Colors > Everything Else > Coma

I love them cause they evolve as they go on. If we had 10 S/Ts or 10 Alaskas that would get boring. I like that they change shit up, and are always progressing / trying new things. Nothing will beat Colors though.

Even their covers album is badass. I'm glad I own all their albums on wax.

Colors > Everything Else > Coma

I love them cause they evolve as they go on. If we had 10 S/Ts or 10 Alaskas that would get boring. I like that they change shit up, and are always progressing / trying new things. Nothing will beat Colors though.

Even their covers album is badass. I'm glad I own all their albums on wax.

Between the Buried And Me had somewhat of an artificial progression as their lineup shifted wildly over the course of the 1st 3 records.

Will Goodyear, the drummer on S/T had a much different style that gave them a certain rhythmic quality. If I remember correctly, he had a hand in the songwriting as well as singing all the non screamed vocals. He left before recording album 2.

Silent Circus still had somewhat a similar motif, but the rhythm section was much different and the vocals changed due to Goodyear's absence.

After Silent Circus, the one guitarist, bassist, and drummer #2 left the band, leaving only the singer and 1 guitarist left from the original band by the time Alaska recorded.

In some ways Alaska is the 1st record of the band as a solid unit, but also a big reason why I began to lose interest in them from here. Again, personal preference... though I would have been interested in hearing what the original lineup would have sounded like by album 3 and 4.

I will say I liked Alaska, but would much prefer to throw on my copy with the vocals strripped out as it makes a crushing instrumental landscape for housework or travel. The Anatomy Of... may just be a cover album, but I think it is done quite well and was the first thing to gain major respect from me because it showed me they were King Crimson fans. Colors is a true opus, but Parallax is something totally different if it's so good my wife loves it (and she HATES anything with heavy vocals).Them being for about 1.5 hours away from me also helps because they always play a few days within reach of me so that's always nice to be able to see!

I will say I liked Alaska, but would much prefer to throw on my copy with the vocals strripped out as it makes a crushing instrumental landscape for housework or travel. The Anatomy Of... may just be a cover album, but I think it is done quite well and was the first thing to gain major respect from me because it showed me they were King Crimson fans. Colors is a true opus, but Parallax is something totally different if it's so good my wife loves it (and she HATES anything with heavy vocals).Them being for about 1.5 hours away from me also helps because they always play a few days within reach of me so that's always nice to be able to see!

Did you see Prayer For Cleansing?

Did you see Prayer For Cleansing?

More than a few times with other bands like Falling Down & Peaceful Non Existence... NCHC forevvvvs lol. So many good bands that used to be around this area back in my teens-twenties that are gone. Check out Antischism if you've never before

Really starting to love this new deafheaven album. The music is beautiful just not sold on the vocals...

It's tight as hell, not sure I like it better than Sunbather though, but it's great none the less. Can't wait for more in the future and to see how much further they evolve

I got the new Adele album so I'm gonna listen to it today during class. I hope it's good, as I enjoyed her previous effort.

Thank you for mentioning that, gotta grab this for the wifey today. Ready to hear that whole album before they wear out Hello on those Target commercials :(

More than a few times with other bands like Falling Down & Peaceful Non Existence... NCHC forevvvvs lol. So many good bands that used to be around this area back in my teens-twenties that are gone. Check out Antischism if you've never before

I have definitely heard Anti Schism

Love some Catharsis as well.

Only got to see Prayer For Cleansing 1 time. Wish it could have been more

I don't think she is capable of making a bad album too much raw talent, if it sucked it would be due to shitty production or something

My only concern is a lack of evolution. Just like Matt said last night about BTBAM and how they change from record to record. If she doesn't, it may get old.

Up early today aren't we? I always wonder "why is he always up at 11ish, and then remember you are at least 2 hours behind me... But good morning to you too :) Gonna use them little paper gifts you sended me today ;)

yeah I passed out around 9:30 and woke up at 5:30, and hope you enjoy and that the gum isn't worn out by now. Not going to lie they may be kind of old haha

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic