Speaking of expensive vinyl, I've done this the past few days:

Beloved - Failure On $50

Zao - S/T, Splinter..., and Where Blood... $150

The Chariot - One Wing $75

In the process of snagging:

Hopesfall - No Wings...

If I can just get the first two mewithoutYou albums and Hopesfall Satelite Years, I can be done with this expensive nonsense.

Speaking of expensive vinyl, I've done this the past few days:

Beloved - Failure On $50

Zao - S/T, Splinter..., and Where Blood... $150

The Chariot - One Wing $75

In the process of snagging:

Hopesfall - No Wings...

If I can just get the first two mewithoutYou albums and Hopesfall Satelite Years, I can be done with this expensive nonsense.

That's a ton...

I grabbed the Joy Division 4xLP RSD 2008 box set for $25 ppd...

Stoked... it has Still, Closer, and Unknown Pleasures.

That's a ton...

I grabbed the Joy Division 4xLP RSD 2008 box set for $25 ppd...

Stoked... it has Still, Closer, and Unknown Pleasures.

Wow, what a deal. I think I remember that set being like $175. Where'd you get it from? That set is pretty heavy. Shipping for whoever sold it to you is going to be expensive.

20 minute drive home after drinking all day long at a really casual pace. never got drunk by any means, but i'm sure my bac is nothing to fuck with.

but yeah, 20 minute drive home, with a state highway included, and crossed paths with no cops. until i got into my town, where i drove past 4 in a 2 mile stretch. definitely pulled off to a side street at one point once i knew one was behind me. could just tell they were after people tonight.

Hey VC friends, I need some advice on how to handle the following situation, besides locking myself in my room all day and watching depressing movies in the dark and listening to Mineral and The Saddest Landscape on repeat.  So here comes the novel.  

Last night at a house party one of my best friends decided to hook up with the girl that he knows I have feelings for.  I know I've told the story before on here in Man Advice, so here's a quick rundown.  This girl and I were really, really close over the winter, hung out a lot,  we'd hug and kiss each other good bye, we slept together a couple nights where no alcohol was involved, and so on.  Then we just randomly stopped talking for a few months.  Fast forward to now, we started hanging out again, I took her to a Modest Mouse show, we've been getting closer again.  My friend knows this, he knows we've started hanging out again, he knows I like her, and then at this house party he gets drunk and fucking hooks up with her in his bedroom.  

What do I do?  I sent him a drunk text last night after I left saying, "Thank you so much for hooking up with _______.  I really appreciate that".  To which he responded, "John, it was the shittiest thing a friend could do, I'm genuinely sorry and feel like a dirtbag.  If you want to hear me out tomorrow let me know when I can call you".

He sent that last night at 3:30, and I haven't said anything to him since.  The worst part is I really want nothing to do with him at the moment, but some friends and I, including him and the girl mentioned above are supposed to be going to see Arcade Fire on Monday, and I bought his ticket with my Visa, therefore I need to be there for him to get in, but I really don't even want to go anymore.  (I don't even listen to Arcade Fire but I leave the next day for 3 weeks and it was an excuse to hangout with the girl before I leave).  

So yeah, what would you guys do?  

Give him the benefit of the doubt and hear him out. It's not worth it to throw the friendship out the window like that, especially if he and the girl were both drunk. If you get he akward part over with now, the show will be fun and you will not worry for 3 weeks while on vacation. As far as the girl goes, I would not try to go back to her. This has happened before (also with you if I remember right from the Man Advise thread), and will most likely happen again.

Hey VC friends, I need some advice on how to handle the following situation, besides locking myself in my room all day and watching depressing movies in the dark and listening to Mineral and The Saddest Landscape on repeat. So here comes the novel.

Last night at a house party one of my best friends decided to hook up with the girl that he knows I have feelings for. I know I've told the story before on here in Man Advice, so here's a quick rundown. This girl and I were really, really close over the winter, hung out a lot, we'd hug and kiss each other good bye, we slept together a couple nights where no alcohol was involved, and so on. Then we just randomly stopped talking for a few months. Fast forward to now, we started hanging out again, I took her to a Modest Mouse show, we've been getting closer again. My friend knows this, he knows we've started hanging out again, he knows I like her, and then at this house party he gets drunk and fucking hooks up with her in his bedroom.

What do I do? I sent him a drunk text last night after I left saying, "Thank you so much for hooking up with _______. I really appreciate that". To which he responded, "John, it was the shittiest thing a friend could do, I'm genuinely sorry and feel like a dirtbag. If you want to hear me out tomorrow let me know when I can call you".

He sent that last night at 3:30, and I haven't said anything to him since. The worst part is I really want nothing to do with him at the moment, but some friends and I, including him and the girl mentioned above are supposed to be going to see Arcade Fire on Monday, and I bought his ticket with my Visa, therefore I need to be there for him to get in, but I really don't even want to go anymore. (I don't even listen to Arcade Fire but I leave the next day for 3 weeks and it was an excuse to hangout with the girl before I leave).

So yeah, what would you guys do?

Dammit man! I've been keeping up on the situation on man advice but there's no excuse for shit like that. That's simple friend code. Mistakes and hookups happen but that's not cool.

I would give it a couple days and see how you feel then but I wouldn't make a decision in the concert/friendship until then.

People may not agree with me, but I'm a cold hearted motherfucker when it comes to that kind of shit... I'd cut them both loose. Being drunk is no excuse for your friend doing that. Even when I've been falling down drunk, when I've hooked up with people I knew were in relationships/whatever (I was young and stupid at one point too) I made the conscious decision that "fuck it, who cares, I'm doing this." Granted, I didn't so it to my friends, just people I knew through other people or people I didn't know at all.

But yeah, tl;dr: Your buddy knew what he was doing and he was an asshole. Her too. I don't know why people think being drunk is an excuse for their poor behavior.

Sorry, man. I like you as much as I like anyone on this board, so I wanted to give it to you straight. It's a bummer situation to be in :(

Neither of them is worth it as far as I'm concerned. You're too good for them.

Will and I live in the south, this is a reality we face daily haha.

The county I lived in prior to college used to be the meth capital of Georgia. Also, my high school had the highest teen pregnancy rate in the state for a few years. We were such overachievers.

And people wonder why I want to leave the South.

Sounds a lot like Montana...

Take Montana, make it 95 degrees with 100% humidity every afternoon from late March to early November, flatten the land over like 75% of the state, and add about eight million idiots to the population and boom. Georgia.

Also, as far as the drunk friend goes, I'd hear him out, but I would get a refund on the Arcade Fire tickets regardless of whether or not you choose to forgive him. I would also try to get in contact with the girl for an apology, and tell her that you're not going to the AF concert. That's what I would do.

Alcohol...

Seriously I hate that getting tipsy is the only way that I can loosen up and be somewhat outgoing.  At least I've gotten good at knowing where the line between falling down drunk and marginally charismatic me.  However I was able to chat up cute punk rock girl only to be to drunk to realize that I should get her phone number.  Or perhaps I was drunker than I thought and I hallucinated the whole thing. 

Down to my final day of my Vacation and the final day of Mile of Music so I have to make tomorrow count.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic