I guess Rollins comes last to me since he was the last guy in. He can always sing the songs the other guys did, but no one can take away the ones that are great because of him. I guess the songs I put at the top of my Black Flag playlist are mostly early songs and I prefer the older singers opposed to hearing him sing them on say a live release. Vallely was and will always be a skater in my old mind lol

Top Rollins BF songs:

1- Black Coffee

2- Forever Time

3- Room 13

Have you read 'Get In The Van'? It's really good. Damaged is my favorite Blacj Flag release by far. But all the early days material is so damn good. So when people prefer one vocalist over the other I don't even care, cause they are all damn good. Rollins, Morris, Dez, Reyes, they all kill it. Vallely is an exception for me. I don't count him as a real vocalist per say, but more as a tribute vocalist. I know his love and passion for IIII, and dig his music, so he is cool with me.

I don't know if I could order my favorite Rollins BF songs. That's a tough one.

ROLLINS

1 - Rise Above

2 - Six Pack

3 - Black Coffee

4 - My War

5 - Room 13

(I think Rollins got a lot better with age, and actually prefer Rollins in Rollins Band more. He just goes off. Fuck, it's all good.)

Check this out:

I have the 7" and it's awesome as fuck. I posted it and Mike V. commented on it thanking me. It was pretty badass.

Wow. Rollins last? What the fuck. Haha. Rollins over Reyes? I don't see that at all. But preferences are preferences. Rollis is a god to me. And you gotta see Vallely live. It'll change your mind (not the order, but respect). And of course Morris does better Flag revival shows. It's fucking Keith Morris. Vallely even knows that, and respects that.

Rollins in #3 on my list.  Keith will always be the best singer of Black Flag in my heart <3

Check this out:

I have the 7" and it's awesome as fuck. I posted it and Mike V. commented on it thanking me. It was pretty badass.

Get In The Van is one of the best reads I have ever picked up. I remember getting it when it hit the shelves and reading in two days lol. This band is pretty good, I could take him with more of this, but not as a part of BF's history. It's the same to me as a Dead Kennedys with no Jello

Rollins in #3 on my list.  Keith will always be the best singer of Black Flag in my heart <3

Can't even argue that. Black Flag is so good I can't even argue with order of vocalists cause they're all good. I can't think of any other band where you could argue vocalists and me be like "you're right" no matter the order. Cause damn I just love me some Black Flag.

Get In The Van is one of the best reads I have ever picked up. I remember getting it when it hit the shelves and reading in two days lol. This band is pretty good, I could take him with more of this, but not as a part of BF's history. It's the same to me as a Dead Kennedys with no Jello

Get in the Van is a good read.  I could only do a few months worth of entries at a time due to the nature of it.  I'd highly recommend Our Band Could Be Your Life as well.  It covers Black Flag, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Minutement and a bunch of other bands.

Can't even argue that. Black Flag is so good I can't even argue with order of vocalists cause they're all good. I can't think of any other band where you could argue vocalists and me be like "you're right" no matter the order. Cause damn I just love me some Black Flag.

It's definitely a case of I prefer this one, as opposed to Black Flag sucks without  "singer #3".

Get in the Van is a good read. I could only do a few months worth of entries at a time due to the nature of it. I'd highly recommend Our Band Could Be Your Life as well. It covers Black Flag, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Minutement and a bunch of other bands.

It's definitely a case of I prefer this one, as opposed to Black Flag sucks without "singer #3".

I agree, that book is fantastic.

And I agree again.

2 more hours of work. Been a long, slow day. There is normally only 2 people on Saturdays, but today there is 3 for some reason, so a ton less calls. I regret forgetting my headphones. So bored.

In other news, I just found this on Reddit.  Ringo Starr's UK 1st Mono Press (No. 0000001) of the White Album just sold at auction.

$790,000

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/163/lot/71120/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F163%2F%3Fpage%3D41

Reddit.

I read elsewhere that Jim Irsay, the owner of the Indy Colts, just bought one of Ringo's drum kits for just under 2 mil (I think).  I wouldn't be surprised if he nabbed this.  

Wozniak?  J. White?  Scorcese?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic