7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Things Doms need to check out if they somehow haven't already:

Pretty much any Louisville Hardcore band.

Like Wolves

Salem's Pot

Beat Happening

Beulah

Crypt Trip

Curtis Mayfield

Egypt

ELVIS COSTELLO

Peter Gabriel's first solo record (*and any Gabriel era Genesis)

Kate Bush

Little Wings

Mount Eerie

Om

The Well

Zaum

The Jazz June

i second these and also add

braid

hey mercedes

koufax

on the might of princes

caravels

rocket from the crypt

the faint

the descendents

the bronx

the anniversary

jets to brazil

...and more tbd

4 minutes ago, themeconspiracy said:

ugh. this site is so fucked. and worst timing ever. of course it all goes to shit the night before i officially become unemployed and actually have time to come on here/need stupid distractions the most

Rip. maybe go to your local store and flip through records for a hours, that'll burn some time.

1 minute ago, Professor Finn said:

Rip. maybe go to your local store and flip through records for a hours, that'll burn some time.

ugh. sadly, i had a bit of a falling out with my fave local store :( 

long story short, they participated in rsd for the first time ever this year and i was super stoked to go support them instead of my usual rsd spot. but they were kinda dicks about the whole thing and like flat out advertised that they were hoarding all their rsd titles for themselves and their friends and i kinda called them out on their bullshit. because. that's just pretty shitty. and now i'm not sure we're friends anymore :( 

5 minutes ago, themeconspiracy said:

ugh. sadly, i had a bit of a falling out with my fave local store :( 

long story short, they participated in rsd for the first time ever this year and i was super stoked to go support them instead of my usual rsd spot. but they were kinda dicks about the whole thing and like flat out advertised that they were hoarding all their rsd titles for themselves and their friends and i kinda called them out on their bullshit. because. that's just pretty shitty. and now i'm not sure we're friends anymore :( 

Aw man that sucks :(
If you look at the rsd website you can look up stores and if it doesn't have a "P" next to the name that mean they're probably going to be assholes about it
 http://recordstoreday.com/Stores?state=&new_search=Brooklyn

1 minute ago, themeconspiracy said:

took so many years to get that on vinyl. so worth it. ugh. so many memories. they were so good live.

Speaking of many years, I've been in the game about two years and recently tracked out a few things I've been wanting since I started. Finally got a OP of Antichrist Superstar and it ended up being the white label promo for $90. Collecting has made me learn patience. 

2 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Aw man that sucks :(
If you look at the rsd website you can look up stores and if it doesn't have a "P" next to the name that mean they're probably going to be assholes about it
 http://recordstoreday.com/Stores?state=&new_search=Brooklyn

yeah. they had the p. so basically the p means that they sign a contract saying they will abide by certain rules and in return, get RSD exclusives, so they signed said contract, acted pretty shittily, and i told them they were being shitty. because they were. 

1 minute ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

REZ FUCKING LISTEN TO THE FORMAT. THE ALBUM YOU NEED IS DOG PROBLEMS. YR WELCOME. 

WELL, IT MAY NOT RESONATE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOUVE NEVER BEEN FUCKED UP BY LOVE BUT WHEN YOU GET HURT, REVIST THE ALBUM. 

yes. and mae - the everglow

also, blade -points for not saying it might not "rezonate" with him 

I SAY I'VE GOT SO MANY BETTER THINGS, I'VE GOT NOTHING. YOU SHOULD SEE ME. I SMOKE MYSELF TO SLEEP AND BLAME POSTMODERN THINGS I CANT RELATE LIKE SUMMER CAMP AND COASTAL STATES. LIKE ALCOHOL AND COFFEE BEANS. DANCE FLOORS AND MAGAZINES. I THINK ITS SAFE TO SAY IVE ONLY GOT MYSELF TO BLAME

Someone please stop me before I go off into a shitposting 10 post rant about The Format. They're one of my favorite bands to ever make music and they are SO FUCKING UNDERRATED. LIKE FUCK DUDE THEIR LYRICS ARE SO HARD HITTING AND INCREDIBLE. PLUS WITH NATE'S GOLDEN VOICE ON VOCALS. FUUUCK.  

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic