I ordered the new Foxing, and once I get paid after midnight tonight, am going to grab a RCM and some new innersleeves. The rest of my check, after the $120 in bills is for my trip next week. Hopefully I don't spend too much, so I can buy some more records/save for my upgrades.

Edit: If this job does not come through, it's back to searching in Portland. My student loans should be paid off in 2 more months!

Brew Day Saturday!!

I'm making a Galaxy IPA with Citra. If all goes according to plan: 7% ABV and 102 IBU's.

It will also be the first beer that I keg in the kegerator I built from a $35 Craigslist mini fridge.

Nice! That sounds awesome. Post some pics of that kegerator, I love seeing diy builds for stuff like that.

That sounds so goood

I'm hoping. I'm pretty happy with the grain bill I've developed over the last few IPA's, and aside from Magnum for bittering and the 2ish ounces of Citra I have leftover, all those IBU's are coming from the Galaxy hops. I'm using 3 oz to dry hop with so the fruitiness should be in your face.

BIG BRUISE GOT ATTACKED BY BEES. He called me and I asked what he was doing, he said he got stung over 20 times and was going back out to kill some bees. Bees don't fuck wit bigbruise

Gotta love when the $30 oil change turns into $200+ worth of problems.  Fuck me.  Time to unload more records  :(

That sucks, what was wrong with the car?

That sucks, what was wrong with the car?

Well I just went to a jiffy lube for a standard oil change. They always also show you every other fucking thing wrong. Wound up paying $60 today because all of my brake lights are out. God knows how long they have been out. I also need a new cabin air filter. I need to flush out something that costs close to $100. My check engine light is on due to a spark plug. I need a $200 tune up to fix that. When it rains it pours. RSD Deja..it might be your time to shine, babe.

Well I just went to a jiffy lube for a standard oil change. They always also show you every other fucking thing wrong. Wound up paying $60 today because all of my brake lights are out. God knows how long they have been out. I also need a new cabin air filter. I need to flush out something that costs close to $100. My check engine light is on due to a spark plug. I need a $200 tune up to fix that. When it rains it pours. RSD Deja..it might be your time to shine, babe.

Dude, fuck Jiffy Lube.

Always. That is shitty. You can replace the cabin air filters yourself for cheap, like $12 from autozone. They just go in behind the glove box. I'd shop around for the flush, is it transmittion or radiator, if so you can probably get it done a lot cheaper somewhere other than a chain like jiffylube. Spark plugs you can replace yourself usually, but they might be a pain if they are old and worn or under your intake manifold.

Always. That is shitty. You can replace the cabin air filters yourself for cheap, like $12 from autozone. They just go in behind the glove box. I'd shop around for the flush, is it transmittion or radiator, if so you can probably get it done a lot cheaper somewhere other than a chain like jiffylube. Spark plugs you can replace yourself usually, but they might be a pain if they are old and worn or under your intake manifold.

Yeah, I think I want to do the cabin air filter myself.  I just seriously know nothing about fixing anything on a vehicle.  It sucks.  Ill blame that one on my dead beat dad hahaha.

Yeah, I think I want to do the cabin air filter myself.  I just seriously know nothing about fixing anything on a vehicle.  It sucks.  Ill blame that one on my dead beat dad hahaha.

My dad doesn't know shit about repairs, I've picked up some stuff myself and working with towing companies for years helped too. I still get most stuff done professionally, due to liability and laziness, but I always shop around and find good prices.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic