$40?? I went to the grocery to get enough ingredients to make two batches of guac (each batch requires 3 avocados) plus the family size of Tostitos and salsa con queso and it came to $14.

Our avacados are pretty cheap compared to most places in the country since they ship em into NJ so that might have something to do with it

Our avacados are pretty cheap compared to most places in the country since they ship em into NJ so that might have something to do with it

They were $1.50 which is similar to what Lebowski says they are out by him in Michigan.  If all the ingredients really are $40 out in the midwest I am sad for those folks, haha.

VC Small Talkers, I would like to apologize for my negative comments towards avacados/guacamole. I tried an avacado/guacamole spread while in New Orleans and found it quite delicious and tried some homemade guacamole dip for the first time ever over the weekend. I must say, it was quite tasty.

On the issue of pet peeves...people in general can be pretty annoying. 

Agreed.

The only highlight of this work week will be back spending time in this wonderful thread. I haven't been following it since before Christmas.

Oof.

You should go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.

In my defense, 2+ of the times were due to American Rag's tent being close to main stage when I volunteered for them during Warped. 

3 times were because they used to tour with New Years Day and I love New Years Day.

I just realized this means I have seen them a lot more than 4 times. 

My top bands really should be Mayday Parade, Automatic Loveletter, and Secrets but instead I just look like I'm really into pedophile scene bands.

Eh. Texas is ok. If you like the heat and hate the cold, then yes it's the perfect place for you. Personally I would much rather live in Colorado. Give me a few years and I'm getting the hell out of here.

Colorado is the best. 4 seasons and low humidity makes all the difference.

In my defense, 2+ of the times were due to American Rag's tent being close to main stage when I volunteered for them during Warped. 

3 times were because they used to tour with New Years Day and I love New Years Day.

I just realized this means I have seen them a lot more than 4 times. 

My top bands really should be Mayday Parade, Automatic Loveletter, and Secrets but instead I just look like I'm really into pedophile scene bands.

Thats alright mine will probably be Scary Kids Scaring Kids and Chiodos because they were always supporting bands I really wanted to see like Emery and Silverstein.

Thats alright mine will probably be Scary Kids Scaring Kids and Chiodos because they were always supporting bands I really wanted to see like Emery and Silverstein.

I actually enjoy every band you just listed. 

SKSK and Chiodos are no comparison to BOTDF, hahaha. 

I wish I could remember all the shows I've been too, this shouldn't be so hard.

i now know what it feels like to 'not be able to keep up with this thread'.

i giggled at those coming in saying that.

get off my lawn.

I feel like it's been slower than usual lately. 

Maybe it's because you haven't been here and also because I do nothing with my life.

I couldn't agree more on the birthday lottery concept. After Christmas and New Years, everyone wants to be done with holidays and celebrations.

My wife does go out of her way every year to make my birthday celebration a separate event. It's really awesome of her.

Did you ever get the combo Christmas/Birthday gift? That one always drove me crazy when I was younger.

Happy late birthday to you, too!!

Eh. Texas is ok. If you like the heat and hate the cold, then yes it's the perfect place for you. Personally I would much rather live in Colorado. Give me a few years and I'm getting the hell out of here. 

come on over lady.  best state i've ever lived in

I couldn't agree more on the birthday lottery concept. After Christmas and New Years, everyone wants to be done with holidays and celebrations.

My wife does go out of her way every year to make my birthday celebration a separate event. It's really awesome of her.

Did you ever get the combo Christmas/Birthday gift? That one always drove me crazy when I was younger.

Happy late birthday to you, too!!

Most important song lyric I have ever heard was Fireworks' Oh, Why Can't We Start Old & Get Younger, "Birthdays and New Years have just turned into deadlines and the worst part is there's only a month between mine." 

So many combination gifts, not to mention how the weather always ruins all plans this time of year. 

I hope to one day have a significant other who do cool stuff like that for me.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic