I'm happy I don't have any real exes. But I've had almost boyfriends be really mean to me but I don't think its the same. Mean people suck.

I think I can beat the whole crazy exes on here.

I had one that not only stole pretty much all of my possessions as I tried to move out of my own apartment to get away from her (because she was cheating on me, and a psycho), but she tried to beat the shit out of me as I was trying to gather up my possessions (while my best friend was there), and then took me to court saying that I bear her. I slapped a restraining order on her and bounced.

At least I didn't collect records at the time since this was 6 years ago.

Damn, breakups suck ass!!! Just to chime in, I've had my LP120 for about 2 years, and I am already ready to upgrade. It works great for what I need it to, and I don't have any problems with it, but I've been learning a lot about better set ups over the past year. I don't really have the money currently to get a better turntable as my house sucks up most of the extra funds, and I need to get some dental work done.  I also need a new couch, so I'm hoping I get a great tax return this year. WHY CAN"T I JUST HAVE UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO BUY THE THINGS I WANT AND NEED?!?!?! 

thanks.

i don't even think he meant it to be mean. just selfish. but as has already been discussed to great lengths, ross/ETR is a scummy dude who cares more about $$ than anything else.

good riddance though! i was pretty stoked to get away from all that bs.

It's a pretty great feeling once you finally get away. Feeing relieved once it's over is a great sign that it was toxic and that you made a good decision in ending it. I'm glad you don't have to deal with that anymore. :)

thanks.

i don't even think he meant it to be mean. just selfish. but as has already been discussed to great lengths, ross/ETR is a scummy dude who cares more about $$ than anything else.

good riddance though! i was pretty stoked to get away from all that bs.

That's a bummer that record is gone. Hooray for positivity and moving on, though!

I just want everyone to be excellent to each other. Party on, dudes!

The thing that pains me is that people aren't thorough in their decision making, in this case with their own money.  They just listen to marketing or walk into a store and walk out with something.  If you spend 8 hours working at $10 an hour and buy a crosley, would it make sense to not give at least 2 hours of researching before buying? That needs to be instilled in people.

True that and there's not another turntable out there that has that same cutesy campy, twee quality that these kids are into when they buy a Crosley!

It's a pretty great feeling once you finally get away. Feeing relieved once it's over is a great sign that it was toxic and that you made a good decision in ending it. I'm glad you don't have to deal with that anymore. :)

agreed!

know what else is a pretty great feeling? watching a bunch of random strangers on the internet rise up and hand your ex's ass to him on a silver platter. hahaha. this week has been so highly entertaining for me. especially since it was all stuff i already knew but couldn't call him out on.

i <3 vc.

I had one that not only stole pretty much all of my possessions as I tried to move out of my own apartment to get away from her (because she was cheating on me, and a psycho), but she tried to beat the shit out of me as I was trying to gather up my possessions (while my best friend was there), and then took me to court saying that I bear her. I slapped a restraining order on her and bounced.

You win. That sounds like a shitty time.

My ex had her mom with her and that made things a lot worse. The short version of the story is that we were engaged and living together, we broke up (my decision, but it seemed like we were on good terms separating), she went home for a few months and then came back to get her stuff with her mom. It was ugly. They threatened to take me to court for ridiculous reasons (money her parents had given us to help out during our relationship, among other things). I thought her mom was going to fight me at one point.

Anyway, we never went to court and nobody hit anyone. Could've been much worse.

yikes! that's a whole lotta crazy!

True that and there's not another turntable out there that has that same cutesy campy, twee quality that these kids are into when they buy a Crosley!

Yes and no. There are sharp looking record players out there, I have vintage floor speakers and used contact paper to give them a more whimsical design (contact paper won't ruin the wood finish.)

Vintage is also very in.

The fact is, there are affordable and nice looking products. People aren't doing their research.

16 year old kids will continue to buy crosleys to look cool.

Yes and no. There are sharp looking record players out there, I have vintage floor speakers and used contact paper to give them a more whimsical design (contact paper won't ruin the wood finish.)

Vintage is also very in.

The fact is, there are affordable and nice looking products. People aren't doing their research.

To add to this, I picked up all my stuff thrifted for under $150, it's not the best setup, but it's lightyears better than a Crosley. I do understand the space limitations some people have...but if you're really that limited on space, you probably shouldn't be collecting records. Records take up a lot of space on their own.

Vintage is also very in.

Haters gonna hate.

agreed!

know what else is a pretty great feeling? watching a bunch of random strangers on the internet rise up and hand your ex's ass to him on a silver platter. hahaha. this week has been so highly entertaining for me. especially since it was all stuff i already knew but couldn't call him out on.

i <3 vc.

Hahaha. I really enjoyed that thread !! B)

I wish I had a crazy ex story, but then you guys would know that I am the crazy one. lol My HS BF meant the world to me, then he cheated and broke up with me once I went off to College. I did NOT take it well. Much of which led to me being this dark emo kid who chopped off all her hair and dyed it black. I got to go a little crazy for a couple years after that, and I realized it made me a better person. Such is life.

I once called a guy out for having a side girl and then trying to get me on the side as well and he told me I was as crazy as my father. That hurt a lot, which is one of the reasons I don't open up about my daddy issues anymore.

Another wouldn't break up with his girlfriend but kept sending me emotionally traumatizing EMAILS about how he "loved" me but o wasn't worthy of coming number one in his life. He still has my Umbrella Academy volume one and I'm pissed about it. I want to buy a new one but good records keep coming out. One day.

That's about as shitty as it gets so I've been fortunate and I recognize that now, but man those situations dragged me through the dirt and pretty much destroyed me for months if not years.

Crazy how a mountain for one person is a speed bump for another.

I was entirely too nice as a young man (also needy, I now realize.) Because of this, most of my girlfriends cheated on me. None of my girlfriends were ever really crazy though. I did "hang out" with some crazy girls though after I stopped actually dating girls for a while.

To add to this, I picked up all my stuff thrifted for under $150, it's not the best setup, but it's lightyears better than a Crosley. I do understand the space limitations some people have...but if you're really that limited on space, you probably shouldn't be collecting records. Records take up a lot of space on their own.

I got my speakers from dropping off stuff at the thrift store that our health system runs.  They weren't gonna sell them, and they needed new foam around the speaker cones so I made it a project.  They're huge JBL speakers, I wasn't letting them go into the dumpster.  I fixed them up and they rule.  That makes things much more enjoyable.  Hunting things down or fixing them.

I was entirely too nice as a young man (also needy, I now realize.) Because of this, most of my girlfriends cheated on me. None of my girlfriends were ever really crazy though. I did "hang out" with some crazy girls though after I stopped actually dating girls for a while.

Being too nice was definitely my "problem." Looking back though, I'm probably perceived as the crazy one and that really sucks. But rarely will anyone go "oh yeah, I was the crazy one...not her."

I don't like thinking about my ex it's weird, and leaves me with feelings and that's that.

Hey you guys so I made a song a long time ago and for the first time I posted it on /mu/ and it's getting really positive feed back and I'm about to work on my new album some more but it make me wonder how much I should change my sound! It has been described as:

"wonderful stuff. sounds like the theme to the shopping mall in heaven." This made me feel really good, especially since I wasn't feeling the song before but I'm proud now!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic