By chance any of you have any luck getting overdraft fees waived from Wells Fargo?

Long story short, while in Chicago, my paypal account tied to uber withdrew from the wrong bank account, and now four $5 charges have me owing $140 in overdraft fees. 

Never had one before, and I find it ridiculous that I'd have to pay for this (when I'm almost certain I had selected my other bank account).

Morning all! Happy birthday bluffbloom. James I cannot wait! Seeing it Saturday night, got to avoid them spoilers!

By chance any of you have any luck getting overdraft fees waived from Wells Fargo?

Long story short, while in Chicago, my paypal account tied to uber withdrew from the wrong bank account, and now four $5 charges have me owing $140 in overdraft fees. 

Never had one before, and I find it ridiculous that I'd have to pay for this (when I'm almost certain I had selected my other bank account).

Yes. I may or may not work for WF but i refund fees a lot.

my boyfriend has called them and reversed overdraft fees a handful of times for similar reasons. he's always transferring between his bank accounts and has picked the wrong account to pay for things.

Haha. I cannot neither confirm or deny this but I'm an understanding manager :)

Edit: but it's seriously super easy no maintain a free checking account there

my boyfriend has called them and reversed overdraft fees a handful of times for similar reasons. he's always transferring between his bank accounts and has picked the wrong account to pay for things.

Thanks for the info! I've had an account there for years, and never had a problem until today. Just felt super salty seeing that large of charges for something I thought I had been careful about. Will attempt to contact them on break!

Haha. I cannot neither confirm or deny this but I'm an understanding manager :)

Edit: but it's seriously super easy no maintain a free checking account there

i actually tried to switch to WF recently and couldnt find anything for free checking on the website? i'm looking for something similar to pnc's virtual wallet which is what i have now.

Thanks for the info! I've had an account there for years, and never had a problem until today. Just felt super salty seeing that large of charges for something I thought I had been careful about. Will attempt to contact them on break!

I'd like to know the outcome out of curiosity if you don't mind. Go into a branch not the 1 800 number

i actually tried to switch to WF recently and couldnt find anything for free checking on the website? i'm looking for something similar to pnc's virtual wallet which is what i have now.

Hmm. Not sure what that is at pnc but if you want a basic checking look at the "everyday" acct. Free debit card and online banking and all you have to do to keep it free is swipe a debit card 10 times a month (no certain amount) or have a direct deposit setup. Easy.

$35 an overdraft charge is cray cray :P After you get it sorted out have him A) Link his savings B ) open up a LoC to avoid future hoopla. Never overdraft personally but worked for a bank when I was in college.

After 9 years of working at a bank, I can confirm this is sound advice

I've overdrafted once, and 5th 3rd hit me with like $50 in fees (all got waved). Earlier this year I got a $15 check from a lawsuit filed against the bank for their overdraft fees.

Morning all...

stripper boobs smell like glitter

And vanilla....

Yeah, but I always hear you guys meeting for drinks, we'd party at Chili's or something

It's always a party at Chili's with those never ending chips and salsa...

Acronyms. Stop using them.

Words or GTFO!!!

Not with WF, but recently with my local bank I racked up 3 overdraft fees due to playing around on my banking app while high as a kite in the hospital after being given morphine... They were understanding and refunded me my fees. I think two of them were made by $1 band camp donations lol

Early congrats, man.  What's your degree?  I actually really do kinda miss school  I plan on going back as soon as the lady is done with law school. 

Thanks! Elementary Education and a Liberal Arts/ Interdisciplinary Studies. So, two bachelors- One's a B.A. and one's total B.S.

I'm a little behind the curve age wise, but it had to be done. I highly recommend it if you don't like money, but who am I kidding? You collect records. You hate money.

and good morning all

I also stopped using WF, mostly due to how bad I got hit with overdraft fees, it was my own damn fault for not watching my money. But I overdrafted like $20, but it was a bunch of small charges and instead of getting hit with one, they decided to take the big charge and charge me 5 or 6 overdraft fees for all the little ones, even though the big one was pending last. The manager wouldn't overturn it, so I never banked with them again since.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic