Mr. Ghost, a little bit of an early Xmas present for you to chuckle at. Keep in mind, social media was something I had never taken part in until I went to work at Hot Topic... Enjoy the intensity of my MySpace face....and my ETID shirt for the Taco King

10_zps71rt3vo3.jpg

Bought this shirt at my first hardcore show. ETID/Zao/Misery Signals/The Promise/With Honor back in 04

I'm debating getting lunch, since I had a bagel and 2 donuts earlier, but i know if I don't I'll be starving later if I don't. I wish I'd have brought a sandwich like normal, but didn't feel like making one this morning.

I had a dude send me a record in a bubble mailer from fucking France one time. I ended up getting it for free. It was an Oak record, which is an awesome post rock French band. The record was fine but the housing has a huge fucking bend on it. Looks gross but I can't complain since I got it for tee I guess.

I had a dude send me a record in a bubble mailer from fucking France one time. I ended up getting it for free. It was an Oak record, which is an awesome post rock French band. The record was fine but the housing has a huge fucking bend on it. Looks gross but I can't complain since I got it for tee I guess.

Well, if you had intended on buying it and it came that way, may be allowed a little complaining.

How'd your Star Wars date turn out?

it really boggles my mind that people thing that will be okay. i've had stuff shipped questionably but somehow arrive okay and then other things arrive in not so great shape. a few years back, i got into a bit of a war with an ebay seller who shipped me a pretty rare copy of goddammit in a bubble mailer and it got totally destroyed and then he tried to play it off like it wasn't his fault at all and the way he shipped it was totally secure. ugh. sad photos and whole story is here :(

People are fucking stupid.

it really boggles my mind that people thing that will be okay. i've had stuff shipped questionably but somehow arrive okay and then other things arrive in not so great shape. a few years back, i got into a bit of a war with an ebay seller who shipped me a pretty rare copy of goddammit in a bubble mailer and it got totally destroyed and then he tried to play it off like it wasn't his fault at all and the way he shipped it was totally secure. ugh. sad photos and whole story is here  :(

It's weird how sometimes shows up in really questionable mailers and is fine, but stuff in a proper mailer with cardboard inserts gets damaged.

Edit: The worst is when an actual label ships you something in a crappy mailer.

it really boggles my mind that people thing that will be okay. i've had stuff shipped questionably but somehow arrive okay and then other things arrive in not so great shape. a few years back, i got into a bit of a war with an ebay seller who shipped me a pretty rare copy of goddammit in a bubble mailer and it got totally destroyed and then he tried to play it off like it wasn't his fault at all and the way he shipped it was totally secure. ugh. sad photos and whole story is here  :(

Please tell me you found a copy after that? :(

People are fucking stupid.

It's weird how sometimes shows up in really questionable mailers and is fine, but stuff in a proper mailer with cardboard inserts gets damaged.

Edit: The worst is when an actual label ships you something in a crappy mailer.

yep! topshelf is the worst with their packing. 9/10 packages i've gotten from them show up beat to shit. they don't use inserts and will shove 6 gatefold records in a standard mailer. but yet, they take the time to separate the records from the jackets. it's insane.

Please tell me you found a copy after that? :(

took like 3-4 years before i even saw another copy of that variant. but finally was able to get it. and paid less than half of what i paid that asshole who shipped it to me in the bubble mailer.

best part is, i had an ebay alert set for years trying to get another one and one day, a listing popped up and turned out it was actually that same dude trying to sell the destroyed copy i bought. the listing said it was "perfect for framing/art project purposes!"lol

people actually bid on it too :(

took like 3-4 years before i even saw another copy of that variant. but finally was able to get it. and paid less than half of what i paid that asshole who shipped it to me in the bubble mailer.

best part is, i had an ebay alert set for years trying to get another one and one day, a listing popped up and turned out it was actually that same dude trying to sell the destroyed copy i bought. the listing said it was "perfect for framing/art project purposes!"lol

people actually bid on it too :(

Holy shit. What a scum bag! It astounds me that people like that even make the effort to buy records, let alone "sell" them. If you don't respect the art, what's the point?

yep! topshelf is the worst with their packing. 9/10 packages i've gotten from them show up beat to shit. they don't use inserts and will shove 6 gatefold records in a standard mailer. but yet, they take the time to separate the records from the jackets. it's insane.

I have gotten a few damaged orders from them and RFC. Both are annoying to try to fix, since both asked for pictures and video of the damage. It was crazy. Mylene Sheath sent me a Caspian record, and it was packaged beautifully, but someone at USPS stepped on it and it caused a huge bend in the record. Still waiting on a replacement from them, been over a month, but they responded to my email right away and said they'd send one out. I know they are busy, since it's just two of them.

2F7C462800000578-3352666-image-a-3_14504

believe it or not, that sketch led to his arrest. true story.

2F7C462C00000578-3352666-image-a-4_14504

Haha, that is awesome.

Edit: I hate removing holiday pay from people's timecards who don't qualify for it. It makes me feel like an asshole. I don't understand why HR just adds it to everyones, and why IT has to fix it and not them.

Only real problem record I ever received was from CYLS. There were a couple spots where the vinyl bubbled up a little creating hard little bumps. Took awhile because E!E! were touring (and I didn't want to be impatient) but as soon as Keith responded I had a new copy in hand a couple days later.

Only real problem record I ever received was from CYLS. There were a couple spots where the vinyl bubbled up a little creating hard little bumps. Took awhile because E!E! were touring (and I didn't want to be impatient) but as soon as Keith responded I had a new copy in hand a couple days later.

CYLS sends me wrong variants or shitty jackets and never responds to emails. I kind of hate ordering through them

I hate being impatient when labels are awesome, so I'm going to give MS until after the New Years before emailing them again about the replacement.

yessss! cookies for breakfast are the way to go. i'll be sad when the free cookie supply goes away after the holidays. but my pants won't be haha

ooooh cleaning party sounds great. i need to do that myself. maybe this weekend if i have time/can force myself to stop working on christmas projects for a few hours lol...

Will clean for tacos?? :D

I have done zero cleaning so far. Changing that....... now!

Will clean for tacos?? :D

I have done zero cleaning so far. Changing that....... now!

I got some laundry folded, some other laundry moved into the dryer, and managed to get the house vacuumed! Catch up slacker lol!! 

Edit: My adorable adult thought process and priorities "Everyone is out of the house? Time to smoke a bowl & clean this bitch!"

Apparently my buddy, who I have only seen once or twice since his wedding 3 years ago, is coming over tomorrow. I guess I really do need to clean, since there is boxes all over my floor. Gotta love people that disappear from your life and ignore when you try to communicate, but expect you to communicate back at the drop of the hate. I've known the kid my entire life, so I can kinda let it go, but it's still annoying.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic