Haha, I can't even decide what I want to spin myself right now. 

Pick your favorite record by your favorite band... or one you are really familiar with so you can tweak the sound on your set-up.

Haha, I can't even decide what I want to spin myself right now. 

Pick your favorite record by your favorite band... or one you are really familiar with so you can tweak the sound on your set-up.

Yeah I think I'll play some records that I know for sure sound reallllly good so I can mess around with things.

All the CFUTF talk the other day made me realize I have not spun it in ages, so on it goes.

It's always good to have one record you use for testing sound/set-ups. One that pushes equipment to show it's true worth, one you know ever note of, etc. Best way to figure out if you like what you are hearing.

All the CFUTF talk the other day made me realize I have not spun it in ages, so on it goes.

It's always good to have one record you use for testing sound/set-ups. One that pushes equipment to show it's true worth, one you know ever note of, etc. Best way to figure out if you like what you are hearing.

I need to pick up a copy of CFUTF one of these days.

It's so damn good. Everyone needs a copy.

Edit: Looks like the snow forecast was upper. 3-5 inches, which is still not much, but a lot more than we have had so far this year.

I feel like I don't even have that option anymore. It's really fucking lame. I'm very "depended" on. I'd honestly rather not be.

Worst feeling ever. I was like that at my last job and my current. That should never happen at a job. Someone should always be able to cover someone's work, if it's a job that requires it.

Worst feeling ever. I was like that at my last job and my current. That should never happen at a job. Someone should always be able to cover someone's work, if it's a job that requires it.

It's really fucking annoying. I know I'm awesome and all but fuck..I get sick too. I'm not the only one that can cut really pretty meat. Ehh...maybe I am.

I call out once in awhile as a power play. I'm too depended on. I want them to at least know I'll take a sick day like I ain't even give a fuck.

Same. I've been openly talking to the Cisco/HP dudes about new jobs too. Fuck having all the work put on you. When I called off sick 2 days in a row last week, my boss sounded so pissed. Well, how hard is it to make everyone else answer the damn phone?

It's really fucking annoying. I know I'm awesome and all but fuck..I get sick too. I'm not the only one that can cut really pretty meat. Ehh...maybe I am.

At least your jobs is cool, and you're not just answering a phone. How fucking hard is it to make other people actually work and not dick around?

Evening everyone! Glad to be back home and spinning some much missed vinyl. What are you good people listening to tonight (besides sportsball)

Same. I've been openly talking to the Cisco/HP dudes about new jobs too. Fuck having all the work put on you. When I called off sick 2 days in a row last week, my boss sounded so pissed. Well, how hard is it to make everyone else answer the damn phone?

At least your jobs is cool, and you're not just answering a phone. How fucking hard is it to make other people actually work and not dick around?

Dicking around and working with meat...I feel like there is a joke in there somewhere

I feel like I don't even have that option anymore. It's really fucking lame. I'm very "depended" on. I'd honestly rather not be.

I HATE this feeling. I think if people are sick then they should have the right to be home and be sick there . Too many times I've worked with a fever and it makes me so angry that I can't be home and rest. A few years ago I had a minor hand procedure and even with a doctor's note, they wanted me to be at work.

I hate this so much. I work in the parts department of a car dealership and I feel like this every day. Our dealership sells GM and Nissan Vehicles. We have 4 parts people (two at GM and two at Nissan, but we can all look up parts for either brand). One of the guys that works at Nissan has a medical condition and is getting a kidney transplant this Spring. He is on FMLA and misses a ton of work plus has dialysis three times a week. Normally, I'd be very sympathetic and accommodating, but this guy wasn't even a good employee to begin with, and I feel like he's really milking the whole situation. He almost never answers phone calls, neglects important responsibilities that hold everyone else up, and he's super forgetful.

A couple weeks ago he missed Monday through Thursday because he was sick. on Saturday a family member offers him tickets to a Broncos game and he decides that after missing almost an entire week of work, it's a good idea to take a 17 hour round trip drive to Denver and sit in the cold at the game all day Sunday and try and make it back in time to go to work on Monday. Of course he doesn't end up getting back to SLC until 1PM on Monday and he doesn't call and tell anyone. Our parts driver was sick that day as well, so I ended up driving, plus juggling responsibilities for his job and mine. Stuff like this has been going on since November, and he's not even scheduled to have the transplant until April. I'm losing my mind. 

No, fuck you, get your lazy ass back to work and be sick around my food. Thanks.

I worked in a kitchen and was so sick I was vomitting pretty much every 15-20 minutes. I called out and my manager tried to tell me I HAD to come in. I argued with him for so long that my dad overheard it and just drove to the restaurant and told the manager he'd call the health department if he ever gave me that kinda shit again.

So yeah, just remember that next time you're getting dinner.

I hate this so much. I work in the parts department of a car dealership and I feel like this every day. Our dealership sells GM and Nissan Vehicles. We have 4 parts people (two at GM and two at Nissan, but we can all look up parts for either brand). One of the guys that works at Nissan has a medical condition and is getting a kidney transplant this Spring. He is on FMLA and misses a ton of work plus has dialysis three times a week. Normally, I'd be very sympathetic and accommodating, but this guy wasn't even a good employee to begin with, and I feel like he's really milking the whole situation. He almost never answers phone calls, neglects important responsibilities that hold everyone else up, and he's super forgetful.

A couple weeks ago he missed Monday through Thursday because he was sick. on Saturday a family member offers him tickets to a Broncos game and he decides that after missing almost an entire week of work, it's a good idea to take a 17 hour round trip drive to Denver and sit in the cold at the game all day Sunday and try and make it back in time to go to work on Monday. Of course he doesn't end up getting back to SLC until 1PM on Monday and he doesn't call and tell anyone. Our parts driver was sick that day as well, so I ended up driving, plus juggling responsibilities for his job and mine. Stuff like this has been going on since November, and he's not even scheduled to have the transplant until April. I'm losing my mind. 

That is a shitty situation, but that is bullshit he milks it like that.

I worked in a kitchen and was so sick I was vomitting pretty much every 15-20 minutes. I called out and my manager tried to tell me I HAD to come in. I argued with him for so long that my dad overheard it and just drove to the restaurant and told the manager he'd call the health department if he ever gave me that kinda shit again.

So yeah, just remember that next time you're getting dinner.

Out of sight, out of mind. If the germs don't make me sick, they jut make me stronger.

That's absolutely crazy dude. No one person should have to carry the weight of an entire team.

No, fuck you, get your lazy ass back to work and be sick around my food. Thanks.

Luckily, you're going to cook whatever I sell you and burn off all my sickness  :P .

BmZRMyB.png

Man, I can't wait to finish uploading my lossless collection... taking forever. Next I have 200 hi-res files to convert so they can be uploaded, then on to my much larger MP3 collection. Nice google let's you upload 30,000 songs for free, and it matches some, but it certainly didn't match even a 1/4th my library. 

I now has 2 physical back-ups and a cloud back-up (google play converts everything to 320kbps, but nice since it lets you redownload it all). Hopefully that is enough in case of a disaster with my computer. 

I know this is crazy but do you guys feel like LPs aren't as rare as they used to be and don't hold their value as well anymore. Like I remember when I would kill for certain LPs 4-5 years ago. But now almost every album I want I can get now, but 5 years ago you were lucky to even find albums getting pressed while on flip side I feel like my old LPs don't feel as rare as they used to. Like collecting doesn't have that same OMG to it that it used to. :/ man idk I just feel like new LPs just keep getting more expensive while older ones keep getting cheaper.

I know this is crazy but do you guys feel like LPs aren't as rare as they used to be and don't hold their value as well anymore. Like I remember when I would kill for certain LPs 4-5 years ago. But now almost every album I want I can get now, but 5 years ago you were lucky to even find albums getting pressed while on flip side I feel like my old LPs don't feel as rare as they used to. Like collecting doesn't have that same OMG to it that it used to. :/ man idk I just feel like new LPs just keep getting more expensive while older ones keep getting cheaper.

Those PATD/FOB ones you put up sure did devalue. :P

Overall though more stuff is getting RPd since it's become more mainstream. Since there's a bigger market and it's a more popular market they can get away with charging more for a product, especially if it's a RP of an old OOP album since the RP is still cheaper even if it's a 30 dollar 1LP

I'm at the point where I just see shit that I remember sitting around distros and shit for $10-15 forever being heavily sought after and going for $50+

I started collecting vinyl when it was cheaper than buying a CD or digital download. Back then you'd have to drop at least $100 if you wanted Jane Doe tho.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic