Well when we first started going out I lived in San Francisco and we lived together there for 6 months before I moved back to LA, but we are both going up next weekend to visit my sister and nephew so I figure it would be silly to go right back a couple weeks later. That's really the only place I can think that holds a lot of sentiment with us... Will keep thinking on that though. Thanks.

No problem, and do what feels right to you. And don't beat yourself up about it, it'll come to you and when it does I'm sure she'll be happy with whatever it is.

Thanks you guys for the birthday advice. I'm probably just overthinking it and in turn am becoming somewhat overwhelmed. I should for sure keep it simple as she's told me she doesn't want to do anything at all or get any gifts and maybe I'm thinking I should just take her up on it and make her something special and take her somewhere nice but not extravagent

Well when we first started going out I lived in San Francisco and we lived together there for 6 months before I moved back to LA, but we are both going up next weekend to visit my sister and nephew so I figure it would be silly to go right back a couple weeks later. That's really the only place I can think that holds a lot of sentiment with us... Will keep thinking on that though. Thanks.

Fancy night out in SF?  Or maybe take her to a bunch of places that are special to your relationship?

these are such excellent ideas! secret: girls just want to feel pretty and special and loved. and the fact that you're putting in such an effort to do so, i'm sure you'll be able to do something that gets that point across :)

also, with the SF connection, that actually sounds kind of perfect for the necklace i suggested. not being a pusher, just saying....it's an awesome gift that's yet to let me down! 

these are such excellent ideas! secret: girls just want to feel pretty and special and loved. and the fact that you're putting in such an effort to do so, i'm sure you'll be able to do something that gets that point across :)

also, with the SF connection, that actually sounds kind of perfect for the necklace i suggested. not being a pusher, just saying....it's an awesome gift that's yet to let me down!

Thank you! I will definitely think the necklace over, I missed that post the first time around. Thanks again

I've spent the last few hours listening to Venetian Snares, thinking about how I didn't do anything today, and trying not to move thanks to gastrointestinal distress. Quite the highlight in my productivity these days.

The Venetian Snares part of your day sounds good at least!

Unrelated : Based on the first episode, this season of Broad City is going to be dope.

I missed the picture talk but here it goes.

Baby Me

DCCA4179-20DA-460B-957E-86B6958EC407_zps

Me and mom

64009AE5-A179-494B-93C6-A8AF2A161545_zps

Mom and I PT 2 (peep the records)

5BC5FEBF-6E60-4CE8-B8A4-3976FDF9B6D1_zps

Pretty Fly for a 5 year old

C6579AB1-8B95-4A95-863F-EF0D642384D3_zps

First year in Charleston 9th grade

4B6A2BBA-DC62-4E88-9AE9-18D3593A9EE9_zps

At my first job stealing time haha

F7B92BD0-7ADF-41BD-9DC8-C4EA57B012FF_zps

Back in NY to finish HS (11th grade)

8BC9E98B-D3FC-4B94-81CB-9F2232BF65DB_zps

About a week ago!!!!!

BACB0E39-C86D-4B1E-A037-74B3EADAAD7E_zps

I missed the picture talk but here it goes.

Baby Me

DCCA4179-20DA-460B-957E-86B6958EC407_zps

Me and mom

64009AE5-A179-494B-93C6-A8AF2A161545_zps

Mom and I PT 2 (peep the records)

5BC5FEBF-6E60-4CE8-B8A4-3976FDF9B6D1_zps

Pretty Fly for a 5 year old

C6579AB1-8B95-4A95-863F-EF0D642384D3_zps

First year in Charleston 9th grade

4B6A2BBA-DC62-4E88-9AE9-18D3593A9EE9_zps

At my first job stealing time haha

F7B92BD0-7ADF-41BD-9DC8-C4EA57B012FF_zps

Back in NY to finish HS (11th grade)

8BC9E98B-D3FC-4B94-81CB-9F2232BF65DB_zps

About a week ago!!!!!

BACB0E39-C86D-4B1E-A037-74B3EADAAD7E_zps

At which point did they make you move in with your auntie and uncle in bel air?

Note to self: don't bother trying to explain why Crosley is shit to Crosley owners. They are morons.

(No matter how much I know this fact, I'll always try to help, and they just don't get it.)

Why would you spend thousands of dollars on records, just to listen to them on a potato? Why wouldn't you want to spend some money to hear the actual quality of your music? Why are people ok listening to records without warmth, depth, feeling, or any fucking volume. I just don't get it. A good starter set up is only about $1,000. That's a drop in the bucket. Especially since it's an investment. Oh yeah, I forget, the "trend" of collecting records.

"Actual". This kid has one of those horrid suitcase Crosleys and said he "upgraded" to something with "actual" speakers because the speakers in the suitcase went out. (This is his "upgrade".) Kid, first of all, no. Those are not actual speakers, and that's definitely not an upgrade. All you got was a differently packaged turd. It wasn't a clue not to buy Crosley when the "speakers" went out only after a couple years? No? Ok. You're probably right. You're probably right when you say you "haven't noticed any damage". I mean, obviously you are very astute, observant, and wise, and would be able to hear the diminishing quality of your rare Circa records. You're right, my bad. What am I thinking when investing in a set up would get you speakers that would out live you? Oh that's right, cause you will be uninterested in records when the trend dies anyway. Again, my bad.

I really need to stop wasting my breath on hopeless cases.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic