I'v been trying to think of a nicer way to say this for like 10 minutes now. Thanks Bruce.

THE GREATEST LOVERS WERE MURDERERS FIRST

Honestly when listening to music, especially something screamy, lyrics are the last thing to hit me. I don't know why, but unless I sit down with the liner notes they totally just pass me by for a solid 5-10 listens. Regardless of how the lyrical content hits me personally Romeo is a killer song and I love the hell out of that guitar part.

And for the record, I have had a drink or two (not enough to get majorly fucked up mind you) and I'm not "straight edge" because I'm scared or whatever the common thing that's thrown at it is, I just don't see any appeal personally in getting completely fucked up at this point in my life. Partially because I know people who do and are total tools.

It actually might be the fact that you have a copy of this record. And it came out when you couldn't form a complete thought. Maybe I'm jealous. <3.

Totally have been keeping an eye out for a copy for you <3<3

Honestly when listening to music, especially something screamy, lyrics are the last thing to hit me. I don't know why, but unless I sit down with the liner notes they totally just pass me by for a solid 5-10 listens. Regardless of how the lyrical content hits me personally Romeo is a killer song and I love the hell out of that guitar part.

And for the record, I have had a drink or two (not enough to get majorly fucked up mind you) and I'm not "straight edge" because I'm scared or whatever the common thing that's thrown at it is, I just don't see any appeal personally in getting completely fucked up at this point in my life. Partially because I know people who do and are total tools.

Totally have been keeping an eye out for a copy for you <3<3

Ah read ETID lyrics fool. They are so good.

It was going to be North Carolina but now it's going to be either SF or Boston. Both are expensive but really fun places

I was in SF for a week and actual SF proper was such a clusterfuck I was about to lose my mind. Partially because we were driving and my dad is a shitty driver though. I bet it would have been a lot of fun if I was walking and not with my family. Really cool city and a bunch of cool record stores.

To be fair, that album came out and I loved it when I was a straight edge teenager.

I mean, we'll see what the future holds. Straight edge just seems like the best way to operate right now.

Furthering my straight edge, litereally almost every teacher on campus keeps trying to make me join AcDec. Kinda tempted because the topic is WWII and that's some cool shit plus they said they'd cook the books a bit and count it as both the last arts credit and PE credit I need.

help out a brother who never participates in this thread:

my fiancee found out her doctoral placement is in hawaii, and we'll be there a few years. i had figured i'd be driving all our shit wherever we ended up so there would be little to no shipping of personal items, but this kind of throws a wrench in the gears. i'll probably end up selling a lot of records, but for the ones i want to keep: anyone have advice on mailing hundreds of records?

PM Dave Grohl (matt).

Dude just moved across the country and mailed his records.

PM Dave Grohl (matt).

Dude just moved across the country and mailed his records.

And I think he just used boxes from Home Depot. Each box might have held a little less than an cube of records and was maybe 40ish per box? He will remember better than me, but it was somewhere around this. 

To be fair, that album came out and I loved it when I was a straight edge teenager.

Same.

Sorry I slept all day and just logged back in....

No plans ! Staying home and getting caught up with everything going on in my life. I'm moving at the end of May so I'm trying to cut my hoard down at least by half.

Nice, always nice to just have time off to get shit done. Good luck with the move, both cities you mentioned in another post look awesome. One day I will take the plunge and move too.

I can't sleep for some reason, so I've been listening to The Gloria Record all evening. I'm now sad, but in the best way possible. These 2 EPs and one album was not enough.

I'm 30 but I don't feel like an adult yet. Maybe once I move it'll feel more real. The gray hair is real though :ph34r:

How's the new house ?

It's awesooooome! We're still not fully unpacked yet, but just having our own internet connection that works well and being able to do laundry whenever without quarters is like...heavenly. :) I have one grey hair. ONE.

Let me be real here. The only ETID song I know full is Moor.

THERE ARE TERRIBLE MEN, I'M ONE SO I SHOULD KNOW. HEAVEN SMILES ON ME NOW AND THEN BUT THE DEVILS ALWAYS HAD HOOKS IN.

I've never even heard this album.

Go listen to Burial Plot Bidding War, Last Night in Town, and Hot Damn! like, now

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic