I think once Christmas is over and I go through my new rent cycle of cutting my rent in half I'm going to grab an amp next. Now that I have speakers I can run my tv through it till the next month I will grab a TT and a pre amp. I'm so close to having a set up again. And a years worth of records to listen to. I think I'm going to document each listen in a notebook for every record I have. Quality, clarity, sound, any other notes, ect. Give my entire collection a proper listen and write down my thoughts on each record.

I like it, and it sounds like a fun little project to do. Hopefully you can grab a nice table asap. I can't imagine your backlog of records.

I think once Christmas is over and I go through my new rent cycle of cutting my rent in half I'm going to grab an amp next. Now that I have speakers I can run my tv through it till the next month I will grab a TT and a pre amp. I'm so close to having a set up again. And a years worth of records to listen to. I think I'm going to document each listen in a notebook for every record I have. Quality, clarity, sound, any other notes, ect. Give my entire collection a proper listen and write down my thoughts on each record.

You've just been having to sit on those records? :( Glad to hear you'll be getting a solid set-up, though. Your plan sounds stellar.

Moleskin has notebooks geared toward specific passions, and they have one for music that may be good for logging all your thoughts.

http://www.moleskine.com/us/collections/model/product/music-journal

Thumbs up

Edit: did you grab that etid big dirty from Bruce willy?

Fuck yeah I did. Since I have no one to buy Xmas gifts for this year it was my gift to myself haha.

"Will sell my meat for stereo gear"

Will sell my meat for anything.

I like it, and it sounds like a fun little project to do. Hopefully you can grab a nice table asap. I can't imagine your backlog of records.

It's intense. After a few months I stopped keeping them aside from things I already had and just started filing them like I had listened. Therefore, wanting to just go a-z on listening to everything over again.

You've just been having to sit on those records? :( Glad to hear you'll be getting a solid set-up, though. Your plan sounds stellar.

Moleskin has notebooks geared toward specific passions, and they have one for music that may be good for logging all your thoughts.

http://www.moleskine.com/us/collections/model/product/music-journal

Mmhmm. Lost my set up around a year and a half ago. Couldn't stop buying records though obviously. And that moleskin looks awesome! 

It's intense. After a few months I stopped keeping them aside from things I already had and just started filing them like I had listened. Therefore, wanting to just go a-z on listening to everything over again.

At least you got to listen to records sometimes with Matt, so it's not like you never heard the wonderfulness of them. Still sucks though, and I know there is not way I'd be able to buy so many records without being able to spin them. You are a strong man.

I need to go through and clear out a ton of 7" records. I hardly ever listen to them. I'd need to do lots, since most are only worth $2-3/each. I'm keeping some of my favorites for sure, but a lot need to go.

Edit: I hate when places send you tracking, but don't bother to drop the package off for days. I'm looking at your Triple Crown, for my Caspian Waking Season. Why ship it priority, if you won't actually ship it for another week!?

I need to go through and clear out a ton of 7" records. I hardly ever listen to them. I'd need to do lots, since most are only worth $2-3/each. I'm keeping some of my favorites for sure, but a lot need to go.

Edit: I hate when places send you tracking, but don't bother to drop the package off for days. I'm looking at your Triple Crown, for my Caspian Waking Season. Why ship it priority, if you won't actually ship it for another week!?

Weird, I just ordered that forest green Waking Season and few weeks ago w/The Albatross and got it within the same week. Triple Crown always seems to ship super fast to me.

Weird, I just ordered that forest green Waking Season and few weeks ago w/The Albatross and got it within the same week. Triple Crown always seems to ship super fast to me.

They send me tracking the next day, but just sit on the package for a while. Not a huge deal, but don't send me tracking until it's out the door! Still waiting on my Caspian replacement from Mylene as well. Maybe I am having bad luck with Caspian records now, in addition to the warped record issues (has not happened in a while, knock on wood).

They send me tracking the next day, but just sit on the package for a while. Not a huge deal, but don't send me tracking until it's out the door! Still waiting on my Caspian replacement from Mylene as well. Maybe I am having bad luck with Caspian records now, in addition to the warped record issues (has not happened in a while, knock on wood).

I should have my ITTCT poster coming from Mylene today. Kinda wondering where USPS is going to leave it since I won't be home. My last place they would drop it in the office due to it being too big to put in my mailbox area. Maybe they will leave it by my front door. I wouldn't mind that. My apt is kinda secluded on the 2nd floor so no one would see it sitting by my door. That forest green WS is hella pretty too. I still need to pick up a second press from this guy in Portland soon. Then my WS collection will be complete. Still need the 2nd press Tertia. 2nd press YATC and the 2nd press HYMN and my one of every press + tour variants of Caspian will be complete.

I've been having problems with tracking deliveries with USPS - which I suppose isn't too surprising. I have a box set I ordered about 2 weeks ago that still says it is in Dallas, TX at the Origin Facility. It'd be one thing if they didn't offer tracking at all, but not having an update for 5 days now is a bit preposterous.

I've been having problems with tracking deliveries with USPS - which I suppose isn't too surprising. I have a box set I ordered about 2 weeks ago that still says it is in Dallas, TX at the Origin Facility. It'd be one thing if they didn't offer tracking at all, but not having an update for 5 days now is a bit preposterous.

Nothing better than no movement or information at all until it's in your box, then the entire time line it traveled comes up....sigh USPS

I should have my ITTCT poster coming from Mylene today. Kinda wondering where USPS is going to leave it since I won't be home. My last place they would drop it in the office due to it being too big to put in my mailbox area. Maybe they will leave it by my front door. I wouldn't mind that. My apt is kinda secluded on the 2nd floor so no one would see it sitting by my door. That forest green WS is hella pretty too. I still need to pick up a second press from this guy in Portland soon. Then my WS collection will be complete. Still need the 2nd press Tertia. 2nd press YATC and the 2nd press HYMN and my one of every press + tour variants of Caspian will be complete.

I've never lived in an apartment, no clue how they'd handle that. Speaking of ITTCT, with their new album coming out next year (hopefully), they always do an album release show here. If I still live here then, I'll grab you a release show variant that they always do.

Holiday season makes USPS super slow.

I've neveer lived in an apartment, no clue how they'd handle that. Speaking of ITTCT, with their new album coming out next year (hopefully), they always do an album release show here. If I still live here then, I'll grab you a release show variant that they always do.

You are my favorite for a reason, Thomas.

Why does my favorite artist have to have such impossible stuff for me to collect????? Should I just give up on that end of my collecting and move on or continue to make my own head ache....

Well, you did pick an impossible artist to collect. Stick with it, and hope some deals come up. It's usually once you give up, you find what you need for cheap.

Well, you did pick an impossible artist to collect. Stick with it, and hope some deals come up. It's usually once you give up, you find what you need for cheap.

I'm emailing Spain for fuck sake trying to get something there are 280 handmade units of.....I think I sold my soul to the devil when I fell in love with that large foreheaded idiot with his pretty sad songs...ugh

http://ondasdelespacio.tictail.com/product/grupo-de-expertos-solynieve-p%C3%A1jaro-jack-thani-mara-realizan-un-envio-a-mark-kozelek

I'm emailing Spain for fuck sake trying to get something there are 280 handmade units of.....I think I sold my soul to the devil when I fell in love with that large foreheaded idiot with his pretty sad songs...ugh

http://ondasdelespacio.tictail.com/product/grupo-de-expertos-solynieve-p%C3%A1jaro-jack-thani-mara-realizan-un-envio-a-mark-kozelek

That is a little insane. 280 handmade in Spain only? He's just fucking with you collectors :P.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic