im still recovering from my work xmas party. plus the kid is teething and has a bad diaper rash.

up early, holding, walking.

i cant hear out of my left ear. no exaggeration, its completely clogged or something...and as i lay there this morning i wondered if i did go deaf if i would sell off my collection or not. its an intentional silly question.

My blues rock band's album is finally done tracking! Had to wait for our singer to recover from strep. But mixes will start flowing pretty quick since we tracked all the instruments live. I've been working on the layout for months and super excite to have this all done and out for everyone to hear. Going to be a huge step up from our self recorded first EP.

i mean yeah. you could wear gray. idk i always feel weird not wearing black though.

mainly just look nice to pay your respects and no one will give a fuck what color you're wearing.

Thanks for your input.  I never know how to dress for these kinds of things.  I'll be dressing more casual for the wake or whatever tonight but I'll maybe go and pick up a charcoal suit for the church part tomorrow.  Thought I could get away wearing stuff I already had but I have very little black dress clothes.

when my grandpa died a few months ago I wore a black dress. all black. most of my cousins just wore nice dress clothes, khakis and a button up. I thought it was odd but I think funeral attire is changing.

also, sorry for your loss

Me too.  I hate causing conflict and negotiating on things that I don't see is fair or my place to be doing so.  My boss wanted our receptionist to put together a holiday dinner for the employees on Wednesday.  This was last week.  She didn't do anything until today, then left at noon with the dinner still unplanned, which of course leads me to finish it because she's USELESS.

She told me that she has the reservation with a fixed menu and that they need a deposit of $250 to hold the reservation.  Since she doesn't have a company credit card and I do, I said I would fax the deposit paperwork over for her.  So she leaves and I put my contact info on the deposit form so now the woman at the restaurant has been contacting me.  I've since learned that the restaurant wants to charge $51/person and the deposit is non-refundable.  My boss is pissed off that the receptionist failed to mention this and now I have to get on the phone with the restaurant and try to get a lower price.  I HATE being that person.

I received my cat stamp and some other fun stuff (like a club card for a hoagie place that doesn't exist here, hahaha) from Charlie/abovetheearth today!

I specifically enjoyed how he ended the letter with "Now go eat some dirt." 

Thanks, dude! 

1ep7cy.png

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic