Nah, man, you're right. They're weird.  I got propositioned last time I went to one and I was like...uh...no, thank you?

Yea, I don't ever go, but when I do I try to keep the strippers at my table as long as possible making them think that I want a dance.  Figured a tease is worth a tease in return.

So, I just found out I'll more than likely be losing my job.

With my boss's divorce, she just can't afford to keep open.

Good thing I just put a $200 plane ticket on my credit card. Right???

Are there any "clean" divorces that don't cost exorbitant amounts of money? I always hear how expensive they are and it sucks.

This is the first job I've had where I didn't call the shots on leaving. If I can just make it to August and land interviews while I'm in Florida, that would rule. But then I have the issue "what if I can't afford being there" do I cut my loses, cancel my plane ticket and deal with the $75 cancellation fee?

I'll catch up with this NYC talk in a minute but HELLOOOOOO VERY ATTRACTIVE MEN AT MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT.

I always run away when there are attractive men at my place of employment. But if I'm forced to talk to them, then I'm a complete dick. I don't want them thinking I am into them even though I totally am. I have backwards thinking but it's probably that I'm so self conscious and it's a defense mechanism.

Went out for some of the most delicious burgers in the city of Chicago (which also has the biggest beer list), went to an arcade bar where all the arcade games are retro (Mortal Kombat 1,2,3, street fighter, TMNT, Simpsons, Mario Brothers 1, Donkey Kong, etc etc) and are all free along with a lot of great craft beers as well, then the strip club, then a 4am "dive" karaoke bar. Good times.

That sounds like an awesome time! Maybe because the whole night didn't consist of strip clubs lol. Seriously though, you planned a well thought out evening. Glad everyone had fun.

I always run away when there are attractive men at my place of employment. But if I'm forced to talk to them, then I'm a complete dick. I don't want them thinking I am into them even though I totally am. I have backwards thinking but it's probably that I'm so self conscious and it's a defense mechanism.

omg.... you're the female version of me.

That sounds like an awesome time! Maybe because the whole night didn't consist of strip clubs lol. Seriously though, you planned a well thought out evening. Glad everyone had fun.

Thanks! I did put some work into it and everyone said they had a great time.  The strip club wasn't planned but a spontaneous suggestion from half of the group so we ended up going.

This is the first job I've had where I didn't call the shots on leaving. If I can just make it to August and land interviews while I'm in Florida, that would rule. But then I have the issue "what if I can't afford being there" do I cut my loses, cancel my plane ticket and deal with the $75 cancellation fee?

How long do you have at this job until you can't work there anymore? It sounds like you really want to go to Florida and I would say do everything to make that happen even if you have to pick up a crappy job for 2 months just to save up for the trip then schedule up as many interviews as you can for when you are in Florida.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic