My roommate and I make $9/hr and we can both make ends meet, but that's mainly because our parents help with some of our other stuff (car insurance for me, car insurance and cellphone bill for her). We were lucky to find a studio apartment for <$600/mo, water included. We probably work a combined slightly more than 40 hrs a week, and it's rough. We're very lucky to have parents who can help us out; we'd probably be losing money if we had to pay our car insurance.

Alright, as much fun as the rape and pillage approach would be, I'd much rather get some practical ideas and opinions. Love you, but this is kinda extreme.

It's extreme and I'm no fascist but a couple billionaires get their brains splattered on national TV and maybe the rest of them will be a little more understanding of the common man.

Alright, here's my thing on that. The top tax bracket is already at 50something%. How much more can we raise it? If the top tax bracket can't live like they do, they'll have no reason to put in the kind of work they do to get there. That, or they'll fuck off to another country like what happened when England kept raising taxes.

Did people stop trying to get rich from the 40s to the 80s?

From what I've seen they've been removing tax breaks. And to be fair, 5% of many many millions is still a metric fuckton

If the rich actually paid taxes, the US would be in a much better place.

You sound like they do. Sure 5% of $40 million is $2 million, but if 10 people made that and paid the 50% that tax code indicates, the US would collect $200 million instead of $20 million.

If the rich actually paid taxes, the US would be in a much better place.

You sound like they do. Sure 5% of $40 million is $2 million, but if 10 people made that and paid the 50% that tax code indicates, the US would collect $200 million instead of $20 million.

If I had that large of a jump in taxes and was making that much I'd move, then it'd be 50% of 0. They're smart people, I'd bet they would do the same.

It's a savings! Last year they were $1,800. After our daughter was born I dropped from Gold to Platinum.

my last tiny agency i was paying a $1400 premium for just me and the wife.

this year is the first time ive ever been a part of a health insurance/job that has a pay scale deduction percentage.

i.e. people making 0-49,999 have 8.5% taken out of their check. 50-99,999 have 20% taken out.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic