I'm at the point where I just see shit that I remember sitting around distros and shit for $10-15 forever being heavily sought after and going for $50+

Pretty much the same. I miss $10-12 new LPs, not this $18+ shit. Come back to me 2004 vinyl prices!

Pretty much the same. I miss $10-12 new LPs, not this $18+ shit. Come back to me 2004 vinyl prices!

I feel this a lot. Not 2004 but I remember when going to the record store with $100 would get you 4-5 LPs and lot just 3. 

I started collecting vinyl when it was cheaper than buying a CD or digital download. Back then you'd have to drop at least $100 if you wanted Jane Doe tho.

This is why everyone is switching to cassettes now. But it's crazy to me because the music doesn't sound as nice on cassette. But they feel more personal than a CD because most bands don't put effort into cd releases anymore.

It's going to be so good. I oddly like Efron. He is a good actor, and is getting funny roles. And Adam Devine on top of it will be great. All that with the babe factor of Plaza, and Kendrick, instant win.

I want to see Dirty Grandpa too. Aubrey Plaza is number 1 on my list.

Also, my buddy who was supposed to go to see Caspian tomorrow in Pittsburgh is bailing on me. The last few times I've asked him to confirm if he is going he hasn't answered. Lame I'm missing it. Lame I wasted money on a ticket. Lame he leaves me hanging the day before the show and has yet to tell me. What's most lame is he doesn't have the balls to just tell me. Guess I'll have to wait till April to see them.

Work is already calling an early dismissal today because of expected winter weather. I get to go home today at noon instead of 3, which is cool I guess.

Hopefully the bad weather we're supposed to be getting doesn't last through to Friday; I'm supposed to be seeing Caspian, O'Brother, and Defeater in Portland that night.

Also, my buddy who was supposed to go to see Caspian tomorrow in Pittsburgh is bailing on me. The last few times I've asked him to confirm if he is going he hasn't answered. Lame I'm missing it. Lame I wasted money on a ticket. Lame he leaves me hanging the day before the show and has yet to tell me. What's most lame is he doesn't have the balls to just tell me. Guess I'll have to wait till April to see them.

That's some horseshit dude. Just fly up to Manchester, and you can catch the Portland show with me. Haha.

It's going to be so good. I oddly like Efron. He is a good actor, and is getting funny roles. And Adam Devine on top of it will be great. All that with the babe factor of Plaza, and Kendrick, instant win.

I want to see Dirty Grandpa too. Aubrey Plaza is number 1 on my list.

Damn dude hope he comes through, it is early but I understand your disappointment. That would suck if you had to miss them, second chance in 2 months or not. Just saw TWABP like 2 months ago and I'll be bummed if I miss them again next month

Morning all. What better day to go get your taxes done than a Monday morning huh? May as well make Monday as shitty as possible all the way around lol

I hate this so much. I work in the parts department of a car dealership and I feel like this every day. Our dealership sells GM and Nissan Vehicles. We have 4 parts people (two at GM and two at Nissan, but we can all look up parts for either brand). One of the guys that works at Nissan has a medical condition and is getting a kidney transplant this Spring. He is on FMLA and misses a ton of work plus has dialysis three times a week. Normally, I'd be very sympathetic and accommodating, but this guy wasn't even a good employee to begin with, and I feel like he's really milking the whole situation. He almost never answers phone calls, neglects important responsibilities that hold everyone else up, and he's super forgetful.

A couple weeks ago he missed Monday through Thursday because he was sick. on Saturday a family member offers him tickets to a Broncos game and he decides that after missing almost an entire week of work, it's a good idea to take a 17 hour round trip drive to Denver and sit in the cold at the game all day Sunday and try and make it back in time to go to work on Monday. Of course he doesn't end up getting back to SLC until 1PM on Monday and he doesn't call and tell anyone. Our parts driver was sick that day as well, so I ended up driving, plus juggling responsibilities for his job and mine. Stuff like this has been going on since November, and he's not even scheduled to have the transplant until April. I'm losing my mind. 

Situations like this one help put me in a shitty place self image wise because I am disabled, but fall into a category of those with invisible problems. People who are very obviously sick by just looking at them, but milk it for than they really suffer, make someone like me who looks young and as strong as a bull appear as though I am faking it, or at least this is how I worry people see me. I would give anything to be able to go to work every day and continue what my mind says I can do. Unfortunately, my body doesn't always want to play ball, so here I am. I know what makes me sicker, and I am sure to avoid such activity now, so for him to be sick enough to miss work but be just fine for a football game is just lame...

It's snowing like crazy outside, but it's still above freezing, so it's more like rain since it's just a really heavy wet snow. i doubt it's going to turn into 5 inches at this point, but we'll see.

It's snowing like crazy outside, but it's still above freezing, so it's more like rain since it's just a really heavy wet snow. i doubt it's going to turn into 5 inches at this point, but we'll see.

It was 40 last night and supposed to hit 80 today. I got hailed on for like 2 minutes walking to school last week (about the size of a pea). Phoenix is fucking weird.

Don't you hate being late to the party on music where the secondhand prices are ridiculous already? Can't believe I didn't hear Bark Psychosis until today and both albums are $150+ :( Damn these are some of the better post-rock albums I've heard

Welcome to the world of discovering awesome post rock bands.

Don't you hate being late to the party on music where the secondhand prices are ridiculous already? Can't believe I didn't hear Bark Psychosis until today and both albums are $150+ :( Damn these are some of the better post-rock albums I've heard 

Yeah, they call it starting to collect about a year and a half ago.

hello everybody...its Monday, im tired, im cold, blah blah.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is having a good start to the week.

T3, you seem better...

Yeah, a ton better. It was just some odd 2-3 day virus I guess.

Welcome to the world of discovering awesome post rock bands.

seems to be a trend eh? I saw secondhand prices on a few other bands, I'm going to try to expand the collection a little with the tax return. I'll probably have to focus towards some of the cheaper wants I've had in this genre like The For Carnation and Rachel's, might spring for come on die young but haven't decided

seems to be a trend eh? I saw secondhand prices on a few other bands, I'm going to try to expand the collection a little with the tax return. I'll probably have to focus towards some of the cheaper wants I've had in this genre like The For Carnation and Rachel's, might spring for come on die young but haven't decided

Yeah, cause a lot of good post rock is pressed over seas, but in small numbers. On top of that, they usually aren't repressed. It's an expensive genre to love. Haha.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic