Going to USPS media mail all the records, and UPS the rest. Got it consolidated pretty well. Doing all that tomorrow afternoon. Then flying out later that night.

I hope everything works out for the best, and that sometime you get to move back out this way if it's in the cards!

I'd be so scared to ship my whole collection USPS. I hope it all works out well and there's no damage.

Yeah. It's my only option so we'll see what happens. I'm just hoping since it is heavy there won't be any throwing around or anything. I have 6 medium sized boxes completely full. They are pretty heavy, but not too much so the box doesn't break or anything. I've done this in Uhauls like 3 times and have never had an issue. Hopefully USPS doesn't either. Haha. I've never gotten a broken record, ever. I don't want to start now.

Yeah. It's my only option so we'll see what happens. I'm just hoping since it is heavy there won't be any throwing around or anything. I have 6 medium sized boxes completely full. They are pretty heavy, but not too much so the box doesn't break or anything. I've done this in Uhauls like 3 times and have never had an issue. Hopefully USPS doesn't either. Haha. I've never gotten a broken record, ever. I don't want to start now.

I've only had two broken records ever. It was when I first started collecting and I bought a couple Talking Heads LPs off ebay. They seller just took two scraps of cardboard and stapled/scotch taped them together with the records inbetween. It showed up folded in half in my mailbox. That one's probably more on the idiot seller though. I've been super lucky with USPS. I've got around 1,100 records in my collection and I've only had two records broken, only one or two that were warped beyond playability, and I've never had a record get lost in the mail. I've got my fair share of corner dings and seam splits, but that just comes with mailorder. All in all, I've been super lucky. I've got an awesome mailman too.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic