Adding all the records I bought this week to my shelf, and it's at the annoying part where I have to shift records on every shelf for them to fit if I want to keep them organized. I'm also really close to running out of room on by 2x2.

i need to go through mine and shift things around a ton. i have some cubes with no room and some with a bunch of space. 

at least shifting things around on a 2x2 isn't sooooo bad ;)

True, but it still sucks putting an A record in, then having to move some from the end of 1, 2 and 3, just to get it to fit. It would be 100 time worse with more I bet. If I had a bigger shelf, and a ton more records, I'd make sure to leave more room on shelves, so the shift would not have to happen nearly as often. 

True, but it still sucks putting an A record in, then having to move some from the end of 1, 2 and 3, just to get it to fit. It would be 100 time worse with more I bet. If I had a bigger shelf, and a ton more records, I'd make sure to leave more room on shelves, so the shift would not have to happen nearly as often. 

for sure. definitely way worse when you've got more cubes to deal with. i've got 3 2x4s and that's why i've been putting off reorganizing for so long. i left a bunch of space in each cube initially, but apparently i just buy way more records in certain parts of the alphabet than others. 

I always try and leave a fair amount of open space when I get new shelving, but it never lasts.

Yeah, I bet that would happen to me too. I like the space, since it always make me worry about ring wear when they are nice and snug in the shelf. I still try to leave a bit of wriggle room, even if it is hardly any. I notice when I don't, the records next to the one I taking out/putting it like to move with them.

for sure. definitely way worse when you've got more cubes to deal with. i've got 3 2x4s and that's why i've been putting off reorganizing for so long. i left a bunch of space in each cube initially, but apparently i just buy way more records in certain parts of the alphabet than others. 

I also seem to buy records from certain parts of the alphabet too. I have a ton of "S" records for some reason. Yeah, I can certainly see putting off organizing that many records. It took me forever to get motivated to do one shelf, so I doubt I ever would with that many.

Yeah, I bet that would happen to me too. I like the space, since it always make me worry about ring wear when they are nice and snug in the shelf. I still try to leave a bit of wriggle room, even if it is hardly any. I notice when I don't, the records next to the one I taking out/putting it like to move with them.

I also seem to buy records from certain parts of the alphabet too. I have a ton of "S" records for some reason. Yeah, I can certainly see putting off organizing that many records. It took me forever to get motivated to do one shelf, so I doubt I ever would with that many.

ha. i actually don't think i buy that many S's. probably like a standardish amount of incoming S's and T's. for some reason, my C's and H buys got out of hand for a while. and M's. soooo many M's. 

space is nice and i wish i didn't feel like i was shoving as many as i could into a cube. but i'm pretty much out of space at this point and no room for any more shelves :( 

i just realized i do have one single cube that has all my board games in it and not records, so i could move that stuff and shift everything and spread it out. but if i'm going to be moving in a few months and packing everything up/unpacking/reorganizing on the other end, then hardly seems worth it. 

space is nice and i wish i didn't feel like i was shoving as many as i could into a cube. but i'm pretty much out of space at this point and no room for any more shelves :(

I'm at this point too.  I think I can get one more 2x4 in my apartment if I get real creative.  Right now I'm just stashing stuff where I can find space, organization will have to happen at another point.

I'm at this point too.  I think I can get one more 2x4 in my apartment if I get real creative.  Right now I'm just stashing stuff where I can find space, organization will have to happen at another point.

ha yeah. it's all about the creative solutions. i've joked about switching to paper plates and using my cabinets for extra record storage haha. don't think my roommate would be on board with that though. plus. the environment :( 

you can always go the expedit bed route ;)

ExpeditBed4-600x401-11-665x400.jpg

Some of my movies got corrupt from the old drive, and they keep crashing my computer whenever it comes across one when I try to transfer it to the new drive. It crashes when I try to open them too. I might just have to call my movies a loss, and start over on those. At least my music seems safe.

ha yeah. it's all about the creative solutions. i've joked about switching to paper plates and using my cabinets for extra record storage haha. don't think my roommate would be on board with that though. plus. the environment :(

you can always go the expedit bed route ;)

ExpeditBed4-600x401-11-665x400.jpg

Exbedit™

3AtRvdn.png

I like how windows decided to stop calculating the time it will take to transfer my files. It said an hour, then a day, and now nothing, but the speed has not changed at all. Laptop is dying too :(. I sure love technology! 

Damn, you must have moved a ton of stuff then. I tried to used the usb port on my router, and I was getting a nice 2 MB/s over wifi, and I'm sure wired would not be much better.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic