I missed all the floor talk, but hardwood forever a and ever, amen.

Can't wait to rip out my carpets.

Today we took out the shittily installed and poorly stained crown molding, and took a bunch of nails and screws out of the wall, removed the shitty glass slider door from the tub, got a bunch of stuff taped and prepped for painting, patched holes in the walls, and last night I changed and re-keyed all the locks, so we only need one key. We're going back to finish taping and prepping tonight. Tomorrow we paint the walls and ceilings, and refinish the tub, then start ripping out carpet.

Our CVT for the kitchen came in today, so we should pick that up tomorrow and put it in there to get acclimated (72 hours) and I can install it on Thursday while the furnace/gas lines get installed and our stuff gets moved.

Putting in a dual flush toilet Sunday probably.

WHEW.

removed the shitty glass slider door from the tub

I need to do that to mine, I hate the glass doors.

Always fun working on a new house, so much to do, so much potential. It can be annoying, but so worth it. Enjoy that shit John!

I missed all the floor talk, but hardwood forever a and ever, amen.

Can't wait to rip out my carpets.

Today we took out the shittily installed and poorly stained crown molding, and took a bunch of nails and screws out of the wall, removed the shitty glass slider door from the tub, got a bunch of stuff taped and prepped for painting, patched holes in the walls, and last night I changed and re-keyed all the locks, so we only need one key. We're going back to finish taping and prepping tonight. Tomorrow we paint the walls and ceilings, and refinish the tub, then start ripping out carpet.

Our CVT for the kitchen came in today, so we should pick that up tomorrow and put it in there to get acclimated (72 hours) and I can install it on Thursday while the furnace/gas lines get installed and our stuff gets moved.

Putting in a dual flush toilet Sunday probably.

WHEW.

Sounds like you've had an incredibly productive day so far! Bet it's going to be nice to make a place your own, truly.

Also, pretty neat about the dual flush! I studied sustainable design for homes, and would honestly love to be able to incorporate a grey water reuse system in whatever home I end up in, among other good plans. Good luck and hope it all goes smoothly : )

Holy shit.

One request I just noticed was "anything new", 85gig. Just fulfilled it, so hopefully they don't cancel it!

By the way, new album is fucking fantastic. Want me to upload it for you Matt?

I need to do that to mine, I hate the glass doors.

Always fun working on a new house, so much to do, so much potential. It can be annoying, but so worth it. Enjoy that shit John!

I love ittttttt.

Sounds like you've had an incredibly productive day so far! Bet it's going to be nice to make a place your own, truly.

Also, pretty neat about the dual flush! I studied sustainable design for homes, and would honestly love to be able to incorporate a grey water reuse system in whatever home I end up in, among other good plans. Good luck and hope it all goes smoothly : )

I'm amped about the dual flush. My wife didn't let me get the toilet seat with the built-in nightlight today, but probably next week I'll sneak it. :ph34r:

I love ittttttt.

I'm amped about the dual flush. My wife didn't let me get the toilet seat with the built-in nightlight today, but probably next week I'll sneak it. :ph34r:

Built-in nightlight? That sounds pretty fucking amazing.

One request I just noticed was "anything new", 85gig. Just fulfilled it, so hopefully they don't cancel it!

By the way, new album is fucking fantastic. Want me to upload it for you Matt?

I hate to jump on this, but could you upload it Thomas? I won't be spinning mine when it gets in, so would love to hear it.

Yeah, no problem, uploading it now.

Edit: My Yndi Halda ‎- Enjoy Eternal Bliss repress has nice bubbly labels, and has a ton of surface noise. Oh well, guess it is common on the repress, but it's not too distracting. The bubble label feels like it is about to fall off though, but it obviously does not affect the playback.

Once again, Redscroll Records' Discogs account comes through for me...finally grabbed a copy of Dalek's "Absence" for cheap - $18 + shipping for a 2xLP. I've been trying to get a copy of this for a while and haven't wanted to pay outrageous international shipping for it. Glad to see a copy made it stateside.

Once again, Redscroll Records' Discogs account comes through for me...finally grabbed a copy of Dalek's "Absence" for cheap - $18 + shipping for a 2xLP. I've been trying to get a copy of this for a while and haven't wanted to pay outrageous international shipping for it. Glad to see a copy made it stateside.

I want to drive up there one day and go through their used section. I wonder how many LPs I would walk out with...

Almost all of my discogs purchases were through them.

I want to drive up there one day and go through their used section. I wonder how many LPs I would walk out with...

Almost all of my discogs purchases were through them.

I would love to do that to a ton of those huge used sellers on discogs, that actually have a more modern selection. 

I've had good luck with them as well.  The prices aren't always fantastic, but I've never felt like they're too high.

Matt, I just grabbed a 2TB Seagate external off Amazon for $85. It's a red case, so it was $5 cheaper than the normal black for some reason. I still had $10 in amazon credit, so was only $75 total. Not a bad deal at all.

Just grabbed all the files off my bad external, so now to just wait for the new one. Hopefully next paycheck I can get a new laptop with a ssd.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic