I have never listened to Mixtapes and really don't care what the guy said. I'm guessing he was joking, so whatever. Bad timing on the joke because it trivializes a serious thing. Dude jumping on stage and forcibly kissing someone is a small incident that represents a larger problem. He made the two women feel uncomfortable and unsafe. Do most dudes know that shit isnt ok? Of course. But guys touching women in public really is an issue. I know women who have had strangers grab their arms and pull their sleeves up to "get a better look" at their tattoos. Shit like that isn't a rarity and can be frightening or triggering. The whole thing reminds me of that "Not all men" bullshit on twitter in response to "Yes all women." The point isn't that most people don't, it's that some people do.

Have you ever had a stranger touch you?  Working retail I've had people grab my arm or put their hand on my shoulder/arm/hand and it always makes me feel REALLY uncomfortable. I know I'm not in any danger and it's still alarming. You'd think "don't just touch people you don't know"  would be commonsense, but it's not.

You are on point lately and completely wonderful. 

I don't have tattoos but you don't want to know how many people GRAB MY HAIR in public. I'm already sensitive to touching, do you know how awful it is to have strangers think it's alright to touch and grab at your hair because they think it's pretty? 

People also don't understand how awful and unsafe simple things like catcalling can make a female feel. It's horrible. It makes you feel disgusting and violated. Also, what do men think will happen after a catcall? Do you think I'm going to run after your truck and goes "YES, THANK YOU, LET'S HAVE MEANINGLESS SEX"?

Like I said in the other thread, its a big deal because people are finally recognizing what is going on in our society vs women. If we stop talking about things like this, we lose. It's sad that it took the Elliot Rodger incident for people to finally recognize the kind of fear that females live with. Male or female, having your personal space violated is NOT OKAY. We need to keep talking about it so that people start to recognize that it's NOT OKAY.

Sure are a lot of Hot Topic threads lately, no?

At first I thought you meant the store, which we also have a lot of haha. Then I saw the board with the word hot next to, well, just about EVERYTHING!

edit* you probably did mean the store actually! Judging by the capitalization and all. I'm having a slow brain type of morning.

At first I thought you meant the store, which we also have a lot of haha. Then I saw the board with the word hot next to, well, just about EVERYTHING!

edit* you probably did mean the store actually! Judging by the capitalization and all. I'm having a slow brain type of morning.

I did, there are probably...3 Hot Topic threads(?) that have been floating around the front page, plus the Blonk thread. I donno, I guess if they were re-issuing more stuff I was thinking about buying I probably wouldn't care, but there is probably only one thing in all of those threads I'd even consider grabbing, so it bums me out that it takes up so much of the first page.

I did, there are probably...3 Hot Topic threads(?) that have been floating around the front page, plus the Blonk thread. I donno, I guess if they were re-issuing more stuff I was thinking about buying I probably wouldn't care, but there is probably only one thing in all of those threads I'd even consider grabbing, so it bums me out that it takes up so much of the first page.

Yeah, the last time I went in to Hot Topic I was more excited about the toys they have than the music they sell. Mainly because I do not know any of these new bands coming out these days, for good reason I'm sure. I will probably grab Between the Buried and Me- Silent Circus, for nostalgic purposes. I've been meaning to get it for a while.

What the hell is cat calling?

I'm just imagining myself with a cat going, "Here kitty kitty".

cat·callnoun \-ˌkl\

: a sound or noise that someone (such as an audience member) makes toward a speaker, performer, athlete, etc., that he or she does not like

Full Definition of CATCALL
:  a loud or raucous cry made especially to express disapproval (as at a sports event)
:  a derisive remark :  criticism
catcall verb
Examples of CATCALL
  1. The pitcher heard angry catcalls as he walked off the field.
  2. <the band's sloppy playing produced only catcalls from the crowd>

Cat calling is generally when dudes shout/whistle/etc. at girls from the windows of their car. Sometimes they do it while on the street, but most dudes don't have the balls for that. 

It's disgusting, degrading, offensive, annoying, etc. etc. etc. 

ugh this happens all the time to me. i have to walk only about 4 blocks from my work to my garage, but you'd be surprised how many pervy guys exist in any given 4 block radius in the city. it even happens in the winter when i have some big bulky coat on. i'm like...really, dudes?!

Cat calling is generally when dudes shout/whistle/etc. at girls from the windows of their car. Sometimes they do it while on the street, but most dudes don't have the balls for that. 

It's disgusting, degrading, offensive, annoying, etc. etc. etc. 

I was walking a couple weeks ago on a flood wall & across the river hidden by woods were some girls cat-calling me ("Hey sexy", "Do me", etc...) It goes both ways. It's disgusting, degrading, offensive, annoying, etc. etc. etc. I know they were doing it just to be asses cuz I'm quite ugly.

ugh this happens all the time to me. i have to walk only about 4 blocks from my work to my garage, but you'd be surprised how many pervy guys exist in any given 4 block radius in the city. it even happens in the winter when i have some big bulky coat on. i'm like...really, dudes?!

Yo baby, whatchu got under that coat, gurl!

Dudes are crazy.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic