I've done more in two days than I have in the past six months.

Energy is nonexistent.

I'm glad you're still alive!

I knew that was the thing you were gonna post. I'm not touring anymore this summer, I turned down a few offers so that I could stay focused and just graduate college in August. I reallllly want to see the Millionaires but not enough to see BOTDF (again).

I don't like what the dude from Mixtapes said. Will probably sell all my 2012 No Sleep sub copies of their stuff.

I don't get this reasoning whatsoever. Boycott future releases? Sure. Sell records they wrote in 2012 because of something someone said in 2014? Edgy and "I STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT-ish" I guess?

I don't even know what this is about. Racist/misogynistic comment I'm assuming?

I don't get this reasoning whatsoever. Boycott future releases? Sure. Sell records they wrote in 2012 because of something someone said in 2014? Edgy and "I STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT-ish" I guess?

He said "Fuck Tigers Jaw. Kiss whoever you want." Which is all levels of not cool. I feel like Mauras statement was to save face. He wasn't joking.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3702519

Lol, that whole thing is so stupid.  Obviously it's not okay to kiss a random person like that.  But that statement isn't going to stop the type of person who would do that to begin with from doing it again, they obviously know that it's not okay, and they just don't care.  But now you have all these kids preaching about violation of personal space and consent over a crazy fan kissing someone, when it's kind of a "no fucking shit" topic to begin with.  

Lol, that whole thing is so stupid. Obviously it's not okay to kiss a random person like that. But that statement isn't going to stop the type of person who would do that to begin with from doing it again, they obviously know that it's not okay, and they just don't care. But now you have all these kids preaching about violation of personal space and consent over a crazy fan kissing someone, when it's kind of a "no fucking shit" topic to begin with.

That's exactly how I feel about it too. A whole lot about nothing

I have never listened to Mixtapes and really don't care what the guy said. I'm guessing he was joking, so whatever. Bad timing on the joke because it trivializes a serious thing. Dude jumping on stage and forcibly kissing someone is a small incident that represents a larger problem. He made the two women feel uncomfortable and unsafe. Do most dudes know that shit isnt ok? Of course. But guys touching women in public really is an issue. I know women who have had strangers grab their arms and pull their sleeves up to "get a better look" at their tattoos. Shit like that isn't a rarity and can be frightening or triggering. The whole thing reminds me of that "Not all men" bullshit on twitter in response to "Yes all women." The point isn't that most people don't, it's that some people do.

Have you ever had a stranger touch you?  Working retail I've had people grab my arm or put their hand on my shoulder/arm/hand and it always makes me feel REALLY uncomfortable. I know I'm not in any danger and it's still alarming. You'd think "don't just touch people you don't know"  would be commonsense, but it's not.

I know women who have had strangers grab their arms and pull their sleeves up to "get a better look" at their tattoos. Shit like that isn't a rarity and can be frightening or triggering. The whole thing reminds me of that "Not all men" bullshit on twitter in response to "Yes all women." The point isn't that most people don't, it's that some people do.

I have never listened to Mixtapes and really don't care what the guy said. I'm guessing he was joking, so whatever. Bad timing on the joke because it trivializes a serious thing. Dude jumping on stage and forcibly kissing someone is a small incident that represents a larger problem. He made the two women feel uncomfortable and unsafe. Do most dudes know that shit isnt ok? Of course. But guys touching women in public really is an issue. I know women who have had strangers grab their arms and pull their sleeves up to "get a better look" at their tattoos. Shit like that isn't a rarity and can be frightening or triggering. The whole thing reminds me of that "Not all men" bullshit on twitter in response to "Yes all women." The point isn't that most people don't, it's that some people do.

Have you ever had a stranger touch you? Working retail I've had people grab my arm or put their hand on my shoulder/arm/hand and it always makes me feel REALLY uncomfortable. I know I'm not in any danger and it's still alarming. You'd think "don't just touch people you don't know" would be commonsense, but it's not.

I always tell people who are looking to get a tattoo that people will touch it. I don't know why, but if someone sees my tattoo they always try and touch it. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable when someone just decides to touch the back of my neck or collarbone without asking. Even if they did ask, I wouldn't agree. Why does my tattoo need to be touched in the first place? I've been very good at hiding them and if I knew people were going to be touching me all the time, I would have reconsidered the location.

Eta: I have no idea why I double quoted that. I blame my mobile.

I always tell people who are looking to get a tattoo that people will touch it. I don't know why, but if someone sees my tattoo they always try and touch it. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable when someone just decides to touch the back of my neck or collarbone without asking. Even if they did ask, I wouldn't agree. Why does my tattoo need to be touched in the first place? I've been very good at hiding them and if I knew people were going to be touching me all the time, I would have reconsidered the location.

Eta: I have no idea why I double quoted that. I blame my mobile.

people do this to my wife with her tattoos, and I always say something. But when she was pregnant people touched her all the time. I think I threatened more people during the 3 months or so that she was showing than I ever had.

People just don't get the whole don't touch thing.

I love casually telling people at work or whatever not to touch me. They usually get semi-weird and snatch their hand away haha.

I don't really care about it that much, I just like messing with people's heads. I definitely wouldn't want some random person touching me or anyone else though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic