I've got a pool of like 120 sophomores to pull from and it's really a matter of picking the lesser of evils. Used to be friends with some other people who liked music a bit more last year, but that's another story for another time

More like lesser of morons. I'm sure your pool is a little better than mine was. Imagine moving from a huge public school in CA, to a hick ass town in VA. Everyone I went to school with was redneck. So they all listened to rap and top 40. One person, ONE, in my entire school listened to a fraction of what I did. Needless to say I had no one to talk to music about.

People at my school had never heard of Nirvana...

Oh, apparently I am going to go get my driver's license next week. Guess I better learn how to parallel park.

Parallel parking was not even part of my driving test here, 14 years ago. We did maneuverability, which was just turning in cones. It was super simple.

Oh, apparently I am going to go get my driver's license next week. Guess I better learn how to parallel park.

I've put off my permit for almost six months and I have to get it within the 6-month window to avoid having another check-up and signature from the doctor...only out of necessity, though. Still petrified.

The National are playing at Red Rocks the night after I see the Avett Brothers there. I might have to extend this trip a day longer. Last time they were here it was the same night as Bob Dylan, Wilco, and My Morning Jacket. I kind of regretted missing The National.

Red Rocks is truly the best venue I've ever been to, it's quite an experience

I always find it funny when I get hit on by sorority girls. It's really odd how a small handful have a alt. guy phase where they are attracted to dudes in my 'scene'. This girl was incredibly good looking so I was all for it. The one good thing about the small town I live in is that it's where Randolph Macon College is, and damn are some of those girls gorgeous.

Also, that Bossk pre oreder is up in case anyone missed it. 2 variants are already sold out (bummer). I suggest snagged it.

Order: http://store.deathwishinc.com/category/new.html

New track: http://www.punktastic.com/news/bossk-announce-new-album-audio-noir/

I grabbed that first thing this morning...managed to get the /300 variant, but all three color ways are pretty sweet. Also grabbed the 7" because once again, DW offered it to me for cheap, and I bit. They're really smart, those Deathwishers.

More like lesser of morons. I'm sure your pool is a little better than mine was. Imagine moving from a huge public school in CA, to a hick ass town in VA. Everyone I went to school with was redneck. So they all listened to rap and top 40. One person, ONE, in my entire school listened to a fraction of what I did. Needless to say I had no one to talk to music about.

People at my school had never heard of Nirvana...

I have the opposite problem. I go to a catholic school that is expensive to go to (fuck that on many levels) so 90% of the people here are the stereotypical self absorbed spoiled rich kid type. 9% are the scary really really really catholic types, and that remaining 1% are people who I can at least tolerate. I have no problem with people who have money, you have no control over what you are born with, but I do have a problem with the people who are completely self absorbed and think what makes you great/important is who can spend their parent's money the best/fastest. You know the kind of people I am talking about, right? I can't quite explain what I mean.

I grabbed that first thing this morning...managed to get the /300 variant, but all three color ways are pretty sweet. Also grabbed the 7" because once again, DW offered it to me for cheap, and I bit. They're really smart, those Deathwishers.

Yeah, I grabbed the blob as well. They're all back up now. Cart hoarders and all. Haha. And the 7" is great. I have it already. Pick Up Artist is a killer song.

Parallel parking was not even part of my driving test here, 14 years ago. We did maneuverability, which was just turning in cones. It was super simple.

It may or may not be depending on the DMV I go to. It's either that or a three point turn. I can do both of those usually, it's just that their spaces are so fucking big I end up having trouble especially on the parallel parking. They're like 1.75 normal spaces and it's awkward as hell because I am used to parking in something smaller.

I have the opposite problem. I go to a catholic school that is expensive to go to (fuck that on many levels) so 90% of the people here are the stereotypical self absorbed spoiled rich kid type. 9% are the scary really really really catholic types, and that remaining 1% are people who I can at least tolerate. I have no problem with people who have money, you have no control over what you are born with, but I do have a problem with the people who are completely self absorbed and think what makes you great/important is who can spend their parent's money the best/fastest. You know the kind of people I am talking about, right? I can't quite explain what I mean.

Yeah, I know the type. I went to Catholic school for one year. I think it was either 4th or 5th grade. It was K-12. I didn't really socialize while I was there, but I definitely know they type. They are kind of odd to explain. They're a group of people who can only understand if you meet them, but not really put to words. Funny thing is my Dad was talking to me about 'em the other day. He grew up in rural Ohio. He didn't even meet anyone like that until he got his license. All he knew was poor cause he and his friends never left his neighborhood. What an odd way to discover things. But yeah, those people are some of the lamest of lame, dumbest of dumb. I think they get worse as time goes on cause they have dumber things to be self absorbed about and spend their money on.

I'm not super familiar with their stuff...only ever heard the song that was on the sampler a couple years ago. But DW is one of the very few labels I'm willing to buy something blind. 99% chance I'll love it, 100% chance I can sell it to someone else if I don't.

You're really going to dig it. After all it's members of Baroness, Cult of Luna, and Yndi Halda.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic