Just talk to him and explain that during Xhour-Xhour you're on break and would appreciate being left alone to relax and eat. Also explain why you prefer to stay in and not spend money that you don't have to. If your boss isn't someone who can understand that...then that's pretty fucked up and you should bug them during their lunch break.

Thanks for the advice.  I think I'm going to kind of... 'announce' when I'm going to eat and see how that works.  I'm going to be having an evaluation soon, too, so if mentioning to him that I'm going to eat lunch doesn't end up working, I'll take it a little further and say to him some variation of what you've suggested.

Opinions needed:

If you were a lazy piece of shit who left your TV somewhere because you didn't want to pack it, would you demand that those people who now are watching that TV pay you "rent" for it?

...at about 1/3 of its original retail price.

I think that's fucked and my old roommate is hounding me to pay him and make everyone chip in to do so. I told him that I would gladly pay him a fraction of what he's asking out of my own pocket and let it be. Or to sell it to us at a decent price because fuck renting a TV from someone who is technically a friend.

That's.....weird.  If he was living there still and wanted help paying for the cable bill that's one thing, but leaving something behind and expecting nobody to use it while it's in a space that doesn't belong to him any longer is crazy.  Just dump it on his doorstep of where ever he's living now, say you did him a favor and call it a day, haha.  I wouldn't entertain the idea of "renting" a TV for a second.

That's.....weird.  If he was living there still and wanted help paying for the cable bill that's one thing, but leaving something behind and expecting nobody to use it while it's in a space that doesn't belong to him any longer is crazy.  Just dump it on his doorstep of where ever he's living now, say you did him a favor and call it a day, haha.  I wouldn't entertain the idea of "renting" a TV for a second.

I would totally do that...but he moved from MN to NY. It's also something like 56" flatscreen mounted to the wall that he bought in a 2 pack of large televisions. How much more american can someone get, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JzaqWRGhhwU

If you don't feel like going to bed just yet Diplo, A-Track, and everyone's favorite Skrillex are doing a concert stream. Right now they are just streaming the new major lazer album that came out today.

And there is some karaoke thing after their sets that should just be a shit show.

EDIT: The album was pretty good. Diplo is a hilarious dude. https://twitter.com/diplo . The random people doing karaoke was stupid, but worth it to watch Diplo freestyle.

You guy's I might sneak out for the first time tonight to see transit, if my friend pulls though for me (doubt it because he has to work) it's still a possibility though.

Who has any tricks and tips for sneaking out to shows?

...and I can't see what you write from now on.

Anyone have a term paper that felt like it took forever to write? I have a 10 page one right now, and I've had longer ones (up to 22-23 pages) but holy shit I feel like I've been writing this one forever and its way more challenging than it needs to be. It just seems like it never ends.

You guy's I might sneak out for the first time tonight to see transit, if my friend pulls though for me (doubt it because he has to work) it's still a possibility though.

Who has any tricks and tips for sneaking out to shows?

Jump from the highest window of your house

I forgot to approve my timecard at work today. Big deal, right?

Well, where I work (a dining hall on my school's campus), if we forget to approve our timecard twice in one semester, there's a chance that we might get terminated. Yup; we could get fired for not approving the amount of hours we worked on a system that already does that for us anyways. All that happens if we forget about it is that we have to sign off on the hours on paper, rather than electronically. So, the school would rather save $0.10 on a piece of paper than allow some forgetful person to keep their job. Seems reasonable, right?

So, guess who might get fired, three weeks before quitting, because it's the second time this has happened (the first time being in January)?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic