when this day is over, I won't be back at work until the 30th. I plan on sleeping in, eating like a pig, and binge watching everything I can on netflix.

I would be jealous, but starting thanksgiving, I also have some vacation time. Hello 10 days off in a row :)

I only get thanksgiving day off, have to be back in at 730 the day after :(.

Jobs that are retail/support retail stores suck.

Edit: Even if I had some vacation time left, all the days around the Holidays were taken by people with "seniority".

Technically me too, but I get Friday off for being on call this weekend and then a week off for vacation

I'm jealous. I wish we got good days off here. All jobs should have the day after Thanksgiving off. Fuck Black Friday. I HAVE to be in on Friday to do kronos, since the normal kronos guy got a vacation day that day.

um

Definitely nothing exciting.

Whatchu got?

what do you have?

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires

Cursive - Burst & Bloom (bought a second copy on accident)

Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon

Fear Before the March of Flames - Odd How People Shake

The Ruby Suns - Fight Softly

Awolnation - Megalithic

Not sure if any of those are worth doing a sale for.

I do have a couple albums that people will for sure grab, and I may just do a sale with those and throw the above in for free.

Hmm, do I want to sell my AT120E cartridge? I planned on getting a second headshell to swap between it and the Grado, but I'm really liking my Grado and how often would I really do that?

I would sell it. It sounds like a good idea to have one to switch, but realistically I would almost never do it. Use the cash for some records or more updates to your set up.

Also, I know you love DACs Thomas and Matt, so I thought I would share this insane deal I just got. I was at a preview for a garage sale and saw a super nice PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MKII. I asked if that was for sale, and the guy said sure just shoot him an offer. Knowing it is a $6000 DAC and I can't afford it, I said $1000. He accepted it right away. I don't think he knew what he had, and I was expecting him to laugh at my offer. I wasn't really looking to spend $1000 on a DAC, but I couldn't pass up that offer. I took it home and turns out it has the bridge installed too! Now for the task of converting everything I can to flac. What media players do you guys use?

I still don't know why I bought the Fear Before. I never listen to that band anymore.

James, if you want Cursive, I'll throw it your way for like $4 just to cover shipping. Let me know!

Otherwise, I think I may try and sell a couple of records that may get bites, and just throw the rest in as goodies. 

I still don't know why I bought the Fear Before. I never listen to that band anymore.

James, if you want Cursive, I'll throw it your way for like $4 just to cover shipping. Let me know!

Otherwise, I think I may try and sell a couple of records that may get bites, and just throw the rest in as goodies. 

Yeah, we can do that. Send me a message with your paypal deets!

Someone will probably give you like $15 for FB.

I would sell it. It sounds like a good idea to have one to switch, but realistically I would almost never do it. Use the cash for some records or more updates to your set up.

Also, I know you love DACs Thomas and Matt, so I thought I would share this insane deal I just got. I was at a preview for a garage sale and saw a super nice PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MKII. I asked if that was for sale, and the guy said sure just shoot him an offer. Knowing it is a $6000 DAC and I can't afford it, I said $1000. He accepted it right away. I don't think he knew what he had, and I was expecting him to laugh at my offer. I wasn't really looking to spend $1000 on a DAC, but I couldn't pass up that offer. I took it home and turns out it has the bridge installed too! Now for the task of converting everything I can to flac. What media players do you guys use?

I don't know anything about that DAC, but that sounds like a hell of a deal. I use iTunes (hate it, but too cheap to pay for AirFoil) because I stream to an Airport express before it goes into my DAC. I'd recommend Foobar2000 though. Great player, tons of customization options and a super small file size and footprint. Are you going from computer to DAC to system/headphones?

Edit: Oh, it's networked? Does it have a built in hard drive to play files off it?

Definitely nothing exciting.

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires

Cursive - Burst & Bloom (bought a second copy on accident)

Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon

Fear Before the March of Flames - Odd How People Shake

The Ruby Suns - Fight Softly

Awolnation - Megalithic

Not sure if any of those are worth doing a sale for.

I do have a couple albums that people will for sure grab, and I may just do a sale with those and throw the above in for free.

How much on Fear and Cursive?

FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

I just got my copy of that Cursive EP in this week. Labels are off center, so I have to watch it when I play it so the stylus does not drag across them.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic