It isn't a VC issue, its an IP boards issue since they provide the service. You can do all that stuff, it is in My Settings but I'd guess most people check My Profile first. It's a nomenclature issue and a great example of why language used is an important part of UX design, or design in general. 

I'd say this board is decent in terms of feature set and how intuitive things are but there is certainly a whole bunch of tweaks I'd make. 

No I understand it's the IP boards, not VC... and I can find WHERE to do all of these things... but they don't work hahaha. Nothing changes.

No I understand it's the IP boards, not VC... and I can find WHERE to do all of these things... but they don't work hahaha. Nothing changes.

Not to be an ass, but are you clicking save changes? I tried to change my avatar but didn't click that and nothing happened, wasn't til I saw that at the bottom of the screen that anything changed.

Not to be an ass, but are you clicking save changes? I tried to change my avatar but didn't click that and nothing happened, wasn't til I saw that at the bottom of the screen that anything changed.

Yeah... the buttons just don't work for me. It's not a huge deal it's just weird. It could be my computer here at work, I don't know.

I am thinking about ignoring more people. I currently only block big hairy stinky muff. I don't want to do this because it can make threads confusing when posts are missing and I might want to sell records to them, but at the same time I cringe at almost everyone of their posts. Pros/Cons to blocking about 10 users.

Pro: You don't have to see their posts

Pro: To my knowledge they're not made aware that you blocked them, so that shouldn't hurt future sales

Pro: If you're confused about the flow of the thread you could click to view their posts

Con: They still exist.

3-1 win

Pro: You don't have to see their posts

Pro: To my knowledge they're not made aware that you blocked them, so that shouldn't hurt future sales

Pro: If you're confused about the flow of the thread you could click to view their posts

Con: They still exist.

3-1 win

I didn't even know you could block people.

Also 500 posts for me!

pissed, just bought a NES from a shop and got all the way home and the fucker wont even turn on. Now I have to drive all the way back and dont get to play all my games!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FC-Twin-Duo-NES-Super-SNES-Console-Game-System-/310445444699#vi-content

these actually work pretty well. controllers kinda suck, so if you have legit SNES controllers laying around, i'd use those.

I am thinking about ignoring more people. I currently only block big hairy stinky muff. I don't want to do this because it can make threads confusing when posts are missing and I might want to sell records to them, but at the same time I cringe at almost everyone of their posts. Pros/Cons to blocking about 10 users.

The block function is the only positive thing SRC has done for these boards. Of course, they could be blamed for the influx of terrible posters, but i guess it evens out.

Going to a university today for a campus visit. I'll more than likely be starting there this fall.

I've already been accepted and am on a partial scholarship because of my ACT.

Any questions I should be sure to ask?

I've got normal stuff such as if there's any grants I qualify for (already sent in the FAFSA), living accommodations, meal plans, and all that jazz. But is there anything else you all could think of that would be good to ask?

Going to a university today for a campus visit. I'll more than likely be starting there this fall.

I've already been accepted and am on a partial scholarship because of my ACT.

Any questions I should be sure to ask?

I've got normal stuff such as if there's any grants I qualify for (already sent in the FAFSA), living accommodations, meal plans, and all that jazz. But is there anything else you all could think of that would be good to ask?

What university and which program?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic