Ugh I should probably trim down a little too, I don't feel like anyone wants most of what I'd part with though

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised. I was taking offers on my collection because I really needed cash and hardly got any interest and I figured I'd get a ton because it's a lot of shit VC loves and some metal

Am I the only one having a very difficult time getting into the holiday spirit? With all the twists and turns that life has thrown at me as of the past 4-5 years, mostly with family issues (medical, drugs, hypocrisy, etc.), I can't even muster up the internal strength to at least pretend to joyful and paint a smile on my face even for others.

It honestly breaks my heart and pains me to no end that I can't feel a semblance of joy during the holidays when it's even more important to be thankful and with family and friends.

:(

Am I the only one having a very difficult time getting into the holiday spirit? With all the twists and turns that life has thrown at me as of the past 4-5 years, mostly with family issues (medical, drugs, hypocrisy, etc.), I can't even muster up the internal strength to at least pretend to joyful and paint a smile on my face even for others.

It honestly breaks my heart and pains me to no end that I can't feel a semblance of joy during the holidays when it's even more important to be thankful and with family and friends.

I don't have many really close friends anymore and the only family member I really want anything to do with is my mom. I'm not going to be fake happy regardless of the time of year. I won't be outwardly hostile if not provoked, but if anyone wants to go sing Christmas music they can expect a swift punch in the throat. I dunno, I'm just feeling kinda negative as of late so just ignore me.

I'll be here for both of y'all. The holidays have been weird, but I try to keep a somewhat optimistic attitude, so I've got some 'holiday cheer' in me. 

Based on everything in this thread, everyone has been having problems lately, all differing in nature. Keep your heads up, but don't fake it. Maybe it's healthy to release your emotions for one Christmas out of who-knows-how-many.

I'll be here for both of y'all. The holidays have been weird, but I try to keep a somewhat optimistic attitude, so I've got some 'holiday cheer' in me. 

Based on everything in this thread, everyone has been having problems lately, all differing in nature. Keep your heads up, but don't fake it. Maybe it's healthy to release your emotions for one Christmas out of who-knows-how-many.

I dunno, I'm not really buying in to the religious aspect of the holidays any more so now it's just another month. I keep the "fuck everyone" internal and just avoid people otherwise.

Holidays suck this year, everyone in my family except my sister is having a rough time financially. Plus it's just a rough time for me in general without the holiday stress. Welp got some stuff up for sale, would help but obviously no pressure if you are broke or uninterested in what I'm selling

No, but I choose to look past it.  I give my time to any and everyone during the other 363 days of the year.  The two I ask for, to be by myself, are Thanksgiving and Dec. 25th.  I'm not very good with family.  Makes me uneasy.  Most of mine aren't people I would associate with outside of, so I've never attempted, even with age.

I dunno, I'm not really buying in to the religious aspect of the holidays any more so now it's just another month. I keep the "fuck everyone" internal and just avoid people otherwise.

Religion doesn't have anything to do with Christmas spirit, at least for me. It's all about bundling up and taking walks through the winter wonderland in my neighborhood, then coming back in to have hot chocolate (with soy milk b/c allergies) and watch the snow fall. 

Obviously it works differently in Arizona, but you can be creative. Point is, I'm not on my knees worshiping Jesus to get in the spirit.

Religion doesn't have anything to do with Christmas spirit, at least for me. It's all about bundling up and taking walks through the winter wonderland in my neighborhood, then coming back in to have hot chocolate (with soy milk b/c allergies) and watch the snow fall. 

Obviously it works differently in Arizona, but you can be creative. Point is, I'm not on my knees worshiping Jesus to get in the spirit.

Well, here it is still only going as low as maybe 45, and we don't have any snow. Only difference is the weather is less miserably hot. Not much winter-y to do. I dunno, it just is different this year for some reason. I suppose there's no real reason it should be different than the rest of the year.

It's too warm to feel like the Holidays here. I have not really been able to get into them since I was a kid anyway.

Yeah, it just feels different now. Is this growing up? I did all my own shopping this year so I am happy with that though, I was able to scratch some stuff I've been wanting for a long time off my list

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic