I don't think my laptop is going to last much longer. I can't use the SD slot and usb ports at the same time, the track pad is dead, wifi card is dead, hard drive is slowing down bad. I've been looking at new ones for weeks, but really can't find anything I like in my price range. Do I just want to say fuck it and get a Mac?

Edit: And when the hell did computer companies decide they no longer wanted customers to upgrade RAM/HDD in laptops? I looked at a few when I was at office max, and none had the little access area to upgrade on the bottom. A few guides I looked up online for the laptop, made you take the whole thing apart, and take the mobo out to just put in RAM. That;s fucking stupid.

I don't think my laptop is going to last much longer. I can't use the SD slot and usb ports at the same time, the track pad is dead, wifi card is dead, hard drive is slowing down bad. I've been looking at new ones for weeks, but really can't find anything I like in my price range. Do I just want to say fuck it and get a Mac?

Edit: And when the hell did computer companies decide they no longer wanted customers to upgrade RAM/HDD in laptops? I looked at a few when I was at office max, and none had the little access area to upgrade on the bottom. A few guides I looked up online for the laptop, made you take the whole thing apart, and take the mobo out to just put in RAM. That;s fucking stupid.

If you do go with a MacBook, be aware that anything after 2011 gets harder and harder to upgrade. Late 2011 was the last of the fully upgradable MacBooks. I found one on Craigslist for $350 that came with two Magsafe chargers and a battery that had just been replaced. I replaced the main hard drive with a 256GB solid state drive that the OS boots from, and pulled out the optical drive. I bought an adapter and used the empty space from the optical drive to install a 2TB secondary hard drive that I store all my media on. One of these days I'll buy an enclosure for the optical drive so I can just hook it up with a USB port incase I need to use it again. I might upgrade from the 8GB of ram I have now to 16GB, but honestly, it's pretty quick the way it is right now. 

It's been an awesome computer so far. I love it.

Earlier this evening I almost got t-boned by someone who wasn't paying attention and flew through a red light. Almost immediately afterwards, I let a cute lil' possum safely trot across the street and it made me forget about the whole "almost got t-boned" thing until like an hour ago. Funny how things work like that.

Yes to Mac ! I didn't have enough money for a MacBook so I got a lenovo and I've regretted it ever since. I should have just saved up and got the one I wanted.

Yes to Mac ! I didn't have enough money for a MacBook so I got a lenovo and I've regretted it ever since. I should have just saved up and got the one I wanted.

I'm so cheap though, and love upgrading my stuff. I don't know. I need to decide soon, since my laptop is just barely hanging on. Might toss an SSD in it and use it to play my digital music, to get rid of the annoying streaming over airplay.

I hope my IIOI shows up today. It was in PA last night, and generally they show up the next day when tracking shows it there, but there has been no update since 5pm last night.

I hope my IIOI shows up today. It was in PA last night, and generally they show up the next day when tracking shows it there, but there has been no update since 5pm last night.

I've been thinking I'd have like 3 packages come for the last few days, just checked tracking on one and hasn't updated since Tues it's not expected until Monday it just rarely takes until the expected delivery date

I've been thinking I'd have like 3 packages come for the last few days, just checked tracking on one and hasn't updated since Tues it's not expected until Monday it just rarely takes until the expected delivery date

Yeah, it's usually early or late, never on time it seems.

I was banking on one of the local joints to have a copy, but no luck. Got a copy of Galaxie 500's Today instead.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic