I though Eric was being a troll when he threw a fit about getting a cruise for his birthday, but he wasn't. It kind of broke my little heart.

I though Eric was being a troll when he threw a fit about getting a cruise for his birthday, but he wasn't. It kind of broke my little heart.

This exactly. That's why....drumroll... I no longer read Eric's posts unless other people are talking about them! (The mystery from the other night has been solved.)

I know we're having a serious conversation right now, but I don't think I could live with myself if those of you who don't frequent the pizza thread never saw this.

http://youtu.be/wusGIl3v044

And with that, I'm off to study for my boards tomorrow!

Best of luck! You'll do great. Get plenty of sleep! You know just the usual. Eat breakfast.

I think the scariest thing about kids who are growing up on cell phones and computers is that they're losing their ability to communicate in person, because all they do is talk from behind a screen. Job interviews and whatnot, you can't text your answers.

I know we're having a serious conversation right now, but I don't think I could live with myself if those of you who don't frequent the pizza thread never saw this.

http://youtu.be/wusGIl3v044

And with that, I'm off to study for my boards tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK MAN!!

I think the scariest thing about kids who are growing up on cell phones and computers is that they're losing their ability to communicate in person, because all they do is talk from behind a screen. Job interviews and whatnot, you can't text your answers.

This is so important!

But it also has given those who are unable to talk (either physically or psychologically) a platform to speak and learn social skills. 

I was bullied very badly throughout high school and therefore I did not develop proper social skills. I still struggle in person, for sure, but I'm learning. The internet helped me socialize with people far away with similar interest and 6 years later I'm still hopping on airplanes to be with these same people. It's because of them that I started to open up to people and learn basic social skills. 

It's just a good case of "everything in moderation." 

Circa 1987, no computer,no tablet, and I never had the ability to communicate in person.

This is so important!

But it also has given those who are unable to talk (either physically or psychologically) a platform to speak and learn social skills.

I was bullied very badly throughout high school and therefore I did not develop proper social skills. I still struggle in person, for sure, but I'm learning. The internet helped me socialize with people far away with similar interest and 6 years later I'm still hopping on airplanes to be with these same people. It's because of them that I started to open up to people and learn basic social skills.

I was pretty similar in high school except I had zero friends. I ate alone everyday at lunch. It was depressing. I started to make friends in college but to this day I still feel like nobody likes me and I'll get in a shell and hide from everyone. It happens here and there and I'll just push everyone away and feel sorry for myself. I like talking to people on here and IG. It helps me open up.

I was pretty similar in high school except I had zero friends. I ate alone everyday at lunch. It was depressing. I started to make friends in college but to this day I still feel like nobody likes me and I'll get in a shell and hide from everyone. It happens here and there and I'll just push everyone away and feel sorry for myself. I like talking to people on here and IG. It helps me open up.

I ate lunch in the art room or with one of my english teachers. My teachers were honestly my best friends in high school, a lot of them knew it was bad for me but not to the extent (so there was nothing they could do). They would always invite me on as many field trips as they could, even for classes I wasn't in, just to get me away from my peers. 

This is so important!

Oh for sure, I understand that completely, although i will admit I never really thought about it like that, thank you for pointing it out :) Honestly though, you seem like you can transition from an Internet relationship to a real life relationship with ease, which is what some people are lacking. When I see a 10 year old kid checking his Facebook in the park, that's when I feel weird. Is he going to grow up and judge his self worth by how many likes his status gets?

Oh for sure, I understand that completely, although i will admit I never really thought about it like that, thank you for pointing it out :) Honestly though, you seem like you can transition from an Internet relationship to a real life relationship with ease, which is what some people are lacking. When I see a 10 year old kid checking his Facebook in the park, that's when I feel weird. Is he going to grow up and judge his self worth by how many likes his status gets?

Yeah! I always try to point out that there IS a positive side, though there is definitely a balance you have to achieve with it. I definiiitely am guilty of checking my phone too many times while I'm out to the extent of it being a security blanket. A few friends have pointed out that they can tell when I'm anxious because I just scroll through my social media feeds but don't actually look at my phone. None of those are habits that I'm proud of BUT I also don't ignore my friends in favor of my phone. 

The book #GIRLBOSS pointed out false confidence from instagram likes and that's so so sad to me. I really hope that this is something most people grow out of...but I doubt it is...

Best of luck! You'll do great. Get plenty of sleep! You know just the usual. Eat breakfast.

Thanks, I'm big on breakfast. Luckily I get to wake up later than usual because I don't have to go in to work!

This. Exactly. But Bagel makes some great points too.

GOOD LUCK MAN!!

Thank youuuuuu!

Right? It's horrendous and disgusting.

I also like you Tess. You're tops. I like everyone on here who I haven't specifically called out too! Will and Tess are just saying things I super agree with lately.

I thought about reading the last 50 pages to catch up, but I just have too much internet shit I'm behind on. Got my computer back up and working and then went on my mini vacation. Mini vacation really fucked me though because now my schedule looks like this: 8 days working, 4 days vacation, 8 days working. It's some bullshit.

Experienced my first multiple day hangover and being on the wrong side of 25 is just the fucking worst. Also learned that drunk people in bars get really excited about thinking I look like Jesus.

Experienced my first multiple day hangover and being on the wrong side of 25 is just the fucking worst. Also learned that drunk people in bars get really excited about thinking I look like Jesus.

Those are tough. Seems like anytime I have a friend visit, I feel like absolute garbage for a few days.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic