Worst part is, that's $170 down the drain.  Because he'll have to go about buying his own ticket now, and he's obviously not going to pay me the $85 for his ticket if I don't go, because then he can't get in.  Ugh.  

And I can't sell them because Ticketmaster wouldn't fucking let me buy hardcopy tickets, only ones where they check my Visa and ID at the door and then you get a wristband.  

Worst part is, that's $170 down the drain.  Because he'll have to go about buying his own ticket now, and he's obviously not going to pay me the $85 for his ticket if I don't go, because then he can't get in.  Ugh.  

And I can't sell them because Ticketmaster wouldn't fucking let me buy hardcopy tickets, only ones where they check my Visa and ID at the door and then you get a wristband.  

Can you not just get a refund? I'm not familiar with Ticketmaster's refund policy, if they even have one.

Can you not just get a refund? I'm not familiar with Ticketmaster's refund policy, if they even have one.

"The standard policy for other venues and many artists, teams, etc. is No Refunds or Exchanges. But if something comes up closer to the event and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Just contact us!"

I guess I'll call them tomorrow.  Hopefully the person who answers will sympathize with me.  Just kidding, I'll make up an excuse about why I can't go.

"The standard policy for other venues and many artists, teams, etc. is No Refunds or Exchanges. But if something comes up closer to the event and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Just contact us!"

I guess I'll call them tomorrow.  Hopefully the person who answers will sympathize with me.  Just kidding, I'll make up an excuse about why I can't go.

That really sucks. Here's hoping everything works out in your favor, or as close to your favor as it possibly can.

Hey VC friends, I need some advice on how to handle the following situation, besides locking myself in my room all day and watching depressing movies in the dark and listening to Mineral and The Saddest Landscape on repeat. So here comes the novel.

Last night at a house party one of my best friends decided to hook up with the girl that he knows I have feelings for. I know I've told the story before on here in Man Advice, so here's a quick rundown. This girl and I were really, really close over the winter, hung out a lot, we'd hug and kiss each other good bye, we slept together a couple nights where no alcohol was involved, and so on. Then we just randomly stopped talking for a few months. Fast forward to now, we started hanging out again, I took her to a Modest Mouse show, we've been getting closer again. My friend knows this, he knows we've started hanging out again, he knows I like her, and then at this house party he gets drunk and fucking hooks up with her in his bedroom.

What do I do? I sent him a drunk text last night after I left saying, "Thank you so much for hooking up with _______. I really appreciate that". To which he responded, "John, it was the shittiest thing a friend could do, I'm genuinely sorry and feel like a dirtbag. If you want to hear me out tomorrow let me know when I can call you".

He sent that last night at 3:30, and I haven't said anything to him since. The worst part is I really want nothing to do with him at the moment, but some friends and I, including him and the girl mentioned above are supposed to be going to see Arcade Fire on Monday, and I bought his ticket with my Visa, therefore I need to be there for him to get in, but I really don't even want to go anymore. (I don't even listen to Arcade Fire but I leave the next day for 3 weeks and it was an excuse to hangout with the girl before I leave).

So yeah, what would you guys do?

Man I'm sorry. This is a terrible situation. Like bea Arthur, I'm also very cold hearted in these situations. I've been pretty fucking drunk in the past and I've never accidentally slept with someone. When I was almost black out drunk and hung out with the guy I had been obsessing over and he was hitting full on work me, I still didn't sleep with him.

Personally, I'd be done. When I was younger I would have stayed and worked it out but as I've gotten a lot older, I've learned to cut people loose. I've been walked on too many times. If you really like your buddy then maybe try and work it out but with her, idk I would have big trust issues that I couldn't work though.

But that's me. You should do what you need to. Take some time and think on it. Maybe let yourself calm fully before you see your friend or it could escalade into something worse.

I don't know what it is, but these night shifts have been really lonely the past month or two.  I'm not sure if I was better at occupying my time before or the fact that my social life is a little more active these days, but being up all night by myself with very little to do has been bumming me out.  Only about 12 - 15 left before my shifts change, thankfully!

Also, post 3,500!  Glad I could make it a bit of a bummer!

I don't know what it is, but these night shifts have been really lonely the past month or two. I'm not sure if I was better at occupying my time before or the fact that my social life is a little more active these days, but being up all night by myself with very little to do has been bumming me out. Only about 12 - 15 left before my shifts change, thankfully!

Also, post 3,500! Glad I could make it a bit of a bummer!

I'm glad that things will be improving soon!

I'm glad that things will be improving soon!

Haha, you and me both!  I think part of the problem is that I work by myself too.  If I had a coworker or two stuck with me, it would definitely help.  I was pretty content with this shift for about a year, that must have been my limit!

Haha, you and me both! I think part of the problem is that I work by myself too. If I had a coworker or two stuck with me, it would definitely help. I was pretty content with this shift for about a year, that must have been my limit!

Having someone to talk to helps so much with passing the time!

Having someone to talk to helps so much with passing the time!

It definitely does.  My brother is a few time zones ahead of me, so I can look forward to chatting with him in the mornings.  The VC late night crew has helped too.

You have a long day ahead of you?  Trying to get more sweet, sweet record money?

It definitely does. My brother is a few time zones ahead of me, so I can look forward to chatting with him in the mornings. The VC late night crew has helped too.

You have a long day ahead of you? Trying to get more sweet, sweet record money?

I'm lucky that my friends work as early as me so I can text them and complain about my day pretty quick lol. I've never been able to stay up late enough to be in the VC late crew. One day I will! :D

I'm hoping to get 12 hours again. I really want these 2 records but I have to get my school bill paid off in 2 weeks. I've made a lot of bad decisions planning lol. On a side note, this summer has been fantastic!

I'm lucky that my friends work as early as me so I can text them and complain about my day pretty quick lol. I've never been able to stay up late enough to be in the VC late crew. One day I will! :D

I'm hoping to get 12 hours again. I really want these 2 records but I have to get my school bill paid off in 2 weeks. I've made a lot of bad decisions planning lol. On a side note, this summer has been fantastic!

I think if you get up early enough, you still fall into the VC late crew.  Ghostdrones is a perfect example.

I met Ashton/egg/futurekills at the phillies game tonight! VC people are cool outside the boards.

Yay! We have a knack for being at the same place at the same time haha. I'm glad we got to hangout a bit!

Pics exist! Ashton posted on IG

Your username really threw me for a loop, haha. I was so happy when I realized it was you behind it lol.

People may not agree with me, but I'm a cold hearted motherfucker when it comes to that kind of shit... I'd cut them both loose. Being drunk is no excuse for your friend doing that. Even when I've been falling down drunk, when I've hooked up with people I knew were in relationships/whatever (I was young and stupid at one point too) I made the conscious decision that "fuck it, who cares, I'm doing this." Granted, I didn't so it to my friends, just people I knew through other people or people I didn't know at all.

But yeah, tl;dr: Your buddy knew what he was doing and he was an asshole. Her too. I don't know why people think being drunk is an excuse for their poor behavior.

Sorry, man. I like you as much as I like anyone on this board, so I wanted to give it to you straight. It's a bummer situation to be in :(

Neither of them is worth it as far as I'm concerned. You're too good for them.

110% agree with this. Being drunk is never and excuse. 

Worst case scenario, just go through with the show and then cut them off. You know? 

Above all else, DID NO ONE SERIOUSLY MAKE A TAKING BACK SUNDAY/BRAND NEW REFERENCE HERE?! I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU ALL.

Your username really threw me for a loop, haha. I was so happy when I realized it was you behind it lol.

I loved me some DTG when I was a wee lad. 

He changed it without warning mid conversation lol. But I really like the new pic he has.

It was time for a change, I had no choice. 

OKAY YA'LL NO ONE CARES ANYMORE (EDIT: ASHTON CARES) BUT SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEIRD WEDDING LAST NIGHT: 

• People who only listen to the acoustic version of Everlong by Foo Fighters are not the people you want at your wedding
  • No one there was smashed enough for Don't Stop Believin' to start playing
  • Except for the one drunk lady who screamed BATHROOM at me and then winked
  • I caught 2 people trying to secretly steal raw onions
  • One lady looked at me and yelled "YOU'RE WELCOME" and I don't know why
  • Some kid tried to come in the kitchen and then ignored me when I asked him to leave
  • Another kid walked up to me and said "So, hey, you uh? You on clean up duty?" 
  • A little girl pulled on my hand to tell me she liked my hair
  • A lady took a glass and a spoon, but the glass she took is very expensive and fragile. I told her that I would prefer her not use it for those reasons, she looked me in the eye said "NO THIS IS FINE" and walked the fuck off with it
  • They hired an ice cream truck
  • I schemed to ask a small child to get me ice cream
  • They let me have ice cream and I didn't not have to ask small children to do my bidding
  • A drunk lady yelled YOU'RE GONNA DIE at a small child
  • A dad walked out during the daddy/daughter dance and 4 people ran after him. I don't think he ever came back.
  • An old man talked to me about the value of bats for 15 minutes. 
  • No one was dancing so my boss walked up to me singing/dancing Party Rock Anthem 
  • My ice cream melted before I could eat it. It became soup with rainbow sprinkles. I ate it anyway.
  • I got asked to cut the wedding cake. 
  • The icing tasted like melted butter mixed with whipped cream
  • At some point during the night, the groom decided that he was my friend
  • I was like "wow, what kind of wedding is this? First Day Of My Life hasn't played yet?"
  • 15 minutes later, guess what song came on?
  • We're not supposed to be serving stuff and I got in a fight with a lady over a glass of water
  • I lost
  • The back of the groom's shirt was Star Wars themed
  • The bride was not amused when she found out
  • There was only hot dad there and that was the biggest disappointment
  • At the end of the night some dude with a mohawk came and said "Cake?" and I said yes please assuming he was handing me his trash. He then handed me a clean fork and he said "EAT IT." I said "no." He said "Why not." I said "because i'm going to throw this away now."

I also thought it was really funny because they had an instagram hashtag posted around the place but about 0 people were the time of people who instagrammed except the 3 pre-teens wandering around. I tried to look up the hashtag later to see if anyone posted but either I spelled it wrong or no one posted to it. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic