Rachel's "Music For Egon Schiele" turned 20 last week and I didn't realize until now. So taking that for a spin, such a beautiful way to start the day

I'm having a Ryan Adams morning, but a particular bootleg from Germany in '07 with The Cardinals instead of studio work.. something about his demeanor in this one and the tone of his voice is just on point

I'm having a Ryan Adams morning, but a particular bootleg from Germany in '07 with The Cardinals instead of studio work.. something about his demeanor in this one and the tone of his voice is just on point

Never got into him, but you enjoy sir. This is pretty much modern classical, I think it's just piano/viola/cello for the whole album. All original compositions, some of their other albums have guitar and is more post-rock vain

Never got into him, but you enjoy sir. This is pretty much modern classical, I think it's just piano/viola/cello for the whole album. All original compositions, some of their other albums have guitar and is more post-rock vain

I will give it a listen today at some point, it sounds very interesting...

I will give it a listen today at some point, it sounds very interesting...

I dunno if you got into that whole 90s experiemental chicago/louisville scene but Jason Noble (Shipping News/Rodan) is the said guitar player on other projects. The Sea & The Bells is probably my favorite with the full lineup, but the one I'm listening is probably my favorite overall

Morning everyone! This puppy is like having a newborn. Thought I was done with that shit. Dude needs a name still. So far we have olaf, casper, biscuit, Prince and my pick, ziggy.

Btw, this deafheaven vinyl sounds sooo good.

Anything BESIDES Olaf... Go ahead and get it out of the way and name him Damn it so you can just yell that instead of trying to remember his name in times of anger lol. Is there a noticeable difference between those Deafheaven color pressings?

I dunno if you got into that whole 90s experiemental chicago/louisville scene but Jason Noble (Shipping News/Rodan) is the said guitar player on other projects. The Sea & The Bells is probably my favorite with the full lineup, but the one I'm listening is probably my favorite overall

I'm familiar with Rodan, so I'll take a stab at it. I may be overlooking something that would knock me over

what kind of dog?

English cream piebald long haired mini dachshund

Anything BESIDES Olaf.Is there a noticeable difference between those Deafheaven color pressings?

I'm with you on the Olaf thing. And I'm not sure. I had the purple but never opened it so I've only heard this blue.

Anything BESIDES Olaf... Go ahead and get it out of the way and name him Damn it so you can just yell that instead of trying to remember his name in times of anger lol. Is there a noticeable difference between those Deafheaven color pressings?

I'm familiar with Rodan, so I'll take a stab at it. I may be overlooking something that would knock me over

Hot Damn! even :P

It's certainly a far cry from Rodan, but I'll be curious to hear your take and there is a whole rabbit hole of great experimental music I'd be happy to lead anyone down from that era/area

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Didn't realize that Rachel's record was so old. Then again I'm already and old and jaded dude. So makes sense.

Good stuff to start a Saturday morning with.

just came across the news on the T&G site, apparently Man Or Astroman? got another repress a couple months back too in other T&G news I didn't know

Funny enough, just the other night I was talking to Duncan Barlow (Endpoint, BTGOG, etc.) and we started to reminisce about Noble's bands and those shows and not realizing at the time the greatness we were witnessing at the time. It's funny how life and going to shows can be.

yeah which is why you never want to say "ill just catch them next time" I'm jealous that you got to witness such a thing live

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic