good on you, sir! i've tried that before and lasted all of....oh, maybe 5 days haha.

Thank you. Haven't had a rough day at work yet so I'm still going strong haha. I have 7 beers in my house that I have to wait til February to try. It's killing me.

This movie needs more Elizabeth Olsen, less guy who's name I don't know.

I will eat and drink in your honor.

Hope you enjoy it! Nothing better than that combination. Nothing.

Alright everyone, I need some help. My girlfriends birthday is coming up in February and I seriously have no idea what to get her. We've been together over 5 years now and every year it seems I get more extravagant with my gifts which has been cool up to this point, but this year I'm seriously stumped on what to do.

I feel like a piece of shit because I usually try to get her really good gifts (last year I booked a vacation at Disneyland and got her season passes, an expensive massage, hand painted picture of her cat by the amazingly talented allison, etc.) but this year I feel like there's no way I could top that. I just bought her a new MacBook Pro (ouch) for Christmas because her computer died and she absolutely needed it for work. A couple months ago I got her mom a MacBook Air (double ouch) for her birthday because she always talked about wanting one.

I have the funds to something somewhat awesome (although I still have a little left to pay off on the macbook) but I just honestly don't know what to do. I feel so burned out from the holidays this year the idea of getting creative and coming up with a cool gift makes me exhausted just thinking about it. I guess this is more a vent post than expecting anyone to actually be able to help, since you all don't personally know us, but I just feel like I needed to put it out there. I'm also kinda drunk. So there's that. Thanks you guys are all great

Alright everyone, I need some help. My girlfriends birthday is coming up in February and I seriously have no idea what to get her. We've been together over 5 years now and every year it seems I get more extravagant with my gifts which has been cool up to this point, but this year I'm seriously stumped on what to do.

I feel like a piece of shit because I usually try to get her really good gifts (last year I booked a vacation at Disneyland and got her season passes, an expensive massage, hand painted picture of her cat by the amazingly talented allison, etc.) but this year I feel like there's no way I could top that. I just bought her a new MacBook Pro (ouch) for Christmas because her computer died and she absolutely needed it for work. A couple months ago I got her mom a MacBook Air (double ouch) for her birthday because she always talked about wanting one.

I have the funds to something somewhat awesome (although I still have a little left to pay off on the macbook) but I just honestly don't know what to do. I feel so burned out from the holidays this year the idea of getting creative and coming up with a cool gift makes me exhausted just thinking about it. I guess this is more a vent post than expecting anyone to actually be able to help, since you all don't personally know us, but I just feel like I needed to put it out there. I'm also kinda drunk. So there's that. Thanks you guys are all great

Maybe a small trip or even a nice night in a hotel where you live?  A fancy dinner and a night in a great hotel is always good.  I don't know if 'topping' the previous year is necessary, I think being thoughtful and putting time into it is what really matters.  The gals of VC will be able to give you more help than I can though.

Maybe a small trip or even a nice night in a hotel where you live?  A fancy dinner and a night in a great hotel is always good.  I don't know if 'topping' the previous year is necessary, I think being thoughtful and putting time into it is what really matters.  The gals of VC will be able to give you more help than I can though.

agreed! thought > $$

a romantic night/weekend getaway always a good idea. sentimental/personal stuff also works. this xmas, i bought both my sisters (and myself) necklaces with the coordinates to our childhood home since my dad is currently in the process of selling it. everyone loved them.

agreed! thought > $$

a romantic night/weekend getaway always a good idea. sentimental/personal stuff also works. this xmas, i bought both my sisters (and myself) necklaces with the coordinates to our childhood home since my dad is currently in the process of selling it. everyone loved them.

Agreed. Is there something she hasn't done in a long time? Like a hobby or maybe somewhere she liked to go? I think rekindling something like that would be a cool idea.

Thanks you guys for the birthday advice. I'm probably just overthinking it and in turn am becoming somewhat overwhelmed. I should for sure keep it simple as she's told me she doesn't want to do anything at all or get any gifts and maybe I'm thinking I should just take her up on it and make her something special and take her somewhere nice but not extravagent

Agreed. Is there something she hasn't done in a long time? Like a hobby or maybe somewhere she liked to go? I think rekindling something like that would be a cool idea.

Well when we first started going out I lived in San Francisco and we lived together there for 6 months before I moved back to LA, but we are both going up next weekend to visit my sister and nephew so I figure it would be silly to go right back a couple weeks later. That's really the only place I can think that holds a lot of sentiment with us... Will keep thinking on that though. Thanks.

Well when we first started going out I lived in San Francisco and we lived together there for 6 months before I moved back to LA, but we are both going up next weekend to visit my sister and nephew so I figure it would be silly to go right back a couple weeks later. That's really the only place I can think that holds a lot of sentiment with us... Will keep thinking on that though. Thanks.

Fancy night out in SF?  Or maybe take her to a bunch of places that are special to your relationship?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic