My first Monday night shift is kind of busy, which is awesome! These should only be my shifts for another month or so, but I hope they stay busy. It's amazing how much more I like work when I have something to do.

Slow days can be tough even when you enjoy what you do. I didn't have any client work to handle yesterday so I mostly doodled around in Illustrator and made some icons, badges and random stuff like that but the clock just wouldn't move. Today should move quicker though. I've got two meetings and a "field trip" to check out a print shop that should break up the day nicely. aaand it's my last work day before vacation.

Basically, I'm putting on Dead Poet's Society and making a list and chugging coffee before getting started. Still too sleepy.

How is ya sista doing?

Mom said she was doing better after getting home last night. I think she probably passed a stone last night, which was what causes all of that pain. Hopefully that's that. Thanks for asking!

Detroit area got a SHITLOAD of rain yesterday. Freeways are flooded and closed. Abandoned cars everywhere.

On the plus side -- got a rainout for work today! I was supposed to drive an hour to a conference in Novi. No effing way that was happening.

Just wished I had figured out we were shut down before I put a suit on...

Detroit area got a SHITLOAD of rain yesterday. Freeways are flooded and closed. Abandoned cars everywhere.

On the plus side -- got a rainout for work today! I was supposed to drive an hour to a conference in Novi. No effing way that was happening.

Just wished I had figured out we were shut down before I put a suit on...

that's crazy... that people still live in Detroit...

haha j/k I couldn't resist

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic