt beat me to it

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic