I'm also in the day off, work up too early. I went to bed at 3, and woke up at 730 :(. I hate that my body is finally adjusting to waking up early.

even my dog is adjusted to this early morning nonsense because normally she doesn't usually get up till about 11am or so but she's up and running around

even my dog is adjusted to this early morning nonsense because normally she doesn't usually get up till about 11am or so but she's up and running around

Haha, that is kind of funny. I've never heard of a dog sleeping in.

Just picked up a few Bowie reissues. I need to cub my spending soon, been spending too much lately. Also canceled my Amazon order for the external, and picked up that 3TB external Matt talked about from Best Buy.

EDit: Brian, still interested in that Look Mexico record?

First day off since I started my new job working with a teenager who has autism. Unfortunately I got swimmer's ear on our first outing, so I've gotta go to the hospital and deal with that before I can go to the record store. I remember I used to have this problem as a kid, constantly getting water in my ears. I'm lucky to still have hearing I suppose.

Morning y'all. Spending my Saturday tidying up the record shelves. Doing some much needed dusting, replacing dust jackets that need it...also, I'm taking some old mailers and cutting them up to make spacers, so that my records stay flush with the front of the shelf instead of pushing back towards the wall where it's harder to see them.

I swear this board is the worst enabler of all when it comes to spending obscene amounts of time and money on a fellas record collection. I love it.

Topshelf's whole digital catalog is free for the next 24 hours. I've only listened to Wildhoney, A Great Big Pile of Leaves, Toe, and YEYEY, but I've loved them all. Anything else I should check out?

seconding what other folks have said. also have mercy, the jazz june, caravels, you blew it!, pianos become the teeth, the city on film (fuck yeah, bob nanna!), and weatherbox

Morning! I really need to go back to sleep. It's my day off and Iv been up since 6am.

Ha ! The same thing with me ! It's my Sunday and I've been up since 7am. These early working hours really fuck up our days off. I wanted to watch silicon valley with my roommates last night but I fell asleep at 10pm.

I'm also in the day off, work up too early. I went to bed at 3, and woke up at 730 :(. I hate that my body is finally adjusting to waking up early.

ha i did the same thing. passed out at like 11 last night than randomly woke up at 4am and finally went back to sleep at around 7. it's my only real day off this weekend since i'm randomly working tomorrow. fully plan on spending it in bed with netflix being as lazy as possible. even though i should proooooobably do productive things. 

also, good morning!

also also, fuck yeah, silicon valley! such a great show. fully plan on binge re-watching seasons 1 and 2 before the new season starts in april. if you guys like SV and have prime, there was a great amazon original show that came out before SV called Betas. sadly, they only made one season of it, but definitely worth a watch. i think might actually binge re-watch it today, since i got work access to amazon streaming ;)

Cam's a good friend of mine. I can't say as I enjoy the music but his lyrics made a HUGE progression from their first album to the latest, and I'm really proud of him for it.

The lyrics on that album fucking kill me, I'm really excited to finally see them within the next month or two here

also Sorority Noise, I love those kids. Joy, Departed is one of the best albums in Topshelf's catalog

Cam's a good friend of mine. I can't say as I enjoy the music but his lyrics made a HUGE progression from their first album to the latest, and I'm really proud of him for it.

I need to give Joy, Departed a listen today. I bought the record randomly pretty cheap due to hearing good things and totally shit the bed on ever listening to it. That'll happen today. I also ordered their new 7" last night. Digging that new tune they released a lot.

I need to give Joy, Departed a listen today. I bought the record randomly pretty cheap due to hearing good things and totally shit the bed on ever listening to it. That'll happen today. I also ordered their new 7" last night. Digging that new tune they released a lot.

yeah I ordered the 7" the other night, got that blue/white, good thing we get that VC discount came to just under $10 shipped

Yuppp! $8.75ppd I think. I was grabbing a bunch of downloads and saw that and said why the hell not. I almost grabbed Pneuma too. But I held off. 

I couldn't get into that, I'm pretty picky with the real screamy stuff, most of it doesn't do it for me. You might want to check out Frameworks if that kinda stuff is your bag though, since its a free download

I couldn't get into that, I'm pretty picky with the real screamy stuff, most of it doesn't do it for me. You might want to check out Frameworks if that kinda stuff is your bag though, since its a free download

I tried to get into them since they just signed to Deathwish.  Didn't hate it, but I can't see myself picking up the new album either.

I tried to get into them since they just signed to Deathwish.  Didn't hate it, but I can't see myself picking up the new album either.

yeah my friend bought Loom, and played it for me when we hung out. It was ok, I wouldn't personally buy it, but I thought it was a decent album I'd recommend to fans of the genre

yeah my friend bought Loom, and played it for me when we hung out. It was ok, I wouldn't personally buy it, but I thought it was a decent album I'd recommend to fans of the genre

My introduction to Frameworks was seeing them live w. United Nations & MLIW. Their live show is what sold me on 'em. I wouldn't put them on any top-ten-of-the-genre lists or anything, but I do enjoy them quite a bit.

Adding all the records I bought this week to my shelf, and it's at the annoying part where I have to shift records on every shelf for them to fit if I want to keep them organized. I'm also really close to running out of room on by 2x2.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic