Nice! That sounds awesome. Post some pics of that kegerator, I love seeing diy builds for stuff like that.

Here you go:

2ecd3261-3528-4cf0-a662-d7e3185fc73d_zps

I had to pry the top off the fridge and carefully cut through 3 inches of foam so I could find the coolant lines so I wouldn't damage them and essentially brick the fridge when I drilled through it. My garage floor was covered in tiny pieces of that foam, all of which sticks to everything.

444398e1-b17a-46e7-90c8-4f96d10ad91b_zps

Then I drilled holes through and added copper pipes for the beer lines so they would transfer the cold air from the inside to keep the beer in the lines cold and foam free. Added some plywood and mounted the tower an the taps.

5016eff1-8a06-459e-933e-a9ade180179c_zps

Assembled the whole thing and added drawer pulls from Ikea to make the rails on the top.

8b77669c-e638-4086-91de-a8e379eb42c7_zps

I then tore out the factory controller/light unit and rewired the fridge so I could control it with a homemade temperature controller that reads the chamber temperature and enables the compressor whenever the fridge gets 1 deg F above the setpoint. That's the box on the left that has the digital temperature readout. This is the type of shit I do at my job, so it was a given that I was adding one. I have a dual stage controller I built for my fermentation chamber in the basement.

I don't have any shots of the inside, but it barely holds two 5 gallon corney kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank.

I think my favorite part is that the fridge has a lock built in so I can keep the boys from opening the door and letting all the cold out.

I still need a drip tray. And a beer that's ready to keg. Soon...

Here you go:

I had to pry the top off the fridge and carefully cut through 3 inches of foam so I could find the coolant lines so I wouldn't damage them and essentially brick the fridge when I drilled through it. My garage floor was covered in tiny pieces of that foam, all of which sticks to everything.

Then I drilled holes through and added copper pipes for the beer lines so they would transfer the cold air from the inside to keep the beer in the lines cold and foam free. Added some plywood and mounted the tower an the taps.

Assembled the whole thing and added drawer pulls from Ikea to make the rails on the top.

I then tore out the factory controller/light unit and rewired the fridge so I could control it with a homemade temperature controller that reads the chamber temperature and enables the compressor whenever the fridge gets 1 deg F above the setpoint. That's the box on the left that has the digital temperature readout. This is the type of shit I do at my job, so it was a given that I was adding one. I have a dual stage controller I built for my fermentation chamber in the basement.

I don't have any shots of the inside, but it barely holds two 5 gallon corney kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank.

I think my favorite part is that the fridge has a lock built in so I can keep the boys from opening the door and letting all the cold out.

:o  :D  :wub:

Here you go:

That's awesome man!

Nice, looks good. I imagine it was cheaper than buying one too.

Definitely. The best part was that I could upgrade the tower and the faucets with the money I saved doing it myself.

:o  :D  :wub:

That's awesome man!

Thanks, guys!

Half of this hobby is getting to build my own equipment, which satisfies my need to build things. The other half is the drinking part, which satisfies my need to drink.

Half of this hobby is getting to build my own equipment, which satisfies my need to build things. The other half is the drinking part, which satisfies my need to drink.

Two great parts of life for sure.

yeah. that thing is pretty badass.

Thanks. It was actually my bride's idea for me to build it. She said she was tired of waiting three weeks after I bottled my beer for it to bottle condition before she got to try it. She is seriously the most supportive person I know when it comes to this shit. I'll see if I can find a picture of my basement "brewery."

Thanks. It was actually my bride's idea for me to build it. She said she was tired of waiting three weeks after I bottled my beer for it to bottle condition before she got to try it. She is seriously the most supportive person I know when it comes to this shit. I'll see if I can find a picture of my basement "brewery."

Here's what she let me do to our quarter basement. It's so small down there that I couldn't even get a shot of everything:

20150806_085140_zpsio8ztsgi.jpg

My old turntable is in the upper right.

Definitely. The best part was that I could upgrade the tower and the faucets with the money I saved doing it myself.

Thanks, guys!

very cool! and i'm excited to hear about this new beer. i've been loving the citra stuff that's been out this year.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic