I am the classic old man.  I am literally in bed by 10 most nights, because I get up at 5:25 am.  Even on the weekends, staying up late is a chore.

this is me! lol

Oh, yeah, that would certainly do it. I know people with issues, who just slept all day everyday until they got on the proper medicine.

i was never like that, but it definitely sucks haha

I can't imagine it is. I know your medicine is probably expensive, you have to have tests done a lot (if you're like my friend).

My first medication was expensive ($50 for a 90 day supply), but then I switched to a natural medication and it was like $15 for a 90 day supply. But now I'm trying a compounded medication and its $100 for a 90 day supply. I have to submit the claims to my insurance now which is annoying. I have no idea if they'll cover anything. Not sure if I can keep that up if that's the case. I'll have to switch back to the $15 one.

I get bloodwork done every 3 months, yeah.

Wow, that would be annoying, but you have to do it to not feel like crap. Which thryoid disorder do you have? My friend has Graves iirc. I hope you're doing well despite it all!

Wow, that would be annoying, but you have to do it to not feel like crap. Which thryoid disorder do you have? My friend has Graves iirc. I hope you're doing well despite it all!

I have Hashimoto's which is the exact opposite of Graves, lol. I'm doing better than I have been, which is good! I'm just struggling to lose weight. :(

I have Hashimoto's which is the exact opposite of Graves, lol. I'm doing better than I have been, which is good! I'm just struggling to lose weight. :(

Ah, no fun. I know his medicine makes his thyroid slow down, when it was was over active before. He said some months he'll burn weight off, and then gain a bunch. Such a strange organ. Keep up the fight, you'll lose that weight no problem!

Our country's built-in necessity of automobiles bites a dick. I wish I lived in a city where I could walk/ bike to work. I guess I could, but then I'd have to wake up REALLY early and I don't do early. Also I like having my little 3/4 acre yard. We have like 6 birds, 4 squirrels, a few chipmunks, and a family of bunnies always around. It's nice.

Ah, no fun. I know his medicine makes his thyroid slow down, when it was was over active before. He said some months he'll burn weight off, and then gain a bunch. Such a strange organ. Keep up the fight, you'll lose that weight no problem!

It really is such an odd disease to have. You can't predict what it's going to do. I hope your friend is doing okay!

I'm in Seattle. I don't know most of you, but I know the good ones

I was just there with the family a week ago. We did a road trip to Seattle to meet up with some friends and their kids. We also stayed in Bend, on the Oregon Coast and Ashland.

I got to go to the house from Goonies when we were in Astoria.

giphy.gif

I was just there with the family a week ago. We did a road trip to Seattle to meet up with some friends and their kids. We also stayed in Bend, on the Oregon Coast and Ashland.

I got to go to the house from Goonies when we were in Astoria.

Astoria is really cool. Bend also. Check out any breweries in Bend?

Astoria is really cool. Bend also. Check out any breweries in Bend?

A few...

Weed: Mt. Shasta Brewing Company

Bend/Sunriver: Bend Brewing Company, McManamins Old St. Francis School, Sunriver Brewing Company, Crux Fermentation Project, Deschutes, 10 Barrel Brewing Company

Seattle: Random 22's and growlers with the friends

Oregon Coast: Buoy Beer Company (Astoria), Seaside Brewing Company (Seaside)

Eugene: Falling Sky Brewing

Ashland: Caldera Brewing Company

I also brought home a dozen 22's to share with the friends, some of which I haven't had yet.

If I had more time and less kids...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic