New job prospect is about 40 minutes away. I really don't want to do it, but it's $6/hr more. I might do it for a year to get more in my savings, and delay my move another year.

Saving money is always good.

6 hours down, 9 to go.

Good luck!

Yessss! it was just announced since Obama is in town tomorrow at 1, we get off at noon!

Saving money is always good.

for sure. I want my funds to be as high as possible when I move. I have just enough to pay off my student loans in my bank account, so my net worth is only around $500 right now. I want around $5-6k to move across country. My car is probably not going to last much longer either, so need more money for that.

that's not too bad T3, the way I look at it is, I get more time to listen to tunes!

I just hate driving. My anxiety sucks, and makes driving annoying since I tend to get agoraphobic when driving for some reason. More tunes time is always good.

Yeah, listening to an album I really love tends to keep my mind off of it. The problem is when I get stuck in traffic, and start to feel anxious. It's worse on the highway, since there is no where to really pull over to get out of my car to calm down.

Yeah, listening to an album I really love tends to keep my mind off of it. The problem is when I get stuck in traffic, and start to feel anxious. It's worse on the highway, since there is no where to really pull over to get out of my car to calm down.

driving long distances and on freeways stresses me the hell out.

for sure. I want my funds to be as high as possible when I move. I have just enough to pay off my student loans in my bank account, so my net worth is only around $500 right now. I want around $5-6k to move across country. My car is probably not going to last much longer either, so need more money for that.

Good idea, when I moved to Austin I didn't even have savings or a job and it was rough for a while.

I tend to put on a podcast to calm down if I get anxiety while driving.

Yea, podcasts work the same way for me.

I love driving. My drive across the country was amazing.

I used to love driving too, until my damn anxiety started. It all started because I passed out for no reason one day. The fear of it happening again is always in the back of my mind, and obviously I don't want it to happen when I'm driving. It is annoying, but it's a lot better, but driving still is annoying for me.

Good idea, when I moved to Austin I didn't even have savings or a job and it was rough for a while.

Yeah, Austin seems like it is getting more and more expensive. I do have family to live with, but I'd rather not have to rely on them when I make my move. Hopefully I'll be down there next month for a week, which will only happen if I get the new job, since it does not start until May 9th. Having a month off to travel to Austin, Omaha, and Portland will be fucking amazing.

Yeah, Austin seems like it is getting more and more expensive. I do have family to live with, but I'd rather not have to rely on them when I make my move. Hopefully I'll be down there next month for a week, which will only happen if I get the new job, since it does not start until May 9th. Having a month off to travel to Austin, Omaha, and Portland will be fucking amazing.

Ohh man that does sound FUCKING amazing!

Yup, it will be expensive, but worth it. Sometimes you just need to spend money on yourself. I have the tendency to horde it all in my bank account, and never enjoy it. That money won't mean shit if I were to die for some reason, and all it would mean is worked at a job I hate for no reason.

More so than city driving? Freeway driving long distances is way more simple.

not both at the same time necessarily. Our freeways get nuts though, but downtown anywhere is the worst. I had a 18 wheeler change lanes on top of me and almost run me off the road. I had to change lanes fast and would have wrecked if the guy in the lane next to me didn't hit his brakes hard to let me over when he heard me holding down the horn for 10 seconds solid. Surface streets for the rest of that drive. Practically shit myself. Being run off the road ay 65+MPH makes for a bad time

not both at the same time necessarily. Our freeways get nuts though, but downtown anywhere is the worst. I had a 18 wheeler change lanes on top of me and almost run me off the road. I had to change lanes fast and would have wrecked if the guy in the lane next to me didn't hit his brakes hard to let me over when he heard me holding down the horn for 10 seconds solid. Surface streets for the rest of that drive. Practically shit myself. Being run off the road ay 65+MPH makes for a bad time

Welcome to driving! Situational awareness is key. I never stay near semi's unless I'm forced to. I always speed up to pass, or drive slow to lag behind.

Welcome to driving! Situational awareness is key. I never stay near semi's unless I'm forced to. I always speed up to pass, or drive slow to lag behind.

Also has some jackass at a red light decide he needed to go from the far right lane to the left hand turn lane and came at me fast as hell with nowhere to go. Dumb fuck literally stopped maybe 6 inches if that away from my vehicle after slamming on the brakes. The other cars and I were all looking at each other just kinda dumbfounded. Fuck driving.

I want to take a road trip to some National Parks or just see some fantastic scenery and camp out around the US, when I get some vacation hopefully that's what I'll do.

Last year for my birthday, I flew out to Vegas and immediately hopped in a rental car and hit: Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell (Horseshoe Bend), Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Capital Reef and Zion.

I highly highly highly suggest this.

Agh man, that happened to me one time and there were concrete barriers to the right of me and I drove up on the barrier and it popped my tire, the 18 wheeler kept going and luckily there was exit ramp near that I got off at. Horrifying.

Side note: the new Captain America: Civil War trailer is awesome.

Last year for my birthday, I flew out to Vegas and immediately hopped in a rental car and hit: Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell (Horseshoe Bend), Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Capital Reef and Zion.

I'm seriously going to take note of this. Thanks!!

There's tons of beautiful scenery down there.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic