Also, I just realized last year how many people don't have mountains and have never been hiking.

I don't think I could live somewhere without mountains.

im landlocked.

i have no mountains.

no lakes near.

no trails, no hiking.

no streams or babbling brooks

no lush green field with wild flowers to sniff

i have national chain restaurants

buffets for any occassion

no unique coffee shops, no record stores.

my fresh seafood comes from a frozen bag

so yeah

Santa Monica was really gorgeous because you could see the mountains from the beach.

PA really isn't THAT bad when I think about it.

for me, it's 3ish hours to the beach, 1.5 to baltimore, 2 to DC, 2 to philly, 4 to Pittsburgh, 3ish to NYC.

there may not be a whooooole lot to do right in central PA (though i do love me some lancaster/pa dutch type food), but we're day-trip close to a lot of cool places/major cities.

for me, it's 3ish hours to the beach, 1.5 to baltimore, 2 to DC, 2 to philly, 4 to Pittsburgh, 3ish to NYC.

there may not be a whooooole lot to do right in central PA (though i do love me some lancaster/pa dutch type food), but we're day-trip close to a lot of cool places/major cities.

Yeah, you're really close to me. All those times sum up pretty much mine, just off by a half hour or so.

Which here is no big deal because the closest mall is 30 minutes away.

If I end up settling down here, I'd love to live in Bethelehem.

I just realized I have to buy a birthday present for Katie (boss's step daughter). She collects but I have noooo clue what records she has. The only one I can think of that I know she wants is a 10" that ships for $25.

Guess it's time to lurk the sale threads.

im landlocked.

i have no mountains.

no lakes near.

no trails, no hiking.

no streams or babbling brooks

no lush green field with wild flowers to sniff

i have national chain restaurants

buffets for any occassion

no unique coffee shops, no record stores.

my fresh seafood comes from a frozen bag

so yeah

We have trails and lakes. No hills, no hiking, and most depressing of all, no ocean.

I miss living in a place where buying fresh shrimp from a truck on the side of the road was a thing.

i had many friends get deployed. family too. some returned, some didnt. theres no candy coating or hiding the awfulness of this for everyone involved.

im going to warn you, those that returned...really still have pieces of them left back in the middle east. they are emotionless cyborgs.

but they will need your help, so be patient. these guys saw heavy action.

im going to warn you, those that returned...really still have pieces of them left back in the middle east. they are emotionless cyborgs.

but they will need your help, so be patient. these guys saw heavy action.

that doesn't happen to everyone, and it affects everyone differently! obviously extreme cases of ptsd are a possibility, but think positive! hope for the best, and just be supportive!

A friend of mine got deployed only a few months after having her son. She's a single mom and her son is currently being raised by her parents. I can't even imagine how hard things on her but even just by the things she posts on Facebook, you can tell that each day is draining her more and more.

that doesn't happen to everyone, and it affects everyone differently! obviously extreme cases of ptsd are a possibility, but think positive! hope for the best, and just be supportive!

of course not..but more so that not. and i say this because in some cases it can take decades to even show up. support is the best. animals help better than family (only from my witnessing)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic