Woke up in a really good mood today considering I'm headed to work. Kind of freaking me out

This feeling becomes normal once you have kids... work becomes Club Med lol

My family and I are on the side of the road because something went wrong with our car and we're just trying to get home...some end to a vacation.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Positive vibes to you all and hopes you get back safely & soon

Sorry brother, same here as well. Wife and I had the night alone last night which turned into a long hard talk/fight, me leaving to take a walk, her crying and going to get cigarettes, and me sitting here this morning in a rarely empty house all by myself trying to decide if I should call a ride, gather my small things, and be gone before anyone comes home... I hope you get some sleep soon man, to help get your head together..

Sorry dude. If you need to talk about it let me know. Positive vibes coming your way

Sorry dude. If you need to talk about it let me know. Positive vibes coming your way

Thanks dude. Much appreciated and the energy is well received

It helps that they know me and I tip well. Those places typically make pretty weak drinks. I get the good shit.

Indeed they do, luckily since they knew I was a Mall employee and tipped well also (too many years slinging pizzas to not tip heavy always unless you really fuck up!), they hooked me up drink and food side as well. Always loved getting one extra "Ruby Mini Cheeseburger" ;)

Sorry brother, same here as well. Wife and I had the night alone last night which turned into a long hard talk/fight, me leaving to take a walk, her crying and going to get cigarettes, and me sitting here this morning in a rarely empty house all by myself trying to decide if I should call a ride, gather my small things, and be gone before anyone comes home... I hope you get some sleep soon man, to help get your head together..

Also sending you positive vibe Jason.

My family and I are on the side of the road because something went wrong with our car and we're just trying to get home...some end to a vacation.

Too bad I don't work at AAA anymore, or I could hook you guys up.

I just ate the nastiest sandwich ever from Wendys. The chicken must not have been fully cooked, despite being hot and looking cooked. There was a weird texture when I bit into it. I'm done with fastfood for a long time now. Anytime something like that happens, I can't eat anything close to it for a long time. Now I'll probably get food poisoning from the 2-3 bites I ate.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Positive vibes to you all and hopes you get back safely & soon

Too bad I don't work at AAA anymore, or I could hook you guys up.

Sentiments appreciated and accepted <3

Good vibes to everyone on Small Talk, cuz it seems everyone has a different problem this holiday weekend. 

I may be a bit behind the times, but that's because my old ass falls asleep to early now, but I just discovered the majesty of Black Jesus on Adult Swim and have seen the light...

I find it funny about half the time.  I haven't started the second season yet, maybe that'll grab me more.  I liked Boondocks and love Trailer Park Boys, it just doesn't seem like their respective creator's sensibilities mesh well for this.

Our daughter was at my dad's last night and we're picking her up later today. Man it's so weird just being alone. Yesterday was our first anniversary. Saw the Hunger Games and went to an excellent steakhouse my dad had given us a gift card for. Going to the Clippers game today. This is pretty cool, but I already kinda miss that little person climbing on me and running all over.

I find it funny about half the time.  I haven't started the second season yet, maybe that'll grab me more.  I liked Boondocks and love Trailer Park Boys, it just doesn't seem like their respective creator's sensibilities mesh well for this.

I caught a Holiday Special the other night and I knew from the start it had to be Aaron McGruder based on the dialog and character actors vs. the roster on Boondocks. The 30 minutes I did watch made me download the first season, so I will be making my way through that in the next few days. I had no idea however, that the folks from TPB were involved

Morning. I'm 30 years old and I have finally made a legit omelette.

Be proud. I'm, pushing 40 and still cannot make French Toast to save a drowning man... my wife isn't happy I lack that skill being that is her favorite breakfast item..

Update: Drive train is broken or something like that. We got a hotel and we're trying to figure out the best option for getting home. Looks like they're gonna just get a new car instead of fixing this one.

Drive train means the transmission at the very least, not including the drive shaft, but essentially is the motor and trans together. Depending on the age of the vehicle, it is most times better to move on when that kind of problem pops up in an older or higher mileage vehicle for sure. Ex boss of mine had one of those Toyota FJ's and his trans went and it ended up costing him nearly $4k to get it fixed because they had to ship him a trans from across the country... Hope you guys make it back soon! 

Drive train means the transmission at the very least, not including the drive shaft, but essentially is the motor and trans together. Depending on the age of the vehicle, it is most times better to move on when that kind of problem pops up in an older or higher mileage vehicle for sure. Ex boss of mine had one of those Toyota FJ's and his trans went and it ended up costing him nearly $4k to get it fixed because they had to ship him a trans from across the country... Hope you guys make it back soon! 

Car is 9 years old, so we'll probably just move on. The only problems are whether or not a new car is affordable and how this will complicate the in-progress divorce.

Thanks for the good vibes, though. I'm much more concerned for my parents than I am for me.

Car is 9 years old, so we'll probably just move on. The only problems are whether or not a new car is affordable and how this will complicate the in-progress divorce.

Thanks for the good vibes, though. I'm much more concerned for my parents than I am for me.

Yowsa, sorry buddy, We all seem to be fighting small but important battles right now, so many positive vibes to you and to them. Stay safe and keep us all updated ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic